Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:59:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 77 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White Rastas - can it happen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: White Rastas - can it happen?  (Read 200338 times)
I Shack

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 11:49:15 AM »

White Rasta can happen but it is very rare. Nuff of them just wear locks as fashion statement so you can't assume they are Rastas. I disagree that whites being Rasta is stealing our African culture. It preserves the culture, the more people the stronger the movement, but we don't want whites to take all the credit or be at the head of it.

Rasta is in the heart not your skin color if one is sincere and actually wants to trod the rastafari path there should not be a problem. The problem is that there are so many hippies that hear some Bob Marley records and get into it and smoke herb so they think they are Rasta. Hippies are very far away from Rasta morals and livity so them should not be considered Rasta. But if they genuinely like the culture you can't blame them. Let them dance to reggae and hear di positive vibes and ting one doesn't have to be Rasta to enjoy that. The point I'm trying to say is people should not be drawn to Rasta for the wrong reasons, it should be a genuine spiritual pursuit that comes from the heart. Blessings
Empress_Tracy

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2007, 08:42:48 PM »

Blessed Love I shack, give thanx for the upfull reasoning and word sound..heart of love
Brendan

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 12:12:46 PM »

I am white and I want to be a Rasta not for Ganja(i can't smoke anyway) and not for the look, but becasue i agree that all people are equal and no one deserves any mistreatment due to the colour of their skin which also includes being told that they cannot be rasta becasue they are white. Although I agree with people on this forum when they say that a white person should not be allowed to lead the rastas becasue it is after all a black movement but they should be allowed to follow it. And I fully support your views on equality of all men of all colours. And someone said that white people that don't know about their heritage can't be rasta for some reason so I'm just pointing out that I do know about my heritage becasue my father and my grandparents study geneology and they have a family tree going well before the time we moved to Canada from Ireland and Ukraine.

"That until there is no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes."
                                                  -Bob Marley
Brendan

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 12:16:09 PM »

True Rasta knows no color..its about the unity and livity amongst Rasta people..I met a Rasta woman the other day (caucasion) and the vibes I got from her was so pure and radiant...some rastas (black) don't give off that vibes..so what is important the color of your skin or the merit of your heart.

I agree with Kai "True Rastas know no colour" that is the whole point of being rastafarian isn't it equality of all men and women no matter what the colour of their skin. 
Brendan

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 12:18:14 PM »

By the way I joined this forum to learn about Rasta from true Rastas in hopes of becoming a True Rasta so if anyone doesn't like that I am a rast at teh moment is it so bad that I just want to learn from you just putting that out there before some one says something like get off the forum u arent rasta or something.
Bukenya

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 01:08:11 PM »

Silence occurs when contradiction is heard,

Greetings in the name of the most High H.I.M. Haile Selassie I,

Nobody on this planet is born with all the knowledge of overstanding. I n I learn that all that makes me is the path I walk on and the knowledge I gained therein. Now how you overstand knowledge is left to the individual. If I n I is to attempt grasping the power of the most High, then I n I undoubtebly be dealing with that which was, is and shall always be. That which was, is and shall always rule. This rule is the definition of eternity, those laws bounded by unity for segregation can never grow into anything sustainably. U see, to divide means to destroy that which is unified and thus to unify means to create. If life is about creation then the answer to me is very clear. Take a continent, say AFRIKA, divide it with borders into countries and there we have the seed for unstoppable wars, seen. And indeed as H.I.M. say also untill the philosophy that holds one race superior and another inferior...there shall be war. Silence always occurs when that is mentioned, H.I.M. own words addressing the whole world, please can someone explain how H.I.M. meant black superiority and white inferiority with those words???!!!! On this forum there are those that speak words of hate towards their fellow man, those whom we share our ancestor with, ADAM. Divide and rule is indeed their favoute tool so please my brethren don't be fooled by this ignorant rule! I n I is surely a complete 'hue man', implying that I n I come from the creation by 2 other humans. One happens to be what some consider 'white' (a judgement for those that dare not look deeper within the soul) and the other 'black'. Must this mask of the soul be a reason for me to scorn my own mother? I n I simply will refuse to do such for I believe babylon is system...it may have materialized into that which we can see and touch but my friend don't be illuded for it's a system of the mind!  Lack of knowledge to keep the masses blind! Mankind creates what he believes...the moment our belief changes it begins to materialize. Who r you my brethren to judge ur fellow man? JAH?! JAH judgeth the souls and always has and think not to be priviledged of his judgement because of the amount melanin that is found within your skin! If we do truely overstand our history and follow the laws of unity, only then can we unshackle our minds from nationhood to global livity. I n I appreciate, respect and bless all life on this planet, even equality of the smallest ant, for even he may carry JAH message so if I n I unify myself with the most High then there are no limits beyond the sky. But for now I know I shall not waste my time on those unwilling to accept that which unifies mankind for truely it is their will that shall keep them blind.

JAH Bless you all,

...and may H.I.M. guide us all to the light that illuminites our sight to a being that is right...

-soulwarrior
I Shack

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2007, 02:02:47 PM »

I am white and I want to be a Rasta not for Ganja(i can't smoke anyway) and not for the look, but becasue i agree that all people are equal and no one deserves any mistreatment due to the colour of their skin which also includes being told that they cannot be rasta becasue they are white. Although I agree with people on this forum when they say that a white person should not be allowed to lead the rastas becasue it is after all a black movement but they should be allowed to follow it. And I fully support your views on equality of all men of all colours. And someone said that white people that don't know about their heritage can't be rasta for some reason so I'm just pointing out that I do know about my heritage becasue my father and my grandparents study geneology and they have a family tree going well before the time we moved to Canada from Ireland and Ukraine.

"That until there is no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes."
                                                  -Bob Marley

Well with all due respect why do you want to become a Rasta? All religions preach equality of all men of all colours.
Brendan

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2007, 04:47:19 PM »

Not quite if they did then there would never have been slaves in all the history the jewish people would not have been put to work as slaves by the egyptians and would the african people have been used as slaves by the white people.  Of course now adays they all do becasue if they didn't then they wouldn't be socially exeptable and no one would join them but there aren't any religions besides rastafarian that really enforces it as an actual part of their religion that I know of.  And I am a big believer in judging someone by what they do and not by how they look.
RAS KANA

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 11:33:59 PM »

Hail, Brendan...

satta man...no worries yuhkno. Take it easy. Just meditate on the Most h I gh and try stop worry bout what people tink on the internet. haha. I mean...Im the one who started this topic. I've got some white blood in me yuh kno but I'm tryin to come to the point where I see the world's people as one...I know good white people...I just am hesitant b/c of tings that agwan inna tha past...seen....so really...we are all one people...Jah Children...it just is hard for the whole of we some time yuh kno to get past a colur. B/c i know that when Iman see a European looking white man...with european features and ting...It just reminds me of expoltation and slavery and what them call "Christanity" I hail up the Christ same way ..yuh dun know. JAH RASTAFAR I!!

HIghly BLESS

Brendan

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2007, 06:44:01 PM »

I t would be great if everyone could jsut put the whole race thing behind them and start anew not forgte everything becasue i think it is a great thing to know about your heritage but just have a fresh start .
Jah Melku

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »

I t would be great if everyone could jsut put the whole race thing behind them and start anew not forgte everything becasue i think it is a great thing to know about your heritage but just have a fresh start .

You were doing so well until that.
Why is it that white people are always putting forward this idea?
How about this...When white people put away this concept, then we wont need to be concerned about race.
I don't have a problem with the preferred quote "until the philosophy that holds...", but it is blatantly ridiculous to ask the oppressed to pretend that race is not a factor, when their oppression is based upon race!
Just because so many white kids choose to live in denial while enjoying the benefits of white privilege, don't think that you are then able to ask us to live in denial.  We already did that when we were fed the "Don't worry, just be a good slave and Jesus will take care of you when you get to heaven" bullsh*t.
Man, look how you go get me all worked up...and I'm one of the ones who are for inclusion too, but you have a ways to go before me coulda trust you iyah.  Long time you have to watch the walk-in sheep to make sure it's not a wolf.

Still, One Perfect Love,
Jah Melku
Ras Mikael

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »

Hail in the name of HIM Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari...

Brendan, I have to agree with Jah Melku, race is definitely a factor and cannot be put behind InI.  Even though Anthropologists have shown that Race isn't biological, it still exists as a socio-cultural construct and has caused so much damage, pain, destruction, etc. to InI black bredren and sistren as well as so many other peoples (i.e. the indigenous people's of the Americas).  InI can't just put that behind InI.

At the same time, Brendan, if JAH lead I to be Rastamon...That is between I and JAH.  No man can tell InI what InI can or can't be.  JAH is judge and HIM say that color of skin needs to stop being a factor.  If I feel that I are called by The Most High to be a Rasta then don't let anyone stand in the way of that.  Just feel JAH Love in I heart and follow HIM livity.  If JAH is one and there is no other, then JAH is for all people and all people JAH....As Luciano say," Man (Black, White, Asian, Indian, Whoever) was made to serve JAH, and Together we'll live forever."

BTW, I guess I am a white Rasta (I father is Puerto Rican/ I mother is White)...I think everyday on the shamefull acts I people perpetrated on InI Indian and African bredren and I seek daily to make amends for that.  I never can...I overstand that, but doing InI part is all InI can do.  Educating I-self and fighting Babylon System is a start.  This is why I become an Anthropology major...to do I part to end the downpressive system of Babylon and to make this world safe for Iversity.

Nyahbinghi!!!

In the name of His Imperial Majesty, King of Israel, King of Kings, Lord of Zion: JAH bless! One Love! One Heart!

Ras Mikael (Adrian)
Empress_Tracy

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2007, 12:39:58 AM »

Blessed My Lords and Empresses, heart of celebration for HIM earthstrong. Hope all is bless with ones and ones. Jah Melku, I hope the I not roarring still. I want share how I see ur reasonment. I agree with the I, but remember In I still have to be purged. I know it is easier said then done and plus I cannot truly understand ur feelings cause I'm not afrikan, but I mother and father of creation are, and I feel u. But, In I have been conditioned by the west for so long that I n I don't even real eyes it sometimes. So, the I got worked up, but what if the I tried to educate the bredren. It may be that he just didn't know or real eyes. So, don't mark him as a wolf so quik. Maybe from ur email he real eyesd his way of thinking was wrong. I just say this cause being white and living in a white world, they don't want to teach us the truth. So, we really need to learn from the main source- Afrikans, etc. I can't really express Iself through email, but hope u get I point..EAch one teach one.
I strongly believe that until afrika is free we cannot start to let go of the past. The past will always be in our mind. It is sad that 1/2 the story has never been told. I said this before, as they raped u, ur true-story and mother afrika, they hid me from knowing u and hated me for talking about ur true-story and standing next to u. But, so much hasn't been told, so when u learn about it, it seems like it happened yesterday.
I n I spirits will not rest, nor will I n I be free until the motherland is free. Until that day reparation and repatriation occurs, there will be war.
Just look at ur calender, they still celebrate columbus who enslaved the arawak then afrikan slaves and who didn't discover anything, but how to rob and rape more. They say forget the past, but were still living in it, just another form. Slavery never ended, just look at all the genocide, media, schools, etc.
Many blessings to all, love love
Dustyrasta

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2007, 10:14:07 PM »

Many of you point out that being a "Rasta" to most white people is a fad and they just want the look and to smoke and listen to reggae. This I agree with from what InI have seen. That is really all that people think that Rastas are anyway until they actually make the effort to look into it. However rare it may be I think whites can become Rastas, if their heart is right and they face the reality of the truth behind white supremacy and babylon. As well as making every effort to stop oppression and bring down the system by say choosing not to go to college or promote and becoming as little a part of the system as possible. they must face the fact of their supremacy, racist ways, systematic slavery and recognise it as an atrosity upon all humanity. we must not be afraid to reason on racism. if they realise these wrongs then they are on the right path. White Rastas are proof that white people can change, that should be supported. I look at it as a first step toward taking the path that should be taken by all people anyway. at least some effort is made, many just seek more knowledge for it because they are trying to figure out whats right, they want to face reality. even a little can help alot. Whites have clearly shown that they do not know the way that life is to truly be lived. This does not say that Rasta is not still a black movement when whites become rasta. I am white but I embrace that blacks are the selected race of God. They are clearly much wiser than whites, as well as many other factors. I practice Rasta with the hope that blacks one day will rule this world with love and peace as god had intended. The whites will not survive without the help of blacks. that is why whites and all races must learn the ways of Rasta so as to be a proper part of creation. whites must realise and learn as we all do. All those that are unable to do this will go down in babylon. The sheep must learn to respect the shephard.

As for whites praising JAH. You cannot deny that it is fact and we know that Haile Selassie is divine, for it is prophesised in the bible. Since he truly is JAH then isnt that what all people are supposed to follow? They just havent been educated because of the way they have been taught to think. They see god as white and their beliefs have been greatly distorted. and most People dont like change because its what they have been taugh their entire lives. Only half the story has been told. If it has been looked into and researched by whites and others as InI have done then the truth will be learned and therefore once you know and accept the truth that automatically makes you a part of it. and you focus your life on the teachings. The LOVE is what guided me. I just seeked the truth. And I found it. Much humility is in order for Whites if they wish to be saved.

RESPECT, LOVE and WISDOM. May JAH shine his light upon you all.
Thank you for reading. Hows my aim? I am wondering, do I sound like one of the "rare" white rastas? I would like to know if I have my thoughts in order. Thanx
Jah Melku

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »

What is wrong with going to college?  Both Marcus and Selassie taught that i-ducation is paramount.

now let's think on this:
"I am white but I embrace that blacks are the selected race of God."
"I practice Rasta with the hope that blacks one day will rule this world with love and peace as god had intended."

Do you really believe the Almighty has a selected race?  Isn't this belief what caused a lot of the problems Rastafari aim to address?
Why do 'blacks' need to rule the world? or any other select culture or group?

The Almighty is no respecter of persons.  It doesn't matter what your ethnicity, all is equal.
Only righteousness was meant to rule the Earth, not a special ethnic group.

You cannot change your ancestors' past, so accept it and move forward.
Do not overcompensate for that past by developing an inferiority complex.
No man is more important than another in the sight of the Creator.
Live in love and it will reflect upon you.
Fight injustice wherever you see it and Rastafari will shine within you.
Seek and speak the Truth whatever it may cost you.

Love And Peace,
Jah Melku
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: