Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White man in rastafari
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: White man in rastafari  (Read 37210 times)
Azania 7

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 09:04:57 AM »

Greetings

I thank you for helping me to overstand the matter a bit more from the mind of Rasta (particularly to you Boogieman)- Thanks
Please don't get me wrong- I may have come across as critical but i really do believe that energies should be spent on overcoming the evil of oppression through unification rather than building hate... (but i dont wanna try enforce my view on anyone- im sure the people in this forum have own thinking and free thought.)

I also see the reasoning is for Rasta but that said i particularly as an African have enter the forum/ reasonin to gain insight/ overstandin of Rasta so i dont mis-see Rastafari as much of the world do.

Bless

"...we are not anti-anybody.We are pro-Africa..." Robert Sobukwe
Issachar

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 06:45:19 AM »

hello, I'm here for generale opinions and a clear shot of what people think, please don't start a debate over this, I really just want opinions. A friend of mine and myself are white Quebecers (from canada) and believe in the rastafarian way of life. We try to live as rastas do and we definitivly despise the word ''Hippie'' (people should know the diffrence...) We're looking forword to go living in a Rasta community either in Jamaica or in Ethiopia to get out of the material life that is around us... And to live the actual rastafari familly. Do you think this is appropriate? Will people see this badly? I know the rastas started on a base of revolution because they, their familly had been enslaved, and sadly enough, my ancestors where probably stupid enough to have been part of this, but I, youth and white Canadian of today, believe this was the greatest mistake ever and I hope to be able to make a diffrence while I'm on earth and able too. I have already spent 3 monthes in Bénin where I learnt  a lot about african culture and living in a community (though a non-rasta community) Therefore, here is my question, will a Rasta Community accepte 2 fellow white brother and sister in their community for a few monthes? They who wish to share theire beliefs in equal rights and love of mother-earth?

you have to be true to yourself...only then can you be true to others.
phesto

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »

Hail!

First and foremost I don't consider myself being a white man. Those catigorizations was made by the pope and his cohorts some 500 years ago. I refuse to play the white man/black man game beacause it was invented by the devil. Jah RastafarI Haile Selassie I come to show the world that until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abondened, until the color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes, there will be war!!! So those separations, divisions and discriminations have to stop for all of I n I to live in peace and prosperity. I think u should look into RastafarI serious beacause it's the movemant of Jah people in this time. The religions of the world is tied down by historical and traditional miseducation. Only Rasta has been looking into matters without colored eyes, just seeing things as they are without prejudice, and only the Rasta have been free from blindness to know that His Imperial Majesty is the light of the world, no matter how Babylonian forces try to discredit H.I.M.
I and I don't believe, I and I know that this Babylon system is the devils system, and they have this doctrine of white being better than black, to divide and rule the world, to confuse the people with a wicked and evil doctrine. Instead of the teachings of H.I.M. that we all are ONE. But those who follow Babylon system, no matter of color, shall fall with it. And all rightous shall stand tall and firm in this judgement. Selah.
Boogieman

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 08:57:41 AM »

blessed love
well first of phesto, if the I is white, the is using the white privilege, meaning that the I is above on socio economic ladder created by the pope. How about playing this game? It seems that this quote is somehow misoverstood, because HIM was speaking of the ending of white supremacy and racial prejudices, but the i must real-eyes that as long as there is white supremacy system pon this earth, the I being a white person should use this quote as an example for the struggle of human rights, but until that there is war, until the full filling of HIM words the I should shut up about this. The I is using this white privilege and yet at the same time try to be as equally RasTa, well no one say the i shouldn't be RasTa, but bear in mind one thing, that maybe one day the I would want to move to Ithiopia for Iample, go there and say that the I have the same right to be there as any other Ithiopian. Get rid of the I white privilege. Yes the I should forget the race, the I should bun out race issue in the I heart and look past it, but as long as the words of HIM hasn't been fully-full-filled the I should always remember that the I is white. No disraspeck, the has to learn a lot of things. And don't get vexed about black brethren not raspecktin white brethren, all this come from a white gentile. The I must look into thyself more.
Blessed Sabbath
King Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Babylon will fall
Gema

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 05:44:10 AM »

Can not belive wth I see here!!!!! All people have every right to have belive is smth, no color skin can be mesure of somene´s belives And some people call them self a Rastafari, its a shame to read here that someone wnth to see all people tht are not black out of Africa or any other place in the world this Earth is for ALL people, to live in love and respect.All people can be devide in to and only in two categories BAD & GOD. God be with you people
phesto

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »

blessed love
well first of phesto, if the I is white, the is using the white privilege, meaning that the I is above on socio economic ladder created by the pope. How about playing this game? It seems that this quote is somehow misoverstood, because HIM was speaking of the ending of white supremacy and racial prejudices, but the i must real-eyes that as long as there is white supremacy system pon this earth, the I being a white person should use this quote as an example for the struggle of human rights, but until that there is war, until the full filling of HIM words the I should shut up about this. The I is using this white privilege and yet at the same time try to be as equally RasTa, well no one say the i shouldn't be RasTa, but bear in mind one thing, that maybe one day the I would want to move to Ithiopia for Iample, go there and say that the I have the same right to be there as any other Ithiopian. Get rid of the I white privilege. Yes the I should forget the race, the I should bun out race issue in the I heart and look past it, but as long as the words of HIM hasn't been fully-full-filled the I should always remember that the I is white. No disraspeck, the has to learn a lot of things. And don't get vexed about black brethren not raspecktin white brethren, all this come from a white gentile. The I must look into thyself more.
Blessed Sabbath
King Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Respect Boogieman,

I dont understand how I mised the meaning this quote? Or misdirected the words, of H.I.M. Racial prejudices come from all sides of the fence. Each and everyone of of us has some form of racial prejudices force feed to us from the time we can comprehend. Be it by family, peers, gov. politics, even religions. I believe my goal here is to burn out those prejudices in my self, seen and unseen, and to communicate with others about what is in them and why, so that we can work together to burn it out completely, on BOTH sides. There are so many forms of injustice thrown at each and every side as well. I understand, the history of mankind, and know what has been done in the past, but I would never hold a bad mind toward every Geman I now meet in my life today, because of the holacost. My grandmother and grandfather, helped save hundrends, yes literally hundreds of Jewish familys cross boarders and escape slavery, and persecusion, not because they were Jewish, but because they had love for mankind in their hearts. They did'nt see religions defining one another, they never saw color seperating people, they only saw JAH's Children struggling to survive, while others strived for power, and control.

I have nothing but respect for what you have replied with King, and I hold no bad mind at anyone that does not want to respect me, that is not my decission to make. Fact of the matter is the game has changed, and those that want to keep us ignorant and seperated, are geeting really good at hiding their adgenda, and keep us fighting ourselves, while they sit back and watch us fight over history, and each other because of the actions of a few of THEIR minions, all the while they get stronger, and we remain weak. I think what is important now is to fight the injustices, and to learn from the horrible mistakes of the past, however I personally feel it would be extremely destructive, for me to judge every black man because I was jumped by a few kids, on a couple of ocassions, because I was white and trying to walk home from school where I was the minority. The point is that we can all find reasons to dislike each other, thats easy. To follow whats in your heart, and follow what JAH has asked us to do is a challange and a struggle.

Blessed love breddrin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: