Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Gender & Rastafari: A Personal Perspective
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Gender & Rastafari: A Personal Perspective  (Read 52286 times)
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2003, 10:46:11 PM »

Are the indigenous people of the earth going to be able to re-capture their leadership position on the planet? If Africa was the first, which body of people is going to be the last. Did all the wisdom and knowledge and academia drummed up by Africans get deviated from as it was passed along and taught and handed down to other civilizations. Is the ideology of the current world leaders irrational or does it have credibility in regards to human nature and population control. If not can the wisdom of the elders of the earth penetrate to the positions of world power and influence?

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Tracey

Rootsie.com

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2003, 08:02:23 AM »

Are the indigenous people of the earth going to be able to re-capture their leadership position on the planet? If Africa was the first, which body of people is going to be the last. Did all the wisdom and knowledge and academia drummed up by Africans get deviated from as it was passed along and taught and handed down to other civilizations. Is the ideology of the current world leaders irrational or does it have credibility in regards to human nature and population control. If not can the wisdom of the elders of the earth penetrate to the positions of world power and influence?  

I believe indigenous wisdom that came from the womb of Africa and from the very origins of our human beginings can indeed have the power to penetrate positions and possess the power to lead, guide, and instruct those with an ear to hear even today in the realms of self/collective academia, knowledge, and wisdom. The voice of the ancients still contain applicable truths spawned from the very begining..and will continue to till the end of time. But only to those who are listening will they hear.. Those in present power are def. listening to a different voice...greed.

In terms of global leadership something that came to mind was the power of the gun, and how that, in the hands of a few ingnorant ones allowed for global domination. After all...if we look at the worlds' populations we will see that it is mostly comprised of non-whites! How then...can the minority gain leadership? Clearly, it is the military might that decides who gets to dominate world order and power...but I must say...that only holds true for those existing on the material plain where bullies w/ weaponry run the playard..at least for now..

In taking responsibility for our own selves..we determine who is the leader and who is in power over our domain..where we gather our source of wisdom and knowledge from. Here is where the ancients abide and bring sustanence to a way of life still pulsating the ancient beat within our human heart/souls..It is a way that still offers guidance to the few with ears to hear. It is a place where we choose to exist...and where the gun..nor 'said powers' that be.. have any say over our eternal bodies.

I suppose the question is...will...in the end...ancient/indigenous wisdom be the ruling power? That human kind as we know it, will come back to their senses and recognize the worth and value of long lost spiritual values and principles? Personally, I sincerely doubt it..both on a collective and global level. I feel the gun along w/ ignorance rules no matter who is holding it, and will ultimately be the demise of this world..that is, if we don't first perish from toxic waste and the ever growing greenhouse effects emitted from our own pollution. Racially however, I think things will def. change...as the white man's corner will continue to shrink and racially mixed and non-white populations will continue to grow. Perhaps a new mindset will eventually come into power and change things for the better....time will tell.

Thanks be...there is more to this life than the material world!
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 04:44:31 AM »

Kebo

There is no point talking when the ears that matter don't hear. Here on earth there never was a time of HIGH civilization that might have developed from savagery! The ancient and wise Africans, more than 20,000 years ago, taught other people PURE RELIGION, all the arts and science of civilization. And what did these rough and uncouth pupils duplicate? All historians speak of their relentless persecution of their masters, of their unthankful extravagances and infamy! Materialism is responsible for the present chaotic state of the world. Where earthly love existed we saw the reflection of the great Divine Love (Ra, Ch'i, Prana, Vodou, Spiritus, Ether, Allah, God etc ). The ancients in Africa were taught to fear God! On the contrary the present civilization ruled by the white race is an enemy to Righteousness. In the long run, they will have to pay for their own wickedness. As above, so below.

Bantu-Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 12:32:44 PM »

BAntu,

What do you consider to be a "PURE RELIGION"?

About purity:

There is nothing pure in this relative world we live in.

No fish can survice in pure water.

If we breath a pure air we can't live.

Life can't evolute on a pure environment.

But maybe I didn't understand your perception of the world pure.

If you can elaborate on your use of the word pure I will apreciate.

Blessings,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 02:53:13 PM »

Are you yet acquainted with the Original Religion taught by Nature the highest and ultimate school for learning? Or would you rather believe in grotesque ideas and theological mirages? A "true Rasta" should be able to evaluate what is Purity. Read History and think!

Bantu-Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras_Legacy

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 10:47:29 AM »

so, what can InI do everyday to combat this oppression from our brethren? Please give me some guidance sistren!  Smiley

InI I hang on in there....InI I no leggo!!!! (So JAH Seh)
FYAHMAN

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2004, 03:40:18 PM »

Roll Eyes Woman and woman having all di rights, implies dat man and man had no rights. Dis innah itself connotes imbalance; hence injustice. Wah we need fi examine is di balance tween man and wombman pon an Ifreecahn foundashoun and groundashoun. Dis exisisted at an Iwah of InI story pon di continent. One and one should doh some more in depth research pon di change of divine female worship due to females exploiting deir sexual and child bearing powers ovah di ignorant and brutish males; which led to decadance and even prostitution, on di female's part fi control di man dem and maintain powah. Ises en RastafarI

N.B.   InI know wah cayn happen when a one have powah widout di propah checks and balances. Disyah go fi both male and female.      
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2004, 04:49:07 PM »

The story I get from my research is a different one. Even when female deities were worshiped, like in Crete and Mesopotamia and Egypt, men were mostly the kings, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I can't really judge that. But the female deities were NOT replaced by a single male one, that storm and thunder and war deity who came to be known to some as YHWH, due to abuses by the women of their sexuality. The Aryan invasians from the North and East used brute force to suppress the worship of goddesses. The 'sacred prostitutes' were priestesses, and they did not trade sex for money, so they were not prostitutes as that word is understood today. Sex itself was viewed as sacred in a way it is hard for many today to understand. I agree that balance is the goal, but just as with the issue of racism, thousands of years of the oppression of women must be addressed before we can achieve that balance. And just as with racism, it's not as if oppression of women is a thing of the past. Unfortunately, the paranoia and suspicion that males have about females is still in evidence today, even in posts on this board.
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2004, 11:01:26 AM »

According to some students of history . . .there is a correlation between the earlier worship of the mother aspect of creation with the earlier races of man. The two(first races of man/mother aspect) are correlated directly in the later evolution of mythologies and religions.

"As the black race was first on earth, so is it in the mirror of mythology. These are the "people of the black heads," who are referred to on the tablets, and classed with reptiles, during a lunar eclipse. These typical black heads were the primeval powers of darkness, to which the old black aborigines in various lands were likened or assimilated by their despisers. In the Babylonian prayers we find the many-named mother-goddess is invoked as "the mother who has begotten the black heads." - from Gerald Massey:: 'The Hebrew and Other Creations'

The creation in Genesis 1 reflects the earlier version of the creation story ("And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"). Genesis 2 reflects the later creation story ("And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.")

Earlier humans are classified here as being soul less. Much the same way, the female aspect of worship which the earlier humans practiced is also classified as inferior.

All the aspects of the mythologies are carried on in today's Christianity. Many of the same characters are present, the difference is the emphasis on certain aspects more than others.

If I and I wish to forward, I and I SHOULD manifest a spiritual view of creation which holds BOTH aspects, male and female, female and male in BALANCE. WE ALL carry within us both aspects, male and female. Emporor Haile reigns in the heart of IandI ALONGSIDE Empress Menen. Emperor Haile I would NOT BE ABLE TO REIGN IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE balance which the REIGN of Empress Menen brings. The folly aspect is the IGNORING of the OTHER SIDE. I and I MUST REALIZE that the side that I and I do not CONSCIOUSLY acknowledge is A SIDE WHICH STILL FUNCTIONS! Part of psychology deals with  what is called REPRESSED aspects of our psyche. All the things which I and I deal with in life which we have chosen to REPRESS are things which CAUSE THE MOST HAVOC in I AND I LIVES! People go to psychologists to uncover that which is HIDDEN, yet STILL FUNCTIONS and RULES US FROM THE UNCONSCIOUS AND SUBCONSCIOUS!

Day is not counted from daylight, but from MIDNIGHT.
Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2004, 02:48:45 PM »

Bless."Emporor Haile reigns in the heart of IandI ALONGSIDE Empress Menen. Emperor Haile I would NOT BE ABLE TO REIGN IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE balance which the REIGN of Empress Menen brings",PERFECTLY SAID

Essene Rasta

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
Ras_Legacy

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2004, 01:23:48 PM »

AMEN!!!

InI I hang on in there....InI I no leggo!!!! (So JAH Seh)
Kristian

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2004, 07:06:23 AM »

Greetings and blessings to all. God is in woman as God is in man, no more, no less. Simple. I believe man and womans roles are seperate, but definitely equal. Mary Magdalene was Jesus' beloved, He appeared to her first after ressurection. She was doubted and riddiculed by the other apostles as they envious of her esteemed position with the Lord. Over time men widdled her role down to a prostitute and hanger-on. We must be careful not to be tricked into keeping womans rightful inheritance from her. We all owe our existence to the father and son; however, it is from womans womb that we all sprung.Respect to all woman, and all men. Praise to His Imperial Majesty. Blessings, morelove.              Kristian
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: