Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:13:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 506 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Where Is God?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Where Is God?  (Read 31239 times)
out_of_Zion

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2004, 08:34:17 AM »

If Yeshua came back(if he was ever 1 individual in history and not an imalgimation/copy of previous "pagan" mythical figures), or any other "God" figure returned, I'd have to tell him/her to step asside. I want to kick the colonial/imperial/capitalist ass. This is OUR fight(the people)....not his/hers!

"Vengeance is mine, and retribution, At the appointed time their foot will move unsteadily, For the day of their disaster is near, And the events in readiness for them do make haste."  -Dueteronomy 32:35

"Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yeild place to wrath; for it is written: "Vengeance is mine; I will repay," says Jah."  -Romans 12:19

"For we know him that said: "Vengeance is mine; I will recompense;" and again: "Jah will judge his people."  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." -Hebrews 10:30,31

Sorry, looks like Jah doesn't approve of that mindset.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2004, 10:01:15 AM »

"Vengeance is mine, and retribution, At the appointed time their foot will move unsteadily, For the day of their disaster is near, And the events in readiness for them do make haste."  -Dueteronomy 32:35

"Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yeild place to wrath; for it is written: "Vengeance is mine; I will repay," says Jah."  -Romans 12:19

"For we know him that said: "Vengeance is mine; I will recompense;" and again: "Jah will judge his people."  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." -Hebrews 10:30,31

Sorry, looks like Jah doesn't approve of that mindset.

Sorry, but your point is moot with me and the majority of the colonized masses...YOUR god doesn't approve of this mindset. YOUR god is 100% grade a approved by the oppressor! The same oppressor who gave us Africans the Helio Biblio(Sun Book) in the first place, and told us OUR spirituality was evil and wrong(Our meaning anything outside of the Bible). I call upon MY ancestor's warrior spirits Shango, Eggun, ect...not the Euro-centric, secret society, capitalists elite twisted version of the Bible you are quoting from. Lay down and let the oppressor take your mind and your soul if you wish...I will fight for my freedom and the freedom of my PEOPLE! It's not about vengence...Vengence is something to get back at someone for wrong doing...It is about getting the colonial/imperialist/capitalist monkey off of my people's back! You might not mind US having a yoke around our necks....but I do, and so do the impoverished and oppressed masses of the planet! You can wait for a savior if you wish....I prefer to work towards my freedom. Though without action is dead! The PEOPLE Will be our own saviors...Anything less is a copout.

Forward to a united Africa!
out_of_Zion

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2004, 10:53:31 AM »

Fair enough, but I'm not quoting from a Euro-centric bible but rather one that has been translated straight from the Aramaic/Hebrew/Greek into modern day English...without the Latin and Catholic-dominant interpretations settling their refuse in between.

out_of_Zion

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2004, 11:33:35 AM »

No, I do believe in the spiritual realm.  String theory all but confirms it - which the Kaballahists predicted thousands of years before...

I'm merely saying that those who wish to debunk spiritual visions have a wealth of reasons to do so, and always will detract from them in one way or another.

preach

Roots

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 10:39:20 PM »

out of zion I thank you for your words and apologize for not responding sooner. I await the day when my faith is renewed but it will have to be something cataclysmic. In the meantime I still believe in my people, which I guess has kept me from completely denouncing god. It absolutely warms my heart and makes me envious to hear the passion of the faithful. At the same time I do not understand blind faith. More times than not I come to the conclusion that god does not exist and we must do for self.  

love
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 07:55:03 AM »

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die. And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal

Forward to a united Africa!
preach

Roots

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 08:54:11 PM »

Oshun, please explain the quote and its relevance.
thanks in advance.

love
RASNUBIAN

Roots

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2004, 10:55:06 PM »

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die. And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal

NOW THATS SOME DEEP SHIT!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: