Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 444 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  A trip to the museum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A trip to the museum  (Read 11573 times)
nomo8

« on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:22 PM »

Well, went to an exhibit in tokyo of Khemite artifacts, entitled TURIN , little print at the bottom of the poster, egyptian relics, etc.  Yes, a town and museum in Italy that, from what I saw from photos of the museum harbors  a pile of Khemite loot of astounding magnitude.  So the the big print was TURIN, all over the subways etc, with an afterthought that what you would be seeing is egyptian artifacts.  OK, so most of the exhibit is mede or ptolemaic stuff, carefully selected to show the late stage asiatic motifs and figurines, etc, yet with other earlier dynastic peices as well.  No exaggeration, massive stone sarcophagae covers showing african heads or busts (pinnacle of techn acheivment at the time) are labelled only as "anthropoid figure", while insignificant little mede period statuetes and other artifacts are all attributed to the ancient gods or rulers of Khem. 

Most astounding was a figurine showing black Nefertari.  I am sure most on this board are familiar with Nefertari.  the   statuette was in the beginning of the exhibit, as if to set the tone.  In english, the description read, "Queen Nefertari shown as a black woman".  My translator, an expert in archeology, assured me that the japanese description (I don't read Japanese) explained the statuette as '" Queen Nefertari , the color black indicating symbolic reference to the black soil of the Nile Delta".  I don't think I need to get into this, speaks for itself.  This is propaganda.  The curators knew that english speaking africans or americans or europeans seeing the exhibit might frown on the bogus conception that the worlds greatest civilization, some say, referred to itself and its major heirarchy as distinctively colored dirt.  Absurd, of course.  At least I was there to see it for myself and to tell about it, more misinformation.  This exhibit was very carefully engineered to appeal to Japanese by showing asiatic khemites or Ptolemaic medes. 

One limestone statue looked like a fake (King Tutenkhamen with his arm wrapped around diety Amun/Amon, etc) and indeed had a French inscription carved into it looking like a catelogue number and someone's name and place name. This might have been Napoleonic loot (or fake) captured by ww11 wermacht and later smuggled to italy.? Wait! it could not have been napoleonic plunder, since Tut was an unknown qauntity until Carter's dig!  So where did this marble statue come from?   it would be interesting to know how TURIN came into ownership of all the loot they have now.  Some statuettes looked whitewashed with underlayment of dark reddish brown showing through.  so much time has passed, who knows about any of this now.  Generations of wannabe egyptians have had time in europe to manipulate their collections and portray what they want us to see. N8
Horus

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:42:04 AM »

The sixteen dynasties of Egyptian history made public today are the last of the great kingdoms, not by far the first. Our story as recorded in the ruins of Egypt today was the end of some of our greatness. This was made possible by Khufu removing the immigration law and allowing an invasion of other races to "tie into the vine" and literally claim to be Egyptians, to the point where they literally replaced woolly haired dark skinned people's images. They fabricated false replicas that house the museums and even repainted the art works in tombs and "antiqued" them to seem authentic. They want you to see what you think are true images of our ancestors, when in fact they are forgeries. Like the faces of Nefertiti, which they changed.
nomo8

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 07:53:08 PM »

Thanks for that......that is my impression of what I saw, "antiqued" figurines, some that had even been witewhashed over .  The french marble statue with the engraved inscription catelogue number and place of origin in france was highly suspect.  I wish I could have had a more knowledgeable colleague with me to interpret some of what I saw. The reason I mentioned it in this forum is that asian countries are vying for a place in the sun amidst great material resource wealth in Africa (not a new topic) and their intellilgentsia and common folk are being spoon fed this stuff, promoting the paternalistic we want to help you attitude behind the foreign aid and investment scene.  I've run into my share of japanese foreign ministry and "NGO" academic types trained by europeans they admire, who figure prominently in arranging for such exhibits and involved in formation of various "studies" and institutes in AFrica . 

It's better to cut a deal if it suits a noble or good purpose (?) with an industry or finance regime willing to lay its cards on the table and talk shop in a mutually respectfull arrangement.  Wish I could offer something positive to comment on, such as BLANK (major African country) announces bold, self defined industrial hemp initiative , throwing out anti cannabis reactionary missionaries from BLANK (major asian divided country) in the process, etc. I have to be fairly careful how I speak from here.   N8

lado
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 05:59:28 AM »

Westernism and Easternism :  Imperialism in sč

When  the term Western and Eastern  is always mentioned, we are not speaking merely of a geographic location or specific place, or even a specific people. To claim imperialism follows a specific ethnicity is not the aim of the exercise and just isn’t true. History shows clearly every region and every subset of the human race at some point and time has wielded power over others.

No, when we speak of the West and East , we do so because in this day and age, the mental disease known to man as imperialism – the building and maintaining of an empire  through violence of a physical and mental nature - with all the terror and horror it brings with it, has found its current safe haven in Western Europe and progressively the East is taking Lead to tht . This is what has given birth to the globally extended Western and now the Eastern  coming into with this mode of Mind of  Uncivilization.

However on the other hand , on a futher examination , this does not mean that people whose ethnicity  or geographic location leads them to be defined as non-Westerners / Easterners  cannot belong to the West or East , on the contrary. Indeed it is here we find the most fundamentalist defenders of this insane mindset of Uncivilisation as well .

Whether they are black, blue, white, yellow, green or purple it is their allegiance to this murderous Way of Life, that defines them as members of the reigning Uncivilization. “Westernism / Easternism ” is a sick philosophy and way of life which is practiced on all 5 continents by members of all the different variations of humanity.

This brutal and misguided thought system disguises itself in many forms. It might be Pax Americana, the imperial American reign of dollars and democracy currently being force fed to the world at large with diminishing success. It might be the idiotic attempts to consolidate the UN administration into a world government, through such fantasy land projects such as the commission for global governance. It might even be the attempts of the megalomaniacs who run the multinational corporations to OWN EVERYTHING or the sum of all these elements.

What ever form or fashion it manifests itself in, the Uncivilization the Western and Eastern  mind state has become possessed by, has its own distinct psychological basis and internal logic to form the twisted and inhuman perception that leads to the reign of pilage , murder, theft  misdirect , and rape that is plagueing this earth ---------------------.
lado
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »

The sixteen dynasties of Egyptian history made public today are the last of the great kingdoms, not by far the first. Our story as recorded in the ruins of Egypt today was the end of some of our greatness. This was made possible by Khufu removing the immigration law and allowing an invasion of other races to "tie into the vine" and literally claim to be Egyptians, to the point where they literally replaced woolly haired dark skinned people's images. They fabricated false replicas that house the museums and even repainted the art works in tombs and "antiqued" them to seem authentic. They want you to see what you think are true images of our ancestors, when in fact they are forgeries. Like the faces of Nefertiti, which they changed.

SURELY WHAT YOU SAY IS RIGHT , WHEN EVERY PHARAOH IS WHITE,  nobody,  here after can/will claim different, or WE  will be sent to a mental institution. WE BETTER IGNORE WHAT THEY SAY .
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: