Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Attacked by Rasta
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Attacked by Rasta  (Read 41989 times)
Shiva 108

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »

"Universe-Cosmos-Nature-Self...all the same" agreed, definatley true.
Shiva 108

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 12:22:17 PM »

insert*causes*and the effects
Shiva 108

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 04:34:03 PM »

I would react if I had any buttons.
discipleofthenile

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 06:41:46 PM »

*******In my view guilt is a negative state which can only forment into hatred.*******

agreed.

*******I would say that responsibility is requiered in correcting errors, and that responsibility has three components: recognition, dicrimination and intention. Recognition that an error has taken place, discrimination in regard of the effects of the error on all parties and and intention regarding not repeating the error and in making reparations.*******

Presto!
So now you have answered your own inquiries into how and why you were so-called "attacked" by a Rasta.
Shiva 108

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 02:13:32 AM »

Great, thanks for your assistance.
Horus

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 05:48:49 AM »

Another thing that occured to me in London was that all the menial jobs such as looking after toilets, cleaning etc were all being done by either black, oriental or eastern europeans, how on earth is this still happening and how can I personally take responsiblility and have an influence in changing these issues.

Also in run down white areas all over the country, locally and as I saw in London there massive amounts of regeneration going on, but when I went to Harlesdeon in Lodon which is primarily populated by black peiople and asian people there was no sign of any significant regeneration. I havn'e seen that before, its terrible.
how on earth is this still happening and how you can personally take responsiblility and have an influence in changing these issues ??
You see Shiva 108!!! ,this still happening because the caucasian still have many  opinion about blacks peoples,and those opinions overshadow the mind of the caucasian and do not allow him to perceive blacks people as they are.
Supose that a black man is enlightened spiritualy.By enlightened i mean that he reached full spiritual developement.Now,the caucasian will not perceive him as an enlightened man,but as a Black man first.Now it is your responsibility to remove those opinions among caucasians around you,because here opinon is the problem.

Shiva 108

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »

how on earth is this still happening and how you can personally take responsiblility and have an influence in changing these issues ??
You see Shiva 108!!! ,this still happening because the caucasian still have many  opinion about blacks peoples,and those opinions overshadow the mind of the caucasian and do not allow him to perceive blacks people as they are.
Supose that a black man is enlightened spiritualy.By enlightened i mean that he reached full spiritual developement.Now,the caucasian will not perceive him as an enlightened man,but as a Black man first.Now it is your responsibility to remove those opinions among caucasians around you,because here opinon is the problem.
[/quote]

yeah, I agree limited identification as a result of egotism and the projection of ego onto other people, specifically in relation to race and also generally, needs to be tackled by firstly dissolving ones own ego to the point of being able to see ones Self as it really is, and thus being able to see beyond limited perception and see others as they really are. In other words breaking down the subject/object division and realising the Oneness that is underlying the material universe. And then following this acting to encourage the same process in others.
Shiva 108

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »

*Supose that a black man is enlightened spiritualy.By enlightened i mean that he reached full spiritual developement.Now,the caucasian will not perceive him as an enlightened man,but as a Black man first*

Not sure about this bit mate, I've spent a fair amount of time around what would be considered as fully realised enlightened people, the enlightenment is pretty obvious as soon as they walk in the room, and even from several miles away when they're out of sight. Its like their presence just rolls over you like a waveand your mind goes completely still.
Shiva 108

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

But yeah, I suppose it depends on how well reposed into the Self the observer is, I reckon if someone ego is still predominating thier conciousness they maynot see it.
Brendan

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 12:40:53 PM »

**********I have a couple of questions to the black members of our One World Family.  I was at Euston station in London today and a black guy with locks came up to me ( I am white and have matted hair, but would not refer to them as dreadlocks because I believe that this is specific to the Rastafarian religion). **********

I could comment on some of the things that you said, but that is another issue/discussion.

What you have is a person who realizes that you with your white face represent the personification of EVERYTHING that is wrong with this "one world family".  It is very hypocritical to suggest that ones should be "colorblind" when ones are faced with NON colorblindness EVERYDAY...EVERY MOMENT...in EVERY aspect of society.

Victims of oppression cannot be expected to discern Hindu characteristics from Norwegian.  Slavemasters and colonists did not carry identification that signified their beliefs/culture...all that victims of oppression know is that the oppressors are WHITE...and that they are oppressed because they are BLACK.

No one checked hair style or texture...those who were black were shot and/or shackled by white folk.

So your little tiff is small fries and really falls upon my unsympathetic eyes when I read of a little discomfort that you experienced because of your whiteness compared to the current atrocities that continue the legacy of white/male supremacy on a global scale.

So as far as "educating" or reprimanding this person, I would sight that actually this person is in their right mind to behave in a suspicious and rejective manner towards ones who look like you...seeing that he no doubt has experienced far WORSE for much less.

I suggest that you overstand that this sort of reaction towards you shows and proves that white/male supremacy and the atrocities that go along with it are still in full effect.  And you should do everything in your power to remove the obstacles placed by whites in Rastas' or anyone's way.

Once that is accomplished, then we could deal with educating and fine tuning.

His reactions prove that YOU have a lot of work to do to correct any misconceptions...not him.

I thought the point of rastafari was that everyone is equal no matter the colour of their skin or their hair, sorry if I was mistaken(sarcasm).  All I am saying is you are concentrating too much on the past I agree with you that what the white people have done to the black people in the past was cruel and wrong but you seem to only see white people as their cruel ancestors and not as the people they are today.  I do realise that nopt all white people believe that everyone is equal even today.  And those people who donnot believe in equallity are wrong but aren't they just as wrong as the people who believe that it is impossible for a race to change its ways.  I am white and I see no superiorism or inferiorism in anyone no matter their race or beliefs and obviously the person who started the forum feels the same way I do.  If my ancestors have done anything wrong to anyone of another race whether they are white black brown yellow red blue or orange then I am ashamed of my ancestors and it does not mean that I am the same.
Boogieman

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »

Don't be fooled Brendan, because white supremacy exists and it's a system created by Babylon. So now as InI overstand you are white, you must acknowledge the 'white privilege', meaning that within the system you are more privileged in (education , jobs etc.) Though InI don't know you and I can't say whether you are the same as your ancestors or not. But the point is that slavery was never abolished (at least not mental) and White Supremacist system exist and you can't say it's HISTORY.
Most High.
Hotep.
By the way , this comes from a 'white' person.

Babylon will fall
Brendan

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 07:13:08 PM »

I agree with you entirely and what I have said was not quite worded correctly. Althogh where I am from Everyone is quite close in priveledges(so exuse me if I seem a little ignorant it becomes quite easy to forget, as hard as I try to remember so that I do not become lost) becasue where I am it seems like you are priveledged by how hard you try and not who you are.  And also, although I am white I am not quite sure whether or not my ancestors had any slaves(If they did then I feel badly about my ancestors) You see my mother is Irish(who were also discriminated against although they are white they were discarded and starved by the british) and my Father was Ukrainian(and I don't remmebr hearing anything about the Ukraine being part of the slave trade and they as well were discriminated against).
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: