Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25912 Posts in 9968 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 13 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  WORLD HOT SPOTS
| |-+  Around the World (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Barbados:Local Pastor ''Predicted"Tidal Wave
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Barbados:Local Pastor ''Predicted"Tidal Wave  (Read 10222 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: December 30, 2004, 03:43:04 PM »

Blessings and Hotep to one and all

I have a question to ask many of you because it is one I have been asking myself a quiet amount of times and I have come up short on an answer.The question is why is that when a disaster happens people arise out of the blue from the grave of soceity to claim they "predicted" it would have happen?

Here is an excerpt from the local paper in my homeland Barbados about a local pastor claiming he "predicted" the tragic event in asia years ago,

Pastor Dr Jippy Doyle of the Dominion Life Centre said he predicted the tragedy still unfolding in southern Asia in his book, The Midnight Call.

Doyle’s 1998 publication carried predictions that included a tragedy striking Asia and specifically mentions Thailand.

On Page 67, Doyle wrote: “I see a great shaking in the Pacific, in the Asia lands, and the places that are called Thailand and Hong Kong. There shall not only be a shaking economically, but even beneath the lands as well. I hear the voices of men and the weeping child shall be a burden to her mother. This is the cry of the children of Asia. I see the calamity of men.”

Speaking yesterday to the DAILY NATION about his predictions, Doyle said he had received visions through the Spirit of God as he slept.

These, he added, had been documented for the benefit of his fellowman.

Among the other predictions contained in the book and which have seemingly come to pass are the September 11, 2001 tragedy in the United States, of which Doyle wrote: “I see an explosion in the heavens and the particles shall be over the land and sea. The power of the jet and the great plane shall not sustain the wounded. I smell the roast flesh of men as they fall to the ground and none is found living.”

Doyle’s publication also makes references to earthquakes in Trinidad and Tobago and Dominica. Both regional territories were recently hit by such occurrences.

He also documented flooding and the loss of life in Jamaica. In September that island was struck by Hurricane Ivan, resulting in flooding and deaths in some northern low-lying areas.

“I want the message to reach the people and for them to be prepared and to understand that God is their only means of salvation,” Doyle said yesterday.

But perhaps his most chilling prediction is that the Caribbean faces a calamity similar to that now being experienced by people on the Asian continent.

Here is the link for the complete story:
http://www.nationnews.com/StoryView.cfm?Record=56502&Section=LO&Current=2004%2D12%2D28%2000%3A00%3A00

I know this other sentence may seem harsh and cold to some or even to many but if this "pastor" could predict such tragic events so far to even stating them into a book why then could he not have predicted that he would be charged for raping a 12 yearold girl.Strange it is to me that he could "predict" such horrid and tragic things that will happen upon others but cannot "predict" what will fall upon him.
That I just dont get no matter how much I ponder on it.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 10:22:49 AM »

I did not read the article so I will comment from what you posted.

Thailand/Asia has regular tragedies and a long history of that, and Trinidad usually has minor earthquakes annually. No special powers are needed to predict those, just an awareness of some history. Plane crashes are easy to predict in a general way. They will happen.  Unless he was more specific about the timing of these incidents, I would say this is way too vague to take seriously.

About not being able to predict his arrest, I would say even if people have these abilities for real it is usually for the benefit of others, and it is quite understandable if they cannot predict their own issues.
kristine

RastaSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 08:24:04 AM »

Ex-king says astrologer saved Cambodia from tsunami

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Former Cambodian king Norodom Sihanouk says an astrologer warned him that an "ultra-catastrophic cataclysm" would strike, but that his country would be spared if proper rituals were conducted.

Full Aricle...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: