Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:17:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 345 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  money
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: money  (Read 20271 times)
preach

Roots

« on: May 07, 2005, 02:18:23 PM »

Is it possible to be rich and righteous?
I understand the whole idea of holy poverty, letting go to achieve enlightment. But how about acquiring wealth to achieve enlightment like an epicurean-devoted to personal happiness. If  it is possible to avoid suffering then why not avoid it. Why can't our sages be millionaires? Not the rap moguls or flashy athletes. Imagine a Malcolm X with a Trump account. Or do ones think the money would corrupt such an individual?

love
stiritup66

Work to uphold the teachings of H.I.M. Selassie I!

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 05:33:11 PM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High,
   I don't think it is possible to achieve enlightenment through only acquiring wealth. If you mean why don't people get more money to buy more comfort-increasing devices, then I would say that someone can only buy so many things to increase their comfort before their material burdens envelope them.
   However, if someone's aquired wealth is spent efficiently and in positive manners, there can be no harm in this. Buying certain products and funding certain causes can be very positive things; but aquired, unspent wealth helps no one. I think it is important that every man is comfortable in this world. There are certainly products that we have on earth that can benifit the life of man while benifiting the earth around us. If they are not benifiting the earth they should at least not have a negative effect on it. If you hold the privlage to be able to avoid suffering you should DEFINETLY value it and know its worth. It would never be the wish of HIM Haile Selassie I that one in the position to survive inflict itself with negative forces. But it would also never be the wish of HIM JAH that your freedom comes at the expense of others, in other words you should never hold others down. It should be possible to see the difference between being wealthy enough to provide comfort to yourself and intentionaly making yourself suffer.
     I don't think that money necessarily would corrupt a wise man, they are not millionaries because "sage" is not a very high paying position in today's society. If you look at the job positions who earn the most money it is mostly people who have no real positive effect on this earth. Look where the teachers stand on the ladder (not to mention what they are forced to teach). I think if any sage was lucky enough to become a millionaire, whether it through his works that brought about the money or whether he won the Lotto, he would realize that by hoarding his millions he is not aiding the world. He would be smart enough to make himself comfortable while also making it possible for others to live more comfortably too.
    I see a lot of college kids who stash their cash away for use at a later date and live like a poor "hippy". After they grow up they have their starter kit to the rest of their life in the suburbs. This is a selfish way to go about life. They would understand to circulate that wealth to better causes. So since you were wondering, thats what I have to say about that. Smiley

You can live wealthy or poor but live TRUE, know what you must do!
Cedric
preach

Roots

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 01:32:44 AM »

Very well written. I disagree with your comment about the college kids. All of them are not selfish. Why not enjoy a carefree lifestyle until its time to enter a world filled with responsibilities. And a starter kit doesn't hurt either. What some of us fail to realize is that there is comfort in having money. There are a few, but how many of us would be happy eating from garbage cans and sleeping in alleyways. Modern times, technology, and our present economic system prevent the bohemian lifestyle. Suppose an individual decided to live off of the earth. Money is needed to acquire and maintain the land. We are victims to the system. This is why some college kids grow up and go the straight route; to be comfortable; in order to have food,clothing and shelter, then possibly a little extra.  This is why artists have side jobs as waiters.

love
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 06:20:39 AM »

Hotep preach

Jesus says give to ceaser what is his and give to god what is his?

Spirituality doesn’t feed the body it feeds the spirit, the body doesn’t feed the spirit the body feeds the body.

Money is a tool we as human beings all need.

Satia sai baba the great braham sage was given a check of 25 million and with this money which he did not see as his, he built a university in his name and a hospital also in his name.

He himself sleeps in a one bedroom broken down house with a very uncomfortable bed with no TV or electricity.

People like satia sai baba are not like us they don’t have the same soul as ours. They know who they are from birth and they know their mission and have no need of material or bodily pleasure.

Satia only eats bread and water sometimes insects like john the Baptist.

When a person gets allot of money they have a tendency to reach out for their wants and they forget about how they suffered just to get their needs.

We need money to keep our restless needs for material quite especially if you have a wife and a family. If you give your spirits its needs you may forget what the family needs or even what your body needs.

We need money to avoid a restless mind which is our spirit but we don’t make getting money our only goal.

So there has to be a balance between both spirituality and material needs not wants.

Satia sai baba is here for his nation he represents his people’s way of life but his message is a universal message. No black man should follow the Braham culture its not our way of life.

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
NEBANKH

Roots

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 07:13:33 AM »

Asar grants prosperity and fertility. Asar is our kemetic neter (God). So we were meant to prosper, that is our right and our destiny. See www.pyramidoftruth.com and www.themysteryoflife.com
preach

Roots

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 12:37:22 AM »

The person you speak of jemba is practicing suffering as a means of obtaining enlightment. His suffering is self inflicted almost rendering it a pleasurable experience. His suffering is a lifestyle or choice. Giving away the money was nothing to him because charity is the highest good. A poor person who has struggled their entire life has nothing to gain from suffering. Why not experience prosperity and wealth physically as well as spiritually.
The culture/philosophy you say no black man should follow is actually from the mystery schools in egypt-sais and afrika-alkebulan. Buddha was/is Black.  

love
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 06:57:41 AM »

Hotep Preach

Preach said

The person you speak of jemba is practicing suffering as a means of obtaining
EnlightmentHis suffering is self inflicted almost rendering it a pleasurable experience? His suffering is a lifestyle or choice. Giving away the money was nothing to him because charity is the highest good

Jemba

We all have our missions to fulfil on this plane we call earth, some of us have personal missions, some of us have ties which we must break with other souls
But people like satia come to restore a nations way of life and to give them a path to the most high.

He was born with this mind but like us he had to wait until the right time to begin his work.

Just like the Indians have some one who has come to restore their way of life we also have someone who is here for that. Nubians are not exactly going through a straight path when it comes to religion.

Preach said

Giving away the money was nothing to him because charity is the highest good. A poor person who has struggled their entire life has nothing to gain from suffering. Why not experience prosperity and wealth physically as well as spiritually.

Jemba

A peson who has come to do work for the most high will never be poor, because if he was poor then temptation will come into his mind and when he topples his people will also fall.

We have a need for material it’s a key to our life on earth if we cant eat how do we even start to think about spirituality, but we tend to exaggerate and turn our needs into wants if, you live in a house that is big enough for you and your wife but you want a bigger house, if you have a car that’s suitable for you and your family but you want another car.

We need material to keep our basic needs quite so we can focus on our feeding our over needs.

These rappers and other black millionaire should ask themselves why they have all this money. Everyone has something they have been given to give back to their nation how ever big how ever small, but this society is designed to miss direct us to throw away our gifts.

Preach says

The culture/philosophy you say no black man should follow is actually from the mystery schools in egypt-sais and afrika-alkebulan. Buddha was/is Black.  

Jemba

Nubians where the teaches know they are the student, you can’t be taught by your students because you are still have a lot to teach them satia sai baba is a Nubian, but we have our own teacher.

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
Ras_Kwame

Roots

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 07:46:52 PM »

Greetings all!

Good reasonings on the silver and gold subject started by Preach. It's mind-opening reading from all the previous responds. Stiritup66, and brother Jemba did a good job expanding on the subject.

Personally, I'm not a very big fan of the legendary king Solomon--even though he later said that after gaining all of those wealth, that they were vanity. Because in order for the world to accomodate every one fablously rich king Solomon with his annual income of six-hundred and sixty-six talents of gold, and his one thousand wives and concubines; thousands and thousands of people (today its millions and millions) have to go without or slave for his comfort.

What does it tells us if our so called 'wisest' man himself was finally corrupted by his accumulation of excess materials? The corruption comes from the injustice it creates---whether one gets rich by mastering the game of snatching from others and keeping it for oneself, or like Solomon, merely inheriting much of it without having to earn one bit of it from ones own labour.

I have no problem with everyone justly earning the rewards  of their labour. Because if everyone was allocated their just deserts, we would have less and less materially needy people around, and less and less of the outrageously rich like the Bill Gates and Donald Trumps of the world that make this world so unequal, around too.

Peace N Love
Omar

Roots

Re:
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 11:34:42 PM »

Preach

Is it possible to be rich and righteous?
I understand the whole idea of holy poverty, letting go to achieve enlightment. But how about acquiring wealth to achieve enlightment like an epicurean-devoted to personal happiness. If  it is possible to avoid suffering then why not avoid it. Why can't our sages be millionaires? Not the rap moguls or flashy athletes. Imagine a Malcolm X with a Trump account. Or do ones think the money would corrupt such an individual?

I think it's very possible to be rich and righteous.

I think the amount of wealth a person has depends either on what they were born into, how God blessed them, or how ambitious and intelligent they were to accumulate that wealth.

Not necessarily on how good or bad they were.

Morality and the ability to generate wealth are 2 separate issues.

I consider myself righteous and my aim is to become very wealthy and pass that wealth along to my children.
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 05:39:04 AM »

Hotep brother and sisters

Passing your wealth to your children is like cursing them if they dont experience what you did to make that money, everyone is born to go through suffering that’s the way of life. We learn many things from nature a tree starts of as a seed or a plant then it becomes a tree. But it’s not easy for that seed to become a tree, winds storms water draught the tree goes through a lot to become what it is.

This is nature your daughter or son is not yours, they have an individual path to follow in life and they must have their own experiences to make them who they will be.

If I am rich and I have a driver and a big house and servant my children will still wash the dishes and iron my clothes and they will walk or catch the bus to school.

preach

Roots

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 12:26:32 AM »

I agree that chidren should have their own experiences and follow their own path in life. If I can assist along the way then I shall. If I can do anything to make their path easier then I shall. Suffering should be avoided. There is nothing to learn from suffering. It is a distraction and a time consumer.

love
Omar

Roots

Re:
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 09:56:44 AM »

Preach

I agree that chidren should have their own experiences and follow their own path in life. If I can assist along the way then I shall. If I can do anything to make their path easier then I shall. Suffering should be avoided. There is nothing to learn from suffering. It is a distraction and a time consumer.

You're so right about poverty and suffering being a time consumer.

People waste so much time trying to survive and stay stable, they don't have to time to pursue higher goals and improve themselves.

gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 01:40:09 PM »

One day money will be abolished, I nor my children will not live to see that day, but maybe their children's children will.
In the meantime Cash Rules Everything Around Me like Wu Tang say, but it doesn't rule me. Still and all I definitely need to get my hands on some of it. Cos I know if I had a million I'd be doing a lot more good with it than the bastards who got the millions now.
My cousin is an emcee named Daddy Dollars and yeah he a hustler and he out to get that money and he gone get it too, cos not only is he as good an emcee as I am (which is very good if I do say so myself), he also knows how to write a catchy hook to get that radio play and ting, and he done studied they game, and he born hustling like all my fam in Brooklyn. I know when he get that money he gone help out our family first, and then everyone else in the hood. He ain't gone keep all that $ for himself and move to no suburbs, we always gone stay ghetto no matter how much money we might get. Cos the hood is where the real people at and when it comes down to it the hood gone beat the suburbs at any game you care to play, no matter if the wealthy man mek the rules, we could still beat them at it, trust.
Memba Bob used to give away a million dollars a week to ghetto people, he couldn't have done that if he hadn't had those millions of dollars.
So if you can get that money, go head and get it, just mek sure you don't get your hands unforgivably dirty in the process, and remember to rule the cash, don't let the cash rule you.
To be poor is a crime, poor people know how true that is.
stiritup66

Work to uphold the teachings of H.I.M. Selassie I!

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 10:35:46 AM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High,
       Ras Kwame was reasoning on King Solomon and said:
    "Personally, I'm not a very big fan of the legendary king Solomon--even though he later said that after gaining all of those wealth, that they were vanity. Because in order for the world to accomodate every one fablously rich king Solomon with his annual income of six-hundred and sixty-six talents of gold, and his one thousand wives and concubines; thousands and thousands of people (today its millions and millions) have to go without or slave for his comfort.

What does it tells us if our so called 'wisest' man himself was finally corrupted by his accumulation of excess materials? The corruption comes from the injustice it creates---whether one gets rich by mastering the game of snatching from others and keeping it for oneself, or like Solomon, merely inheriting much of it without having to earn one bit of it from ones own labour."

The Bible tells the story however, that he was not materially corrupted at all. The people which he ruled over were not slaves of his. That was one of the incredible things of Solomon, the Bible tells us he had a way of getting people to work for him without the use of force. Solomon was so wise people wanted to do things for him just to be around him; people were willing to work hard labor just to be apart of his kingdom.
      If you think about it, this would not be unlike more recent times. What if, in 1960 or so Haile Selassie I said to the world that he was opening the borders of Ethiopia to anyone who wanted to live there as long as they lived with Haile Selassie I as king and worked towards the betterment of Ethiopia? I bet countless numbers of people would have moved to Ethiopia, payed taxes, worked under the direction of the King for the betterment of Ethiopia, and would have been extremely happy to be there. We would have then seen Ethiopia as one of the strongest kingdoms in the world, with probably one of the richest Kings. Maybe people would think HIM was forcing slave labor on us, but all those in the Kingdom would know they would gladly work without pay as long as their home was sustained, their King remained aproachable, and progress (I don't mean the traditional sense of the word, I mean TRUE progress; working Itinually more in harmony with nature) was made in their country.
      This is the way that I want to look at King Solomon, and I think it is the way the Bible wants us to look at him. Not as a ruthless King with slaves but as a kind King who helps lead his people to GLORY!

Bless the works and words of HIM may he help lead us all towards the progress of our nation
Cedric
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: