AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: What about Afrika or Afrikans, Mr President???

Lets do some reading between the lines of what the expert adviser (Witney W. SCHNEIDMAN) has to say. Let us drink deep from the fountain of empathy/wisdom called Professor Witney W. SCHNEIDMAN - a man who, from his name, is obviously a good son of the African soil - has to be, or else, we would have to view as presumptive his attempt to anoint yet another 'saviour' of Africa...
++++++++++++
It would take nothing more than talking to Africans and we would see that most Africans are optimistic about Obama.

http://www.jimmatimes.com/article.cfm?articleID=31780
(Ethiopia)

http://allafrica.com/stories/200901280479.html
(Nigeria)

++++++++
"Barack Obama understands Africa, and understands its importance to the United States. Today, in this new century, he understands that to strengthen our common security, we must invest in our common humanity and, in this way, restore American leadership in the world."
+++
"Barack Obama understand the importance of Africa to the United States (good boy!!). Today, in this new century, he understands that to strengthen our (i.e. Amerikkkan) security, we must restore American leadership in the world."
++++++++++++

No matter WHO is President of any Country their primary goal is normally the 'interest' of their country. I am not naive enough to think that America is going to miraculously 'change' its policies toward Africa - even if Obama "was" an avowed defender of Africa you and I both know that there are to many international interest working on behalf of their own self/national interest in Africa to the detriment of Africans.

++++++++++++++++++
Now, that is more like it yes? And, if I were a proud (and grateful) native of planet USA! USA!, I would just love it. I would say, nothing wrong with securing access to vital raw materials old boy...nothing wrong with keeping those damned Chinese out of our feeding grounds and most definitely, nothing wrong with establishing our lucrative 'leadership' position in the world.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Ultimately Eja - it is Africans who ultimately control their vital resources. There has to come a time when either we elect African leaders who have Africans best interest or develop a comprehensive plan/solution/strategy to combat the obvious challenges that you referenced in Africa. I would be very interested to hear yours.

Regards,

Messages In This Thread

What about Afrika or Afrikans, Mr President??? *LINK*
Re: What about Afrika or Afrikans, Mr President??? *NM* *LINK*
Re: What about Afrika or Afrikans, Mr President??? *NM* *LINK*
word/power for the heads up *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com