Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Melkitsidek order of Rasteferi.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Melkitsidek order of Rasteferi.  (Read 12351 times)
Zarah_selassie

« on: July 25, 2007, 02:11:36 AM »

Greetings and divine light upon all who call on KEHASE (Kedemawi Haile Selassie) name. I am a priest of the Melkitsidek (i.e.Melchizedeck in ge'ez) order of Rasteferi. We are wearers of the black turban only for our hair is of black colour only and we uphold black robes. All this black because it is a colour of authority, divinity and wisdom. Black is the first light and hence we shine in its glorious beauty. In essence we trod in an orthordox manner just as our father did say we should. We uphold baptism of water for there is no other form, and just as our father Himself did get baptised.

Our temple administration is done in Ge'ez, the pure language of Ethiopia and we uphold the meskal(cross) of the ancients of Ethiopia and NOT the crucifix. The cross is symbolic of man himself or the 4 corners of the earth. We use the crosses we carry general blessing of the people both inside and outside the temple. Any questions or interest?

KEHASE love shine....
Zarah Selassie Wold HAile Selassie
Azania 7

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »

Greetings Elder
 I would like to know a little more about this order... if u could enlighten me...
Does this order of Rastafari in any manner follow the Ethiopian Orthodox Church? And is the wearing of black maybe a statement against how the colour white has been represented as pure and holy etc; is this then against white people?? In terms of clothing do you ever wear the green, gold, and red traditional to Rasta (is this mainly particular to the Nyahbinghi order) or do you wear the black all the time?

Where is the Order based or is it widespread and how long has it been in practice as it stands?
I was wondering if possible could you illustrate the differences and commonalities between this order and other orders of Rastafari...

Thanks

"...we are not anti-anybody.We are pro-Africa..." Robert Sobukwe
Zarah_selassie

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 03:01:31 AM »

Greetings and blessings still upon the children of Kedamawi Haile Selassie.
The Order follows the Orthordox manner of worship I must say, and its predominately here in Africa: Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa and Lesotho.

The black we wear is not dislike towards whites for we have more than enough love for them, but it represents authority, divinity, and wisdom. It is a colour of power. The black is also symbolic of the most High for in the bible, it is said that He made darkness His dwelling place and He is surrounded by thick clouds of dark smoke. On top of that, black is defined as the mother-father principle which gave birth to the son who is nothing but light itself and hence we wear that which was, is & forever will be. Black or darkness is even said to be nothing but bright light to the adept or initiate who knows the truth in its fullness. And yes, we do wear other colours but our turbans are always of black colour as much as my lock is not red, blue or pink at different days.

The Order has always existed in Ethiopia and its Headquarters is in Axum by Kediste Meriam Debre Seyon. This order is different from other houses of Rasteferi in manny aspects. Enterence into the order is by virtue of initiation which is conluded by WATER baptism and the marrying of the Father, hence our spritual names that show that we are of the Father. Notice I say Rasteferi NOT Rastafari. Our Father is RASTEFERI in proper ge'ez, it means "one who is worthy to be feared" not Rastafari. And if we were to say our Father is the head creater, He would be RAS-FETERI in proper ge'ez again.

The order is of priesthood, hence our initiates are priestesses and priests at the end, and women can administer to all in church, but they stand in front of the alter not behind it like us priests. Our service administration is done in the pure language of ge'ez and we use ancient symbolism e.g. crosses such as the Tau cross, the ankh etc... Unlike other houses, we search for truth in every sphere. We read the bible, koran, baghavat gita etc...simply because in reality truth is scattered evrywhere.

I pray I have not said my words but those of Kedamawi Haile Selassie

It would be an honour to enlighten more brethrens and sistrens about this ancient and mystical order of RASTEFERI......KEHASE BLESS

Zarah Selassie Wold Haile Selassie
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: