Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White Rastas - can it happen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: White Rastas - can it happen?  (Read 199869 times)
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 01:09:15 AM »

"a product of chris blackwell" was what you actually said. I myself must now apologize for misquoting you.
However I do suggest that you first, find out just a "LICKLE" more of what Bob Marley IS [not was] about, and second, apologize for saying that bull ca ca.
Blessed
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 02:53:09 PM »

ok gman,we can agree to disagree,the fact is when you go and compete fora job when white hippies cut their locs they can still get in where the door is shut on you.

number two brother,why people dont ackowledge that the wailers built bob marley and that chris blackwell,
is the man that owns island records,irish guy,another question gman,lotta of rasta here in toronto and else where sings about babylon dis and babylon dat,me myself,i want to get out of this modern day rome,when shit hits the fan,it probably will,because,csis is now pig backing the amerikkkans,so stead of singing what about making ita reality,why not work in repatritation to the motherland,stead of singing your lungs out,put words into actions,what ya think Two Thumbs
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 08:27:10 AM »

Certainly agree with you about white hippies... I'm not trying to defend white hippies... although I don't think everyone classified as a white hippy is totally evil.
Bob was a PART of the Wailers, the Waillers was Peter, Bob, Bunny (who were all related by blood or marriage- Peter and Bunny were cousins or something like that, and Bunny's dad used to deal with Bob's mum). There was also a bredren named "Vision" Walker who filled in for Bob when Bob went to the States to work for a year, before later emigrating himself.
Peter had a bit more musical knowledge than Bob or Bunny as far as playing instruments, he was the one who taught Bob to play guitar.
Blackwell didn't come into the picture until the early 70s, by which time the Wailers had existed for over a decade and piled up hits pon top of hits in the Jamaican charts (for which none of them got paid fairly). Blackwell, who comes from one of the "ruling families" of Jamaica, saw they were a "hot property", and decided to invest in them. He also instigated division within the ranks in typical backra fashion. Although Joe Higgs (early musical mentor of the Wailers) had already appointed Bob as the "leader", that had more to do with his disciplinarian approach to rehearsals than with an idea of Bob as the centrepiece and Bunny and Peter as window dressing. Joe Higgs noticed that Bob would be very quick to get annoyed if everything wasn't absolutely right at a rehearsal, so he was put in charge of running rehearsals. He wasn't declared the leader per se of the band (as in Bob Marley AND the Wailers) until Bunny and Peter left the band (although Blackwell's attitude probably helped drive them out.) It seems that the main reason for Peter and Bunny leaving the Wailers was over the touring; they were touring in some very rough conditions and getting stranded in horrible small English towns in the middle of winter with no money, and Peter had enough of that, and Bunny never liked to travel by plane anyway. Bob decided to stick to it. To my knowledge it was after Peter and Bunny left the Wailers that Blackwell re-christened the band as Bob Marley and the Wailers; before that it was just the Wailers, although nowadays Island re-released "Catch a Fire" as by Bob Marley and the Wailers.
The fact that Bob was light skinned and "mixed race" no doubt had something to do with his massive surge in international popularity compared to Peter and Bunny. But he was never a "fraud" and he was never 'friends' with Chris Blackwell, Blackwell saw Bob as someone who could make him some money, and Bob saw Blackwell as someone who could assist him in getting the music out to the masses, until such time as Bob could control his own ting. (Which he was getting ready to do before he passed forward; one of the things Bob said was that he really wanted to tour Africa, but not with no white record company making money off it, he said that would seem like slavery all over again, so he wanted to wait to tour Africa until he fully controlled Tuff Gong and could built it to a level where he wouldn't need Island's backing.)
Also not being from Jamaica and perhaps not knowing about the extent of the war that was going on in the 70s at election time, you might not overstand the significance or intended message conveyed by Bob getting Manley and Seaga to shake hands on stage (the only time the two bitter rivals had ever shook hands in public). As he later explained, he was tryina say to all the ghetto youths busy killing one another over these two white/near-white guys, "Look... they shaking hands now... so whatchu killing one another for?" He also is reputed to have said later "I should have killed them both when I had the chance" (although he was obviously swung more towards Manley's camp than C.I.A.ga's, Bob nor none of the Wailers had any great respect for politicians.)
"We nuh have no friends, inna high society..."
moore

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 07:00:55 AM »

Hello,
I have overviewed briefly whats going on these foras. I is white skin man from germany. I have spent time in jamaica in my teens, later i visited ethiopia. i got involved with reggae and above all with the german scene, for in germany i spent most of my time.
most of the people who go to dancehall here just follow something they don't know, some of them because it 's fashionable or/and the like the reggae mood.

let yu all know that it is a small minority in germany who are really into reggae.
though its growing i would say. let me tell you that rascism is there, not only in the east also in the west. i have seen it and i experience that so its true, that old white rascism against black skin. one day i went to a normal market with a dark skinned girl and the vendours screwed up their faces almost angrily very much because she was brown. most white people deny the fact that most german people are more or less instinctively rascist. but its reality.

when i was in jamaice i was taught in black supremacy. one day i reasoned with a bingi having smoked a lot of herb. he told me that white people were made when a woman may be a black woman slept with a dog. i was told black peoples skin is thicker than white skin and stronger and renews itself while white skin is not so.
another rasta told me in some kingston zink fence yard, that all races come thru black and that white  cannot produce black. the reasoning goes so the black is the horse and white is the mule, because the mule cannot bring horse, but the horse bring mule. so they look at nature to see the things him tell me.
they play certain games with me, i was confused more time on the island i have been only 15 years and some old.
one deejay said on some song that death war to all caucasian guy, and a couple of other things. i thought they were right because i saw no white people with love and dat vibe which i thought to come from africa. i identified very much with black. i was a small youth who felt that i grow up amongst black.
anyway i stick to what garvey said about klukluxclan. dem better than white hypocrites pretending to love reggae but fighting instinctively anytime when the supreme being take onto itself flesh. i have seen that more time.
de whole a dem are like that and waan send me into psychiatric hospital because of schizophrenia.
anway den, i end up as white trash ina dis land. and no black no white save me ina dis. i dont give a damn if white can be rasta or not.
i is not going to be white slave without an own mind like some soundsystem suckaz for no black artists.
i read a lot about onu culture, study all ethiopian matters and always trying to hold a vibe. but in the meantime i am accepted no where, i have a lived a long time in germany now, anyway i don t want to disrespect the forum.
just keep de fire burnin, de higher one no care if i still listen to reggae when judgement increase.
Prophet Asher

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 04:16:02 PM »

I'm from Central America, from Costa Rica actually.  I am a white latino, My father is indigenous Salvadorean and my mother is European but I dont see that as a problem.  I truly belive that being a Rasta has nothin to do with the complexion of your skin.  I know for a fact that JAH created ONE man Adam and ONE wombman Eve who had within them the genes to give birth to all the races upon the face of the earth.  I believe that God's chosen people (Israel) are what we know as Afrikans or black people, having black skin symbolizes holiness. Father Abraham who JAH made a covenant with was a Black man, Jacob who JAH made a promise to that he would be the father of millions was also a black man.  God chose black people to carry the message of salvation to the world. Afrikans are the real Hebrews, who have endured opression since biblical times.  I unlike most white people know that I am not and can never be of dark complexion, JAH made me how the way I am.  But JAH isn't intrested in my body, he cares for my heart and spirit, for when I grow old and die  my body will go back to where EVERYONE came from, the earth.

I dont like the talk about racial superiority because the only one who has the right to be called superior over anyone is Haile Selassie I rightful King and Lord of this earth.  All humans are equal, if you do not sympathize with a white brother becoming a Rasta then you are not living what your preaching and that in my book is being a hypocrite.  Rasta is about LOVE towards one  another, Rasta is about finding JAH through his wonderful creation, rasta protects the weak and gives ligth and guidance to the one living in anguish and darkness.  JAH warns those who serves a stone in someone's path towards righteousness and salvation.  If Rasta is the way then how can you deviate some one from the truth, If you disaprove of a white, asian, indian, latin, eskimo etc... rasta what you are really against is unity, love and peace in the world.

We must not just wish blessings upon our own race, nation or creed, we have to ask for JAH to bless everyone, all the nations.  My parents were missonaries and I always grew up readin the bible and finding the truth fro my self and that what being a rasta is really about.  You smoke JAH's holy herb and read his holy scriptures to find the truth that Babylon has been trying to Hide for over 2 milleniums. We're all Rastas because JAH made us all, is just that most of world is lost and confused. Get in touch with your rasta within and show the world the light and the truth.
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »

well asher u are contaminated with the european blood of the rheziku aryans,krakkkazoids,most of the krakkkzoid type get into reggae and rastafarism because the new age movement like most whote hippies do,
who built the high temples in mexico,and who built machu pichu was us,bantu people,the originators,the hue manis,krakkkazoids came from the caves and they are savages by nature,the celts,the scotts,the slavs,the danes,they raped their women and after killed them,europeans are the ones who created heathanism ,we the ebonite people/afrikan peoples have the oldest DNA on the planet Two Thumbs
moore

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »

lol AkReb
how old are you?
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 03:27:20 PM »

I am a bit confused, do Rastas not try to be closer to Jah? Don't Rastas preach about the beauty of Jah's Love, and the falling of downpressors.  So y would Rasta then divide themselves by their color.  It is a great blessing to watch a man, and not see his complexion, but the fire of Jah within.
Loyal SoulJAH

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 06:17:59 AM »

Yes I, greetings in tha name of the everliving I-ncient King Of I-ration . . . Emperor Haile Selassie I, JAH Ras TafarI Makonnen, ah beuty 4 InI to behold and an example to us all. Let ALL races promote H.I.M and try to emulate H.I.M.
    This is ah very big topic for Iyahman, something that touches I heart, I never used to feel away about anything but, from reading unnu views I'm feeling deeply troubled.
     I'm NOW watered down, no longer bunnin that Fiyah as radically as before, you could say i've become ah product of so many RasTa's who shun and deny white people and disinclude them from their movement . . . correction . . . Our movement.
     Didnt H.I.Mself Prince I-mmanuel Charles Edwards designate ah white priest? YES! and Bobo Shanti is strictly ah black supremacy movement so, how could the black Christ innah flesh give authority to ah white man to teach? Simple, JAH knows InI as individuals and as ah 1 movement, H.I.M knows InI hearts, JAH dun chose H.I.Ms few from long time and, YES I, this includes races outside of Israel (I-thiopians), so, get to know that its time to put aside our differences and step forward together and NOT against.
    I shouldnt have to remind you about the speech our beloved black King made, "What Life has taught Mi" and I shouldnt have to remind you for what it stands for, as well as African liberation, I-duct (conduct of I-self), it also has that sentence that should stay in our minds "Until the colour of ah mans skin is of no significance than the colour of his eyes, there shall be war."
    You could call mi ah weakheart for I did do what unnu require, tek of I turban, cut off I hair and dissasociate I-self wit RasTafarI, even deny H.I.M but I always step 4wards to H.I.M, theres something about H.I.M, I see what unnu see, I-thiopia reigns and black people should be the voice of the world, plain and simple.
    I've even tried to be more white like, trying to let go of black culture but, its hard, from I know the truth I know the truth regardless of what anybody says.
    I NOW carry JAH in I heart and, yes, I am in JAH'S heart, H.I.M walks wit Iyah and Iyah walk wit H.I.M, regardless of skin colour.
    Please, dont associate all white peoples as hippies, I know exactly what you're talkin about coz when I see ah whiteman wit locks I straight away look for ah beard or ah sign of red gold and green. In both walks of life many people bring shame upon RasTafarI's name and H.I.Ms people and thats when the REAL Gods and Goddesses get judged and looked on as 1 of dem.
    Its upto InI to push 4ward. Know thyself, get in touch with Thyself, show Jah you're willin, grab H.I.Ms hand when H.I.M strech's out, overall, let H.I.M be praised for I-ver.
    May be white people cannot be official RasTa's but white people can be ah spokesman for rightouesness, helping bun down babylon and bringing forth ah "Rasta Government", I've taught many black misled youths about themself and their African Heritage, nobody can tell mi ah single thing except the most High JJJAAAHHH RasTafarI, and to let anybody know, i'm NOT ah vulture, i'm NOT doing this for recognition, i'm doing this for I know and NOT believe, Selassie I lives and reigns.
     Check it, I-mmanuel seh, Man of Right is God In Flesh, Man of wrong is Satan in flesh, so stick to the right and bun out the wrong, for on my part I will never stop callin on Jah's name, i'm H.I.Ms child, whether locks or balhead, whether beard or clean shaven, JAH knows I and I know H.I.M. JJJAAAHHH bless.
     "I have no white God, dont teach mi anything wrong". Selassie I.
Moon-Shine

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 02:28:26 PM »

If you judge me not to be Rasta, you go against Rasta. Leave all judgment unto Jah. People who want to liberate and elevate humanity come in all colors and from all around our globe. Deal with it, deal with the truth. Don't fight against what you're fighting for.
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 11:36:24 AM »

RASTA IS NOT ABOUT LIBERATING "HUMANITY". IT IS ABOUT LIBERATING BLACK PEOPLE WHO ARE NOW BEING DOWNPRESSED AND ENSLAVED BY SMILING WHITE FACES.

when black people are liberated, then humanity will be liberated. now, u do ur part, and leave us to do ours.

"when afrikan righteous people come together, the world will come together. this is our divine destiny" - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I

BLACK LIVE. BLACK REDEMPTION. BLACK GOVERNMENT. BLACK!

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
RAS KANA

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2006, 08:11:31 PM »

Yes mi Idren.
Give thanks for all the responces and such. 
Imon used to feel very strong about this topic. I didn't think there could be any true white Rastas. But after some reasioning and meeting some people, I see they we should stop all these divisions. One love, sight?  but, InI should be very carefull not to let RastfarI become sort of, for a lack of better words, a white thing. because white people have stolen nuff from InInI.

RastafarI bless
Habte Selassie

Jah Rastafari I is the Almighty

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 08:57:11 AM »

greetings in the name of the almighty Jah Rastafari never fail always sure

Yes InI , iam iam seen no matter of color . No recal discrimination.  black white japanise chinese indian  its nah depend of color of eyes or skin its a heart thing .! oneness! rasta is nah colorthing rasta is universal , InI bredren here don´t know how much white ...... rasta´s praise haile selassie every day !    rasta all over the world . global thing seen

praise the lion of judah every day

Selah

greetings in the name of His Imperial Majesty Imperor Haile Selassie I King of Kings Lord of Lords Conquering Lion from the Tribe of Judah elect of god true light of the world revolution Selassie I Rastafari

Jah bless you
stay clean
Habte Selassie
Ithiopia
S1

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 08:40:23 AM »

I have trouble some with the idea of white rastas.  do you think there can be true white rastas? 
No white rastas are like black nazis its an oxymoron that cant happen. No matter how bad they wanna steal another part of our culture their theft will never make them rastas. Same thing with so-called native american ancestors, yts stole their culture walking around with bird feathers and dream catchers claiming to be "indian". Imitating us does not make them us. Dread locks dont make em rasta & dream catchers dont make em indian it just makes them sad and pathetic to not have their own culture.
S1

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 08:45:09 AM »

True Rasta knows no color..its about the unity and livity amongst Rasta people..I met a Rasta woman the other day (caucasion) and the vibes I got from her was so pure and radiant...some rastas (black) don't give off that vibes..so what is important the color of your skin or the merit of your heart.
Its a yt supremacists thing to suggest a yt women can be more rasta than a black person. Rastafarianism is a part of my Black culture and not nobody else. Dont yts have witchcraft (Druidism) cant yts be happy with their own culture?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: