News Highlights Archive
- Kendrick Lamar, Black Language and What White Fans Don't Get About the 'N-Word'
By Stereo Williams
- The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race
Archaeology is demolishing another sacred belief: that human history over the past million years has been a long tale of progress.
By Jared Diamond
- The History of Dreadlocks
[Detangling Our Roots] Stop the co-opt. In this EBONY.com series exploring Black hair origins, we trace locs from the Ancient Egypt all the way to Jamrock.
By Princess Gabbara
- How the Green Book Helped African-American Tourists Navigate a Segregated Nation
Listing hotels, restaurants and other businesses open to African-Americans, the guide was invaluable for Jim-Crow era travelers
By Jacinda Townsend
- 7 Reasons Why 'Colorblindness' Contributes to Racism Instead of Solves It
By Jon Greenberg
- Being African in India: 'We are seen as demons'
By Aletta Andre
- Black feminism and intersectionality
By Sharon Smith
- Cornel West on Obama: "The First Black President Has Become The First Niggerized Black President"
June 22, 2015 - realclearpolitics.com
- Eduardo Galeano on Haiti
April 13, 2015 - By Kim Ives
- Light Girls, When Documentaries Get It Wrong
January 21, 2015 - By Jessica Ann Mitchell
- Haiti Dreadlocks Protest Eurocentric Profiling
December 04, 2014 - By Ezili Dantò
- Managing a Nightmare: How the CIA Watched Over the Destruction of Gary Webb
September 25, 2014 - The Intercept
- Lord's Prayer to Hugo Chávez angers Catholic church in Venezuela
Socialist party congress directs prayer to 'Our Chávez who art in heaven', drawing church retort that text is 'untouchable'
September 04, 2014 - Reuters in Caracas
- Prof. Sir Hilary Beckles Speech To British House Of Commons
CARICOM Reparations Commission calls for Reparatory Justice for the crime of slavery in presentation to UK House of Commons
July 24, 2014 - By Prof. Sir Hilary Beckles
- The Case for Reparations
May 21, 2014 - By Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Facing the Truth: The Case for Reparations (video)
May 21, 2014 - By Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Polygamy in Africa has little to do with sex
September 26, 2013 - By MsAfropolitan
- Cosmetic Surgery To Look Whiter Fails To Boost Women's Self-Esteem
July 08, 2013
- Ohio School Apologizes After Attempting To Ban 'Afro-Puffs' And 'Twisted Braids'
June 25, 2013 - By Rebecca Klein
- The Dark Truth About Why South Africa Destroyed Its Nuclear Weapons in 1990
June 17, 2013 - By Mawuna Remarque KOUTONIN
- BET Founder: 'This Country Would Never Tolerate White Unemployment at 14 or 15 Percent'
March 29, 2013 - By Melanie Hunter
- 'Mugabe: Hero or Villain': an interview with filmmaker Roy Agyemang
March 03, 2013 - By Sanchez Manning
- 'No shot, no ticket': Ethiopians decry Israeli birth control policies
February 29, 2013
- Britain's colonial shame: Slave-owners given huge payouts after abolition
February 24, 2013 - By Sanchez Manning
- The Haitian-Dominican Migration Crisis
- History of Hutu – Tutsi Relations
Modern History Project 2012
- Zimbabwe Empowerment Lessons for South Africa
November 30, 2012 - By Rumbidzayi Zinyuke
- No compensation for slaves
August 29, 2012 - By George Alleyne
- Coolie Women Are in Demand Here
By Gaiutra Bahadur
- The Invention of the White Race Vol. 1
Racial Oppression and Social Control
By Theodore W. Allen
- The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict
2001 - By Jews for Justice in the Middle East
- Who Was Jim Crow?
September 2000 - By Dr. David Pilgrim