Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  WHITENESS IS A STATE OF MIND
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WHITENESS IS A STATE OF MIND  (Read 11903 times)
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« on: June 22, 2003, 02:54:37 PM »

PEACE.

i have been reading a text called "the tibeten book of the great liberation" it is introduced with commentary on the actual work and therein it touches on the foundation concept i think many are trying to get to in regards to this "white/black" conception. in this introduction there is a comparison between "western" and "eastern" psychological mind sets.

in regards to the european mindset it reads:

"We(Europeans) naturally try to get as far away from our weaknesses as possible, a fact which may explain the sort of extraversion that is always seeking security by dominating its surroundings. Extraversion goes hand in hand with mistrust of the inner man, if indeed there is any consciousness of him at all. Moreover, we tend to undervalue the things we are afraid of."  This is a quote by none other than Carl Jung, the famed German psychologist who wrote the introduction to this English translation of this Tibeten text.

Is the European history of conquering and dominating and enslaving a function of the European man's psychology?  This should not be misinterpreted to mean that European man is uncapable of transcending his cultural conditioning however.  When raised from the innocence of infancy into a system DOMINATED by this mass-conscious psychological mindset, the result is another propogater of this un-balanced way of being.

YET if European man(and perhaps others who are raised in a society whose dominant paradigm is one of this aversion to the inner man) is to overstand this FACT of his environment, then this is one of the steps in the quest to KNOWING THYSELF and breaking free from this leash of cultural conditioning which can not be sustained.

This is one way RASTA has revealed to me as a white person.
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 08:51:59 AM »

Iyah...

I missed this somehow but it has been read now.

Give thanks for your insights and sharing how you are developing yourself.

I feel introspection is key as that is when we really know ourselves and the God in us all.  Weakness must be explored in order to rebuild ourselves into something stronger than what we are leaving behind.

This is a wonderful day.....we are not alone in this quest and I'm happy to see there are others trying as hard as I try.

Yes Iyah....life is good my friend and its because of people like you.

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: