Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  I MAN - A HUMBLE AFRICAN !!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I MAN - A HUMBLE AFRICAN !!!  (Read 14391 times)
emrukunanti

Happiness is knowing to stop searching for it.

« on: March 09, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »

Greetings Unto Yu All One and Ones and I hope yu accept my offer of Universal Love and Inity.
InI name called Prince Emru and mi hail outta Zimbabwe and me currently working pon a BSc(Hons) Biological Sciences at de University of Zimbabwe.  Me been trodding the earth for 21 yrs now.
InI look like a Rastaman, Talk like a Rastaman. Preach Rastafari, and Mi livity is also Rastafarian but I do not practise Rastafari.  Then, who am I?
InI can easily answer this question in the words of the late Great Joseph Hill - I MAN , A HUMBLE AFRICAN !
This means that although my livity is that of a Rastaman InI can't simply be truly one because that will actually go against the teachings of me ancestors.  Rasta tells me to live pon Ital diet yet me ancestors were hunters and so me lineage is meat-eating people.  Me told sey Haile Sellasie  a de Kings of Kings but me know bout King Munhumutupa the all Conquering King of his time.  My poor grandmother knows nuttin' bout Sellasie I.  Forgive me Rasta Bredren but smokin' the herb is an abomination in my holy, rich and ancient culture.
However, me learnt a lot of good vybe during my days as a Rasta - humility, love, raspect, Inity, African (black) pride and nuff tings me can't mention now. 
But due to the firm foundation that me have in my true African roots me have graduated from being Rastafari to Humble African.
But, mi still give thanks for the enlightenment and teaching mi got from the principles of Rastafari.  Its only unfortunate that Rastafari originated on the Island of Jamaica among African displaced from dem original culture , it is not sufficient to meet the Spiritual demands of a truly cultural African.
Therefore my plea to all Africans Ayard is that we stop looking up to the Jamaicans fi teach us bout Africa but wi shoulda teach them coz we here pon de land and have our roots inna deh so. 
I HAVE A DREAM -that the continent and Diaspora will be full of - HUMBLE AFRICANS - of course alongside de Rastaman
Give Thanks !!!!

Prince Emru, "tha African Warrior", fly like a butterfly sting like a bee, burn like a fire fresh like water lily
Queen_Samiya

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 01:27:56 PM »

Preach Brother! Preach!  Beam
ptuared7

Roots

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 06:41:42 PM »

You might be interested in my gmo post.  It's sort of white man academic dialect the way I wrote it, excuse I am not able to post in the various dialects appearing on this site which are very enjoyable to survey for anyone interested in linguistics.

For hunting and fishing, generally, it's better to be straight, you're more successful generally i've found.   Also you've still got the pleistocene mega fauna there, so watch out if you are trippin down fantasy lane high on weed and out pops some angry old bull elephant with a sore foot and your are conveniently there for him to smash.  Do you offer the elephant the mondo spliff you were inhaling jus then?!   I think that is why the native americans only used it as a salve or brew strictly for medicine or to relieve joint pain, if you were high all day, oh no, here comes the grizzly bear and I forgot my bow and arrow back at camp cause I'm so messed up!!!  Maybe that is why the taboo .  Plus if you read my post on melanin, I don't think blacks need drugs to get out there in touch with the cosmic egg (etc)

But then again, I've surfed some humongous waves most excellently while a little inebriated on ganja, wasn't so painfull getting smashed to the bottom under tons of water that way.  Relax and hold your breath.

P&7

reg. P7
RASCHUCKY

if u dont stand 4 somthing u will fall 4 anything

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:49:11 PM »

Greetings

I an I love the I's reasonings... As a rasta one doesnt have to smoke herb..some even eat it or drink it instead or burn it as inscence...Its not a drug as god dont make drugs.... Its not for getting high..ganja is more than just gettign high and partying..Its used for spiritual perposes and was also used for the same reasons in Africa,India and China way back... there is a documentary called " Te history of the weed" ...shows all the good purposes it was used for and the plots to make it illegal....If one is going to use it..USE IT AND DONT ABUSE IT... if you just smoke it for a HIGH...you are wasting it...  I an I say AFRICA must UNITE..we dont all have to follow the same beliefs but we can still UNITE..Until we unite things will continue to be the same... AFRICA needs development and we as rases are in motion of developing ourselves to help develop AFRICA..Repartriation is needed in the form of development

Blessed Love

We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules,regulations and rituals created by humans,which were supposed to help
people grow spiritualy.Due to human imperfection religion has become currupt,political,divisive and a tool for power struggle
emrukunanti

Happiness is knowing to stop searching for it.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 08:44:52 AM »

Yes I, Greetings an' Blessed love !!
InI agree wit' yu Raschucky big time that Ifrica must Inite for development fi take place.  But, InI see that is far from ever taking place coz the leaders inna Ifrica dem corrupt big time!! Look at Nigeria, a potential rich country dat but de people dem deh a suffer plenty yet de leader dem gwaan an' spend money inna Europe. Now mi hear sey dem fightin for dem resources in some states deh pon. Really and truly we need fi Inite but de leader dem are lettin us down.  We need true Ifrican leaders wit vision like Marcus Garvey.  Also most leaders dem fraid of Europe and US and dem bow down.  InI hope a de next Jahneration of leaders will...LEAD I-FRICA TO I-SPERITY.
Prince Emru
de African warrior

Prince Emru, "tha African Warrior", fly like a butterfly sting like a bee, burn like a fire fresh like water lily
ptuared7

Roots

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 02:00:23 PM »

Right!  moderation and maybe a more sacramental way of using it.  Maybe  we should call the ganja the "liberator crop" or something like that becuase it certainly has that potential purely as a superior agricultural source of material, food, fuel and medicine.
Carry on!
P7
RASCHUCKY

if u dont stand 4 somthing u will fall 4 anything

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 02:19:47 PM »

Yes I, Greetings an' Blessed love !!
InI agree wit' yu Raschucky big time that Ifrica must Inite for development fi take place.  But, InI see that is far from ever taking place coz the leaders inna Ifrica dem corrupt big time!! Look at Nigeria, a potential rich country dat but de people dem deh a suffer plenty yet de leader dem gwaan an' spend money inna Europe. Now mi hear sey dem fightin for dem resources in some states deh pon. Really and truly we need fi Inite but de leader dem are lettin us down.  We need true Ifrican leaders wit vision like Marcus Garvey.  Also most leaders dem fraid of Europe and US and dem bow down.  InI hope a de next Jahneration of leaders will...LEAD I-FRICA TO I-SPERITY.
Prince Emru
de African warrior

Agree...thats the biggest problem holding back the unity...yhe African leaders are currupt and brainwashed...It has to start with good leaders or strong citizens making a stand

We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules,regulations and rituals created by humans,which were supposed to help
people grow spiritualy.Due to human imperfection religion has become currupt,political,divisive and a tool for power struggle
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: