Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:46:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  african rastas and diasporan rastas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: african rastas and diasporan rastas  (Read 14722 times)
afrikanrebel06

« on: May 12, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »

i have met rastas from the continent,that lives different than the rastas in the new world,as to my surprisea friend of mine told me some koptic monks were rastas as well,moshe or moses was alsoa rasta,
anywayz,in my conversation witha fellow from brazil,a brazilian rasta he told me" people gotta stop classifying all rastas are the same,we are not the same" Edson santos,a rasta singer from brazil,doesnt worship sellassie and on his cd he mentions that he was cruel to some of his people,the brazilian rasta told me that jamaicans created the cult of personality. what are your thoughts on that> Two Thumbs
Mossa_Tosta

Roots

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:30:45 AM »

I believe in the first guiding principles of RASTA and the teachings of Marcus Garvey, The Words of Haile Sellasie King of Kings, The Black Conciousness Movement, The teachings of Steve Biko, Nelson Mandela, Jomo Kenyatta, Kwame Nkuruma, Du Bois, Malcom X the lyrics of Bob Marlye and many others. These have solidfyied the belief in my aficanness and existenc. My Philosophy is progress  and development for African People both in Africa and Abroad.

We are all Africans.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:04:40 PM »

I think that its perfect that Selassie is viewed as flawed by many. Myabe he was. HIM being flawed like the last man stated allows for people to seek out the wisdom of a broad number of Africans (Biko, Malcolm X etc.) and enter the path of afrocentric consciousness. It has to be noted however that the combination of Marcus Garvey, the appearance of Selassie and the consequent Rasta movement out of trenchtown Jamaica, assisted by reggae and the supreme effort of the honorable Bob Marley Berhane Selassie O.M., have been the lightning rod attracting attention to Africa internationally. In my opinion Haile Selassie is humble enough to forgo being recognized as the majestic ingredient to the undeniable rising global African consciousness.

African justice - white redemption
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 01:47:47 AM »

sellasiee was traitor, he was half arab, and even some ethioinas, have told me, he sided with the arabs and the italians.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 09:15:34 PM »

Where do you get your information and reasoning from. "Some ethiopians"? Your reasoning says that if youre Ethiopian your word/opinion is truth - many Ethiopians were against Selassie - so what? He was half-Arab? Is Bob Marley a traitor because he was half-white? I dont know the deep lineage of Tafari Makonnen's mother but her name was Yishimabet, an Ethiopian sounding name, and she was the daughter of a merchant who lived in Welo, Ethiopia. His father was Ethiopian of the Solomonic lineage. What are your sources on the lineage of his mother. Haile Selassie sided with the Arabs and the Italians? Do you have any idea what you're talking about. The answer is obvious. READ my man, with your own eyes.

African justice - white redemption
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: