Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Questions about Rasta. Please help.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Questions about Rasta. Please help.  (Read 32980 times)
Sidsellinea

« on: March 03, 2013, 05:21:38 PM »

I have some questions, about the Rasta culture. I really hope that some of you, can help me.

Can you be in the rasta culture, and still take distance to homofobia and the hate against homoseksuals?
It seems to be a big part of being a Rastafarian, but i think it's very wrong to discriminate and hating people, because of their sexuality.

Can you be in the Rasta Culture and Rasta environment, without having it as your religion?

Can you be white, and in the Rasta culture/enviroment.

I hope it made sense
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:37:38 AM »

Rastafari is diverse culture. However I would recommend two thing to your regarding your interest in Rastafari
1. If indeed this is what fuels your interest I would suggest you examine what attracts you to Rastafari culture

2. In addition I would suggest you acquaint yourself with the history of the Rastafari Livity/culture/ movement to put in better context your questions and also your interest. There are by now a wide range of resources both in book form and on the internet in a range of forms from which you can acquaint yourself. That kind of grounding would be a good basis to start from in reasoning some of what you are raising here.
RedAshes

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:53:27 PM »

Okay, well, I would like to say some things.  Rasta is not a "culture"... "environment"... it is to be with Jahova, which is god of the universe.  It is not a style that you put on, like Nike clothes.  It is not a location to be, Rasta is all over the Earth anywhere.  Rasta is not with homosexuals or with perverts that abuse children.  Rasta is a spiritual commitment to the teachings of Jahovah.  Rasta is not about having hair, or even to be free from disease.  Rasta is something even Lazarus could have, and did, for even though him died from diseases, "Jesus" still healed him from death with the faith of Jahovah.  You must also realize that Rastafari is not only just about smoking ganja either, for even Bob Marley said that smoking it is not necessary for someone to be a Rastafarian.  I hope this helps, Jahovah Bless you.
Mansa

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »

Greetings Majesty

Be yourself, if you don't have any particular aversion to homosexual, you shouldn't fake it for the sake of fitting in. I for example could not care less about them, only thing that interests me about them is how they used the Declaration of Human Rights, a document from and sealed by H.I.M Emperor Haile Selassie I the only man of word among the members of the league of nations so the only one that could legitimize the new United Nations, to further their cause while a lot of we wait for some spooky sky-god intervention for equal rights to come down upon us magically, instead of using the charter. We have a lot of rights under it that we don't use and that we should to strengthen ourselves.

Btw, I am a Ras who rejects christian talk for the bible's misleading aspect has been used to enslave our people's mind. For I, Rasta is to be lived, not imagined. So Rasta is not dogmatic, the Ras is supposed to attain truth by reasoning, meditating, looking into things to get a better grasp of reality. The only thing is that to wear the former name of The Emperor, you have to recognize his uniqueness and high importance, however you see it, because no man following Buddha calls himself christ-ian.

For the pale skin part, the movement is primarily Afrikan, but it is not exclusive. If you live it and you don't betray it and its objectives, there is no reason to exclude you on the basis of skin. However, for you have advantages that we don't in this society, see how you can use them to help fulfill the mission.

Blessed love and Powers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: