Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  H.I.M Earthday/ Birthday????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: H.I.M Earthday/ Birthday????  (Read 10047 times)
Azania 7

« on: July 24, 2007, 11:11:23 AM »

Greetings all

Since yesterday (23 July) was/is(?) the Earthday/ Birthday of H.I.M i was just wondering if anyone could post information about the celebrations that took place and maybe how the different houses of Rastafari (e.g Bhingi or Bobo etc) celebrate the day or is it an extended celebration?
also wondering, is the celebratin for the 115th Earthday of Haile Selassie or is it a celebration of the day that he was born as man or is He celebrated at the age that he was in 1975??

Thanks to all who are able to help

Bless

"...we are not anti-anybody.We are pro-Africa..." Robert Sobukwe
Empress_Tracy

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:42:23 PM »

Blessed Love, In philly the EABIC had a motorcade, I believe from Friday on they have psalm reading and service until his earthstrong. nyabhinghi 7 nights on bobo hill with all types of events. For ex. on Monday they had a childrens celebration on camp. but I can't give more specifics because i never been to a celebration for HIM earthstrong, I just was told about it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: