Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:29:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 77 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Essays and Reasonings (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  hapi holy days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: hapi holy days  (Read 28739 times)
adeakw

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »

The bible says: "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also." Let God judge the ones who do harm to others. If we do, however, decide to judge ourselves and get revange, we shall never get Freedom.

I do understand your frustration though.

^^^I don't advocate violence unless in the case of self defense, but that statement and interpretation from the bible i never agreed with. Everyone has the right to defend him/herself, but that does not mean you automatically resort to violence as a means of defense. Violence should only become an option when all other peaceful means are exhausted. It would be quite foolish to believe that "turn-the-other-cheek" philosophy, it is almost suicidal. Please keep in mind that the bible has been altered and used throughout the history of white supremacy to keep people of color under their control. Have we forgotten the fact that they murdered "Yoshua"("Jesus"), stole his religion and painted him white?

sad..........

I personally didn't use to agree with some of the text that is in the Bible either but I know that it was because it's very hard to follow all the words of God and be a perfect person. I can tell that you're not 100% sure about the Bible and concern that it has been altered over the years. I, althought, take every single word of the Bible as if it was God speaking to me. Every word is Holy to me. And yes, everyone has the right to defend themselves but I think that violence should never become an option. Yes, Jesus is painted mostly white but I've seen different 'versions' of Him in different countries. In Asia, Jesus looks Asian, in Africa African, in Europe white but really, the color/race of God doesn't matter to me. I know He doesn't have a color and the fact that people want him to have a certain color, doesn't bother me because there is no person on earth that can take me away from Him but myself. Those who want to 'steal' Him, He will not know. We really should stop looking what others are doing and start looking at ourselves more. the energy we use to conqures other people could be use to help us get closer to God. He himself will take care of the wicked.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: