Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  adoption is a curse
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: adoption is a curse  (Read 14663 times)
deapnat9

« on: September 15, 2007, 06:11:29 AM »

i would like to know if anyone out there could tell me what would be the spritual perpose for being adopted and if you are ever meant to be reunited and have healthy relationship with your blood family or are you supossed to leave alone and move on . (adpoted by white racist family).............
will

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 11:48:31 PM »

i cannot give you a spiritual answer for the quandry in which you find yourself; but after finding myself to be an adjunct of the Euro-American  system, i feel qualified to speak to this issue as well...

i've LQQKED for and have found no way that i can fit comfortably into this situation that i am in either..  You see, i have born of parents, whose ELDERS were bred on American soil, after being descended from true AFRICAN PROPLE, that were captured, passed into SLAVERY, stripped of all DIGNITY & CULTURE, and then used & abused for some 500 years as unpaid laborers, before finally being released into the wild woods to fend for themselves, without receiving so much as a blanket, or a bit of bread, to survive on....

How we made it from that point, on to our present place, is a testament to both, our SUPERIORITY as a people, & to our ABILITY of over-come odds, that other RACES would succumb to... It has to be that untame-able AFRICAN-NESS, that lies deep inside our very being....

Your situation is basically t he same as mine, in that we were both raised under WHITE influences, they watched & attempted to guide our every MOVE... They tried hard to destroy our AFRICAN-NESS & to replace it with the EURO MIND-SET...

LQQKS as if they FAILED in both our cases...

HOME is where the HEART is... i say pack-up & go there to find your P E A C E...

Will...

"Individuality" is a very good thing... but... "Team-Work" is way more "Better"...
deapnat9

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »

thanks will found comfort in your reply thanks
  Beam
wezekana

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 01:29:30 AM »

I prefer Will’s writing. Spiritual interpretations require a deep resolve and detachment by the recipient which is not always possible. They tend to be blunt and not often emotionally disinclined towards a person’s delicate situation.

You are exactly where you need to be…spiritually. 

Your yearnings are sound and normal. So, are your afflictions/situations. This was planned… by you of all people. (I know you're not gonna like me saying that.) The surmounting of difficult situations early on in life generally seems to have a tempering effect on a physic personality… usually in positive ways, although in some instances it may take years to manifest. Be wary as neither is always the case, but more of a will issue. Keep yours strong.

Reunification and relations are two possibilities although neither should hinder or catalyze you on your path. You individually and collectively (your living body (blood) and your blood family) have jobs to do. It is, however, a strong possibility.

Pick a mantra, one a day. Sit comfortably somewhere, say to yourself physically and mentally “I give myself permission to relax”, breathe loosely and easily, choose a mantra and repeat it slowly to yourself in your mind. Not out loud. Attempt to forget the word, their sounds and pronunciation. Instead feel the statement. Feel what the word means. This may be difficult at first or it may come easily. This is subject to our own individual tendencies. I know that you will excel if you try. With practice it will become easier and the meditations increasingly deepen. There are no depths or heights you cannot reach there. Pick one a day. Spend 5 to 10 minutes on it. Allow your mind to go where it goes.

Mantras

I am.
I feel.
I see.
I speak.
I do.
I love.
I understand.

Also meditate on these ideals and their representative colors weekly.

Sunday
Love, Grace, Mercy, Generosity
White/Silver

Monday
Power, Judgement, Strength
Red/Gold

Tuesday
Compassion, Blessed Holy One. King, Sun, Harmony (The Heart)
Yellow/Purple

Wednesday
Feelings, Victory, Prophecy, Eternity
Light Pink

Thursday
Splendor, Prophecy, Thoughts, Glory
Dark Pink

Friday
Righteous One, Covenant
Orange or Black

Saturday
Presence, Kingdom, Moon, Queen, Apple Orchard, Rainbow (Earth)
Blue

What in the world could all this be for? Not really sure. Something about building a stronger bond between you and your-true/inner-self. I’m not very well versed in transcendental meditation or it’s methodology, but I think it wants to speak to you.

I want you to hang on. This fight will not be your last or even your hardest, I won’t kid you on that, but in the future nothing, no matter what the magnitude, will ever shake you again. Eyes that view the hard won path lay it bare. Unshakable.

Love and Respect
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: