Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:41:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 51 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  'Wisdom Herb'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 'Wisdom Herb'  (Read 30028 times)
JahJahknows

« on: May 02, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »

Greetings and Respect in the name of MOST HIGH, JAH RASTAFARI!  Everliving!!

Much respect for any guidance!!! Throughout my trod in RastafarI, I have come across many different aspects, opinions on the hola herb.  I continue to take part in the fight for the "Union of the Nation" (Ganja) and am constantly questioned about the use for meditation and wisdom...  I have heard that the wisdom herb was found on the grave of King Solomon. Is this true???  I wish I had a reference as to where I had heard this, however I figure this is the perfect place to post and share guidance.  Much thanks to all post.  Peace and BLESSINGS
RAS KANA

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 01:06:44 PM »

Yes Iya, King Selassie I.

well, as for the Solomon ting, I've heard that a lot too. but i've never seen any ting really to back that up.  But Jah give i n i the herb still. RastafarI.

blessed

-Kana
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 09:01:16 AM »

I think Herb has slowed down the progress of a lot of whites and can severely hamper the journey into manhood - one of my theories is that the chemical make-up of herb is related to melanin - and is better handled by blacks - and more damaging to whites - maybe part of Jah master plan to slow down white aggression and drive

African justice - white redemption
RAS KANA

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:26:07 PM »

interesting take Kebo...ha...neva thought about that before
I Shack

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »

Yes I've heard that too, blacks can take smoking herb better, just like natives can take smoking tobacco better, their not known to get cancer from it. As for the King Solomon thing well I know it's not in the Bible so I don't know where that idea came from but who knows maybe it's true. I think it was probably invented by some Rastas to convince people to smoke herb, but only JAH knows.   
JahJahknows

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 09:53:10 PM »

Much Blessings in the name of our FATHER...JAH RASTAFARI!!!!
I am still in search of text of some sort, or at least somewhat of a reference!  I too believe that it has been somewhat thought up of by RASTA to over come the politricks against the herb.  I KNOW hola herb is for the 'Service of Mankind'.  As it is said in the bible. (ALL MANKIND) Nowhere does it say that melanin may increase any tolerance of tetrahydrocannabolin(THC) so them say!  So all I see, (only thru present fact) is the word going around with no back-bone and no reference as to any origin.  Just as the myth of hola herb on the grave of King Solomon, having no back-bone (as I have yet to find), the myth of herb for blacks, spreads thru words with no back-bone again &again &again... etc. Where has the I heard such ting?

The only difference I see with the herb being only for 'blacks', is that it is part of Satan plan to segregate believers in INI FATHER!!!!  All it is doing is creating
hatred for a social category (known as an "ism"- as InI Rastas know a lil' about)... Jah does teach us to hate..... However he teaches us to hate SIN. 
Only thru his mercy are we saved!!!!!  Because we are born sinners in the flesh.... We must be re-born spiritually(Consciously) to be conscious of such agenda.  Are InI falling into Satan's plan?  Are we helping Babylon fight??! or RASTA??!!!!!  Because Rasta is no COLOR!!!!~~~ Seen??

I apologize if that is messy...dont have much time..(At library)...  Much blessings.... And praise in the name of HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY... JAH RASTAFARI!!! 

p.s. Thank all I's for ALL input..... much appreciated on InI journey
-KP
I Shack

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »

You are right I don't know if it's true, just as the king solomon thing. So people should not bring these things up it creates confusion.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 10:26:05 PM »

Confusion already is son - this is a reasoning board - where people are free to reason their thoughts - the reason about THC relating to melanin is an idea mon - some reasons go somewhere and some dont - but freedom is the right

Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 10:30:43 PM »

and re-reading your piece Jahjahknows 'herb being only for blacks' is your statement

Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »

one of my theories is that the chemical make-up of herb is related to melanin - and is better handled by blacks - and more damaging to whites - maybe part of Jah master plan to slow down white aggression and drive

Kebo,

I'm really interested in this.  Can you expand on what you are saying here.  Where have these ideas come from?

Is this negative or positive? 

Respect...

..King..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Horus

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 06:16:23 AM »

Rasta or Rascal?
There are two groups of Rastafarians, one group is known for the marijuana also called ganja or reefer that they smoke. The other group is considered the real Rastafarians, they live in the mountains and practice a pure way of life. They refer to those who sell drugs and smoke marijuana and hashish as rascals.
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »

in response to what was said earlier, an older rasta man informed me that: because of the high content of melanin in black people, it connects us to the sun and also raises our energy levels, because sun is a source of energy for all humans and beings in nature.  Another aspect of the melanin in our body, is that it is said to raise our spritual consciousness...now some smoke the hola herb to reach a level of higher meditation and/or spiritual consciousness... so I can see where some may conclude, that the smoking of the herb is handled different for those with higher amount of melanin.  I personally believe that a person is capable of reaching the highest spiritual plane regardless of color, but by emancipating the mind, body, and spirit....
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 08:00:15 PM »

Greetings and Respect in the name of MOST HIGH, JAH RASTAFARI!  Everliving!!

Much respect for any guidance!!! Throughout my trod in RastafarI, I have come across many different aspects, opinions on the hola herb.  I continue to take part in the fight for the "Union of the Nation" (Ganja) and am constantly questioned about the use for meditation and wisdom...  I have heard that the wisdom herb was found on the grave of King Solomon. Is this true???  I wish I had a reference as to where I had heard this, however I figure this is the perfect place to post and share guidance.  Much thanks to all post.  Peace and BLESSINGS
The "wisdom weed" on the grave of Solomon story is a "legend" for lack of a better word, or belief.  There aren't any direct bible references that can affirm it mainly because Solomon's grave is said to be a mystery, and the mention of Solomon's death in 1Kings doesn't go in depth as to what all was there at the gravesite.  However Rastas aren't the only ones who believe this to be true, many believe that marijuana is a hola herb, and that it was translated in the King James Bible incorrectly to calamus...
I Shack

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 07:01:31 PM »

Rasta or Rascal?
There are two groups of Rastafarians, one group is known for the marijuana also called ganja or reefer that they smoke. The other group is considered the real Rastafarians, they live in the mountains and practice a pure way of life. They refer to those who sell drugs and smoke marijuana and hashish as rascals.

So your saying nobody who smokes herb can be considered a true Rasta? Last time I checked many of those Rastas that live in the mountains smoke ganja... however it is a lot more spiritual for them. Of course there are many who do not do it or those who only do it at spiritual gatherings etc. You can't say someone is or is not a rasta due to whether they use or don't use herb...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: