Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Can a lesbian rastawoman...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can a lesbian rastawoman...  (Read 28819 times)
jah-mani

« on: August 08, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »

....be accepted by her brothers and sisters?
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 04:42:39 PM »

dem things deh an abomination
jah-mani

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 09:47:18 PM »

how can love be an abomination?
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:07:10 AM »

didn't Jah  tell you man should not lay with man and woman should not lay with woman, tis divine order.  NO gay man can stand up and say he is a Rasta, and No gay woman can stand up and say she is a Rasta "Wombman" dehman, we were created to go forth and reproduce(among other things), last time I checked a woman can't get another woman pregnant... Sodom and Gomorrah, dem type of things deh is babylon lifesstyle.

And in terms of love: Love money, and see your demise, Satan love evil, and you gone see his future, Pedophilliacs love children, but I bet yuh would n't want they Love around your kids. DONT MISTAKE LOVE FOR LUST...GOT TO KNOW HOW TO SAY NO TO THE FLESH
jah-mani

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »

didn't Jah  tell you man should not lay with man and woman should not lay with woman, tis divine order.  NO gay man can stand up and say he is a Rasta, and No gay woman can stand up and say she is a Rasta "Wombman" dehman, we were created to go forth and reproduce(among other things), last time I checked a woman can't get another woman pregnant... Sodom and Gomorrah, dem type of things deh is babylon lifesstyle.

And in terms of love: Love money, and see your demise, Satan love evil, and you gone see his future, Pedophilliacs love children, but I bet yuh would n't want they Love around your kids. DONT MISTAKE LOVE FOR LUST...GOT TO KNOW HOW TO SAY NO TO THE FLESH

Everyone has their own interpretation of the sciptures, along with their own belief systems; but my original question was can you accept? How can one accept?
jah-mani

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 05:52:35 PM »

And everytime one has sex their sole purpose isn't to procreate.
makedafare

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 06:51:50 PM »

ac·cept      /ækˈsɛpt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ak-sept] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object) 1. to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor: to accept a present; to accept a proposal. 
2. to agree or consent to; accede to: to accept a treaty; to accept an apology. 
3. to respond or answer affirmatively to: to accept an invitation. 
4. to undertake the responsibility, duties, honors, etc., of: to accept the office of president. 
5. to receive or admit formally, as to a college or club. 
6. to accommodate or reconcile oneself to: to accept the situation. 
7. to regard as true or sound; believe: to accept a claim; to accept Catholicism. 
8. to regard as normal, suitable, or usual. 
9. to receive as to meaning; understand. 
makedafare

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 06:54:36 PM »

Because of the definition of the word accept he sistren and myself share they same view.  No you cannot be accepted.  can you call yourself a lesbian and a rasta sure but one of those will be an untruth.  The answer to which one is a truth or a lie cannot be found here.  It can only be found in your heart. 
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »

LOOK GAY LESBIAN RASTA, is an oxymoron, and no you aint gone be accepted, at least from me, maybe another rasta can come on and shed their opinion, but here is mine...Where I am from St.Croix, when you put on that crown of locs, you taken up responsibility, you recognizing the fire of Jah that burns in each and everyone of us, and you recognizing the divine order that has been in place for all...

Now in terms of scripture,  Genesis tells you straight up, Adam and Eve were instructed to go forth and be fruitful and multiply among other things.. you can only multiply through sex, so the 1st purpose of sex was for procreation...now one may use sex for recreation, but must be aware that recreational sex can also escalate to lust (one of the seven deadly sins) and fornication....(and I never tell you that everytime that one has sex, their sole purpose is to procreate, I said, "we were created to go forth and reproduce(among other things)", if yuh gone comment on my statement reference accordingly.

Yes it is true everyone has their own belief systems and what have you, but in Rasta I aint NEVAAAA hear that you can be a lesbian/gay rasta...maybe I never received that memo....If you know an elder in the rastafarian faith ask them, if my views dont please yuh...but I AND I STAND FIRM Angry
preach

Roots

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 05:35:04 PM »

You christians always denounce and judge. Rastafari is not judgemental nor does it preach hate. It is a movement and a lifestyle. Not a bogus immoral religion that teaches people to hide their true nature. Jah-mani I accept you as me sistren. jah rastafari

love
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 07:52:05 AM »

since when being gay is humanity's true nature?and its not about judging or hate, i don't approve/like it, straight up
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »

furthermore, yeah Rasta is a way of life not a religion, Rasta teaches us to recognize not only the creator that made the heavens, but the creator that lives in each one of us. 
Many people dont realize there has to be a completed blending of mind, body, and spirit, because they all coincide.  To reach that blending some of the Is tell yuh to read the Ible and chant a psalm, JAH knows the power in his words, thats why its there for us, not as a paperweight, but an essential in life...Leviticus and other books tell us how to keep your body clean through a hola diet...
Yes somethings in the Ible may not be taken literally, and if yuh got enough sense you'll know it...

And yeah you might try to be all "one love" and all that stuff, and condone the homosexual lifestyle, but at the end of the day, you can't tell me that the creator tell you its not right, and yeah you may not want to judge somebody, but if it aint right, and they don't know that it aint right, what do you do, do you tell them hey that wasn't what you were created for, and enlighten that person, and leave them to decide what they want to do, or do you just leave them in the dark, and say hey its alright with me, when in the end, its not up to you?

I supposed to love each person as I love myself, but that dont mean, that I aint gone like some of your ways... and it aint hate
Ras Asia

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 11:30:55 AM »

First I n I waan give thanks to the Most Highfi all living tings... Big ups to all brothas and sistas -First and for most I ah Rasta ooman first an wid out apology I hail up The Most High. Far too often wi become qouating fools of pasted down oppressive doctrines without ever full doing further study ourselves.   GOD is and has always been androgonist.   I also love ooman With out apology this is how JAH Made me. Inna image of the most high. In tune wid both parts of I sexuality. its society that tells us it not excepted to act on one or the other. As far a judgment goes ..... only JAH alone have ah power for judge I n I Proper Education Always Causes Elevation
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 01:12:44 PM »

at the end of the day, you can't tell me that the creator tell you that's right, and as I was once told, PROVE IT!

wezekana

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 07:58:16 AM »

... find acceptance in herself?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: