Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:22:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 441 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  WORLD HOT SPOTS
| |-+  Around the World (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Bush misspeaks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bush misspeaks  (Read 13950 times)
kristine

RastaSpeaks .com

« on: August 05, 2004, 06:30:43 PM »

Bush misspeaks, says his administration seeking 'new ways to harm our country'

(08-05) 10:48 PDT WASHINGTON (AP) --

President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people."

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

No one in Bush's audience of military brass or Pentagon chiefs reacted.

The president was working his way toward a larger point. "We must never stop thinking about how best to defend our country. We must always be forward-thinking," he said.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Bush's misstatement "just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak."

"But the American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction, and the terrorists know by his actions he means it," McClellan said.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/a/2004/08/05/national1335EDT0615.DTL

preach

Roots

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 08:18:46 PM »

I saw a calendar in a shopping mall in Motgomery, Alabama that had a list of misspeaks by bush. I neglected to buy it but I was amazed, I mean I wasn't amazed at how much crap comes out of his mouth.

love
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 08:56:27 AM »

kristine,

Lol, I'm always entertained by this fool. I don't believe in the capitalist political system and it's illusion of democracy, but even as a non-believer, I'm going to vote. Not because I think Kerry will be any better than Bush. Capitalism and imperialism will still be the order of the day whoever wins. It is purely a vote for who is more intelligent. If I'm going to be lied to, and the world is going to be lied to, it would prevent adding insult to injury by having someone intelligent enough to do it skillfully. This man is an idiot!

Forward to a united Africa!
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 09:32:57 AM »

A strategically placed idiot. An alibi if these peoples bold plans backfire - they can always blame the idiot.

Oshun_Auset

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 10:01:28 AM »

A strategically placed idiot. An alibi if these peoples bold plans backfire - they can always blame the idiot.

Exactly, I think Reagan served the same purpose..."I cannot recall"....

Forward to a united Africa!
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 10:39:26 AM »

I am in no way endorsing this viewpoint - as it makes the Dems out to be innocent, but this is interesting.

http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=826&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

"Network media coverage of the Democratic Convention was stranger than fiction, yet understandable after watching the movie The Manchurian Candidate.
By Regis T. Sabol

When I first heard about the remake of John Frankenheimer’s classic The Manchurian Candidate, released in 1962, I remembered an observation a Hollywood director once made: “Why do they always remake the good movies?” That’s the way I felt about The Manchurian Candidate.

Well, I saw the Jonathan Demme version this past weekend, and I’m relieved to say that my fears were unfounded. While maintaining the basic plot structure of the original film, Demme wisely chose to reshape it in a contemporary context.

Instead of the Communists and a dunder-headed parody of Joseph McCarthy being the enemy, Demme’s enemy is a dangerous cabal of corporate powerbrokers that include former presidents and other political movers and shakers, retired high-ranking military officers, Arab sheiks, and the CEOs whose goal is world domination through control of the White House. This corporate hydra goes by the name of Manchurian Global."

(article continued at:
http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=826&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 08:55:17 PM »

peace and hotep,

better than expected. it lived up to the original. denzel gives sinatra a run for the money. streep is as convincing as the lady 'from murder she wrote' , angela lansbury

however bush and kerry are the same fraternal brothers. picture that. choosing the lesser of two SKULLS.  darn. Lips Sealed 2

freedomisahapislave
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: