Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 59 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Am I sinning?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Am I sinning?  (Read 17271 times)
Lilbit

« on: October 24, 2006, 05:32:38 PM »

l love to listen to hiphop and r&b. People say that is not god-like because of the langauge that's in it. I love to watch movies people say its alot of bad things in the movies this weekend I'm going to see Saw 3. People act like its such a bad thing.
ehotep

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 12:12:56 PM »

I don't think you plan on reinacting any of what you see in Saw3 or hear in hip hop music, so go enjoy yourself. 
chiefblackbear

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 09:54:24 AM »

Music is good reggae hip hop RNB etc. But when you add lyrics to the music its no longer just instrumentals it becomes a song or a message. Hip Hop came out with a positive  message a voice for the revolutionary minded young black solders now its just good songs for strippers to dance to and for weed smoking hustlers to convince themselves that their gangsters after that paper. You aint sinning your just a target you don’t choose what marketing adverts yahoo.com display on their web site there are big company’s who do that. our generation (black people) suppose to be the one thats gona bring to them, so they had to find ways to distract us and turn our minds into TV boxes MTV or empty TV.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8875751284579583762&q=symbolism

http://www.skepdic.com/subliminal.html
wezekana

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:13:17 PM »

You come across as if you like watching these films strictly because of the "bad things" and the "language" in them. I don't know anything about sin, but that in itself could be a problem.
jdfellow

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 03:27:34 PM »

Sin in my overstanding, is going against the Heart.
When you know something is not for the greatest good
and ignore this and do it anyway, then the price we pay is the consequences of our own ignore-ance.  Wall This is essentially what is meant by Karma. So, is what InI doing, serving the highest Joy and greatest Good? Learning how to listen and respect this "voice" is key. Wink
jdfellow

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:49:27 PM »

p.s. If one chooses to view life as a spiritual journey, then what we give time and energy to, could feed us like soul-food for the journey, or not.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: