Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25912 Posts in 9968 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 446 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  rastafari entering a new phase
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: rastafari entering a new phase  (Read 13050 times)
ras_anthony
« on: February 18, 2004, 10:51:20 PM »

As we move into the 21st century and reflect on the one gone by all rasta mut now ask what now. The struggle of our elders to bring forth the message of rastafari has passed and our voices have been heard.  We are entering a new time, and a new struggle beckons. It is time for rastafari now to build our nations within these caribbean nations. Rasta must unite and move forward to be the movers and shakers in society, the doctors and the lawyers.

blessed love
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 11:46:33 AM »

As we move into the 21st century and reflect on the one gone by all rasta mut now ask what now. The struggle of our elders to bring forth the message of rastafari has passed and our voices have been heard.  We are entering a new time, and a new struggle beckons. It is time for rastafari now to build our nations within these caribbean nations. Rasta must unite and move forward to be the movers and shakers in society, the doctors and the lawyers.

blessed love

I thought repatriation was always an objective of Rastafari?

Forward to a united Africa!
ras_anthony
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 10:33:05 PM »

i am not talking about repatriation brethen, i am talking about establishing rastafari as an established doctrine which, in which our teaching would be thought in schools and churches owned by us all over the region.

blessed love
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 10:11:36 AM »

"It is time for rastafari now to build our nations within these caribbean nations."

You must have misunderstood my reasoning behind the post. It is admirable to be establishing independant and African/Rastafari schools in the Carribean, but Rastafari is spread far beyond the borders of this region. It is quite popular in the mother land. African people need unity GLOBALLY to accomplish anything significant, otherwise the powers that be will always thwart our efforts. I was wondering if you would be limiting your prospects to the carribean 'region', or if that would just be a stepping stone. We would have a hard time building a nation on stolen land anyhow...and why should we?..we already have a land base....Africa.  My post was to prevent us from being micro-nationalistic(that is what devdes us), and look at the bigger picture. Thanks

ras_anthony
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 07:51:38 PM »

iandi understands what you are saying and agree 100%, however before we can unite globally as a people we must unite as a people within nations and within regions. You cannot walk without first learning to crawl.
blessed love.
preach

Roots

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 06:36:40 PM »

I am new to this site so please forgive my wording. I believe that rastafari needs to move forward. With the advent of new technology,new social ills and issues, there is a need to progress with the times. This change can be compared to black power movements of the sixties. We can sitin, picket, and rush the capitol but those in power already know how to deal with those methods of protest, so in order to be effective change is imminent.

one

love
Natty_Fred

Roots

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 08:57:45 AM »

I feel that a global unity of Rasta is indeed essential, for how can anyone claim otherwise (feel free to claim otherwise).

But see in the West...Them in politricks are in no way interested in introducing anthing concerning Rasta into the social, and educational scheme of things. Here in England, Rasta is popular among the rebel youth, but these are not the ones becoming doctors and lawyers. And they, like myself are looking towards that dream of repatriation, not to assist building a country that is already economically strong.

Rasta is indeed becoming more popular in mama Afrika, no matter how much 'regimes' try to downpress it. I personally think that the focus needs to be on Afrika, and on the Afrikan people. For educating the innocent is far easier than trying to educate the ignorant.

Freddy.
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 09:02:09 AM »

For educating the innocent is far easier than trying to educate the ignorant.

What kind of education are you speaking of?
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 11:35:55 AM »

And they, like myself are looking towards that dream of repatriation, not to assist building a country that is already economically strong.

Rasta is indeed becoming more popular in mama Afrika, no matter how much 'regimes' try to downpress it. I personally think that the focus needs to be on Afrika, and on the Afrikan people. For educating the innocent is far easier than trying to educate the ignorant.

Freddy.

Without a strong homeland, we have no strength, Africa is "home" and should always be the focus...not because the youth in the diaspora are more "difficult" to re-educate...colonialism has effected those at home also...but the reason should be simply because it is home base, and therfore is automatically primary.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: