Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:07:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 412 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  State of the Black Union 2007
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: State of the Black Union 2007  (Read 27894 times)
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« on: February 10, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »

"State of the Black Union"

PBS Talk Show Host Tavis Smiley, Tom Joyner and 36 of America's black leaders will meet in Hampton, VA, for the 2007 "State of the Black Union." This day-long event will examine the future impact of African Americans on western culture, global image, along with social, political, & economic issues.

http://www.cspan.org/homepage.asp
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »

The Covenant In Action
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 11:44:31 AM »

Greetings, Sesha

I don't mean any disrespect, but how is this going to benefit black people in general?

Ras Nevoe
Da Prophet
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 04:08:34 PM »

peace and hotep,

Ras_Nevoe, when you ask:

"how is this going to benefit black people in general?"

it will benefit black people more or less than Africaspeaks.

what is the impact of the "speaks" on black people in general?

it all adds up to replacing injustice withe justice or incorrectness withe correctness.......by any means.

follow the logic.

freedomisahapisalve

Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »

OK, i'm sorry I asked that question because I can tell you are offended, and I was trying to avoid that. The reason I asked was not because I was being critical, it's because I didn't read the article. Instead I should have asked you what this is all about. The reason I didn't read it is because I n I get very frustrated that I n I don't have the resources yet to effect change, so I n I try to teach the people wherever they're willing to learn, by talking and writing. But these people who you are mentioning have the resources to effect great change and what they usually do is pay to stage a big event so that they can talk about the same problems that's been existing since before they were born.

sorry if I offend............never my intentions.........

PEACE!

seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 11:28:37 PM »

OK, i'm sorry I asked that question because I can tell you are offended, and I was trying to avoid that. The reason I asked was not because I was being critical, it's because I didn't read the article. Instead I should have asked you what this is all about. The reason I didn't read it is because I n I get very frustrated that I n I don't have the resources yet to effect change, so I n I try to teach the people wherever they're willing to learn, by talking and writing. But these people who you are mentioning have the resources to effect great change and what they usually do is pay to stage a big event so that they can talk about the same problems that's been existing since before they were born.

PEACE!

peace and hotep,

Ras_Nevoe.

you believe that "the same problems exist since 'they' were born.

freedomisahapisalve 
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 04:01:22 PM »

PEACE!

peace and hotep,

Ras_Nevoe.

you believe that "the same problems exist since 'they' were born.

freedomisahapisalve 

yes i do. They may have evolved, but it's still the same problems. Can you prove different? I'm only human so I could be wrong, but it seems accurate to say.
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »

yes i do. They may have evolved, but it's still the same problems. Can you prove different? I'm only human so I could be wrong, but it seems accurate to say.

peace and hotep,

Ras_Nevoe,

if you are refering to the problem of White Supremacy Racism, i agree. it continues to affect all areas of human activity including Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and War.
maybe you have noticed that the covenant consists of:

Healthcare and Well-Being
Education
Criminal Justice
Police Accountability
Affordable Neighborhoods
Voting
Rural Development
Economic Prosperity
Environmental Justice
Digital Divide

Ras_Nevoe, when the covenant was released i really wanted to see more input from neely fuller jr's work (1971) but i realize by now that fuller's concepts are being suppressed consciously and/or unconsciously........intentionally and/or unintentionally.  Lips Sealed

although the present ingredients of the covenant are not the exact mirror image of what neely fuller jr. identifies as the 9 major areas of human activity, work is being done to insure that people understand exactly what White Supremacy is and how it work(defined, refined, maintained and expanded) to avoid future confusion.  understanding sometimes depend on how a thing is communicated. sometimes a message goes out into an audience but it is not comprehended by all. some people may have hearing difficulties and some may have problems just understanding the various substance, the meat of topic.

the codified language of the covenant is put in terms that are easily understood by a broad range the masses. it is hard for me to state which area of human activity (described by fuller) are more important than another. i seek to understand how all off them are dominated by White Supremacist. institutions like the code or counter-racism must deal withe the science in order to better inform the enviromentally challenged masses as to following the logic in order to produce justice and correctness. 

Ras_Nevoe, the backers and/or supporters of the State of the Black Union started years ago to deliver an agenda for africans at home and abroad for 2000 and beyond. first hundreds and now thousands of organizations are at work aiding in the production of justice. the panelists only represent distinct articulations to the masses. each one breaking it down to his or her constituent and each one united independently by a codified document of resistance.

nothing would be better than uniting all of our organizations into our own governing body, even by internet, in order to insure unity of thought, action and speech of a "mis-represented people".  a  virtual non-militaristic shadow government operating withe in this government to remedy historical negligence of White Supremacy. every issue that the amorican government ignores should be debated/remedied by us in our own forum while we simultaneously participate in all areas of White Domination where we have all ready been allowed entrance.

i would prefer that the resources applied to these annual event would best be served by constructing an non'white' governmental networks here and then abroad.

Ras_Nevoe, while problems remain the same, all solutions remain withe in the problem itself. the application of neely fuller's work was only deferred (put off until a future time).

like a 'dream deferred':

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode? Lips Sealed

A Dream Deferred
by Langston Hughes
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »

OK i'm getting an understanding of what it is you are trying to communicate to me, but to fully understand i'm gonna have to keep asking questions. Please bare with me.

maybe you have noticed that the covenant consists of:

Education
Criminal Justice
Police Accountability
Affordable Neighborhoods
Voting
Rural Development
Economic Prosperity
Environmental Justice
Digital Divide

O.K. I understand what is being said, but what I don't understand is, how can I grasp this, how can I see it in material form. From my viewpoint it is similar to when a politician promises to do all these wonderful things to improve impoverished neighborhoods, but these ideas only remain just that, IDEAS, they don't materialize. I've been a part of countless organizations since I was 13 yrs. old, these organizations all promise to clean up the mess. In some cases we raised enough money to feed an entire small country, but where did it go? NOWHERE! because it didn't go to those who needed it the most. Instead it was used to further the organizations agenda. Agendas that contradicts the actions of the organization.

Ras_Nevoe, when the covenant was released i really wanted to see more input from neely fuller jr's work (1971) but i realize by now that fuller's concepts are being suppressed consciously and/or unconsciously........intentionally and/or unintentionally.  Lips Sealed

Am I suppressing Dr. Fuller's concepts, Intentionally and/ or Unintentially?

although the present ingredients of the covenant are not the exact mirror image of what neely fuller jr. identifies as the 9 major areas of human activity, work is being done to insure that people understand exactly what White Supremacy is and how it work(defined, refined, maintained and expanded) to avoid future confusion. 

You say that work is being done to avoid future confusion. What kind of work, and how can I help?

understanding sometimes depend on how a thing is communicated. sometimes a message goes out into an audience but it is not comprehended by all. some people may have hearing difficulties and some may have problems just understanding the various substance, the meat of topic.

Very true! I'm living-proof.

Ras_Nevoe, the backers and/or supporters of the State of the Black Union started years ago to deliver an agenda for africans at home and abroad for 2000 and beyond. first hundreds and now thousands of organizations are at work aiding in the production of justice. the panelists only represent distinct articulations to the masses. each one breaking it down to his or her constituent and each one united independently by a codified document of resistance.

Sounds good, but again, very difficult to grasp.

nothing would be better than uniting all of our organizations into our own governing body, even by internet, in order to insure unity of thought, action and speech of a "mis-represented people".  a  virtual non-militaristic shadow government operating withe in this government to remedy historical negligence of White Supremacy. every issue that the amorican government ignores should be debated/remedied by us in our own forum while we simultaneously participate in all areas of White Domination where we have all ready been allowed entrance.

OK sounds good yet again, but why hasn't this materialize as yet? We have websites like myspace.com that can unify the entire internet. Why can't someone provide the necessary funds to a web designer to create a site that is similar but is dedicated solely to replacing this system of injustice with a system of justice. If the people are unified in thought the system is very easy to topple. I remember a boy-cott that took place somewhere in the U.S.(you won't hear about it). This was a small boycott on a company that generated great revenue, and it almost brought the entire city to a halt. That's power! and all it took was people not doing what we (non-white poeple) do best, BUYING STUFF!

i would prefer that the resources applied to these annual event would best be served by constructing an non'white' governmental networks here and then abroad.

^^^we're on the same page, with this one.

Ras_Nevoe, while problems remain the same, all solutions remain within the problem itself. the application of neely fuller's work was only deferred (put off until a future time).

can you please explain the sentence in BOLD type.

like a 'dream deferred':

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode? Lips Sealed

A Dream Deferred
by Langston Hughes

^^^^ I love that poem by L.H.

PEACE!

RAS NEVOE
Da Prophet

seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 05:43:58 PM »

peace and hotep,

Ras_Nevoe,

when i state:

"the application of neely fuller's work was only deferred (put off until a future time)."

1971.......Neely Fuller Jr. began explaining exactly what the problem was, thereby shedding light on the solution to the problem. he manage to codify and communicate the issues of White Supremacy to the future by producing

The United Independent Compensatory Code/System/Concept.

his revolutionary act galvanized all pre-conceived ideas about the production of justice and applied those concepts to the hypocritical presence of White Supremacy. before the Civil Rights era, it was well overstood just what Racism or White Supremacy was and likewise, it was also overstood prior to the Civil War. Neely Fuller Jr. showed great foresight in identifying what White Supremacy is (how it is the only functional Racism) and how the people who classify themselves as White, the most powerful and intelligent people regularly define, maintain, expand and refined the techniques by which they dominate the people they classify as non'white. Fuller even foresaw that the Victims of Racist would be mis-represented as Racist themselves.

reversed racism........devilishly ingenious.

arising out of the Civil Rights period, the Black Power era came and went  but where was Neely Fuller Jr.'s work being shunned or cited.  i caught my first glimpse of  this "deferred revolution"  of thought from Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's, Isis Paper.   when the media shut Welsing out withe out substantive debate, my curiosity drew closer to the source of her epiphany.  "the keys to the colors" resided withe Neely Fuller Jr's code. 

"the application of neely fuller's work was only deferred (put off until a future time)",which is today and tomorrow.

Ras_Nevoe, when you asked:

"Why can't someone provide the necessary funds {Digital Divide} to a web designer to create a site that is similar but is dedicated solely to replacing this system of injustice with a system of justice. If the people are unified in thought the system is very easy to topple.",

you answered somewhat by stating:

"a part of countless organizations since I was 13 yrs. old, these organizations all promise to clean up the mess. In some cases we raised enough money to feed an entire small country, but where did it go? NOWHERE! because it didn't go to those who needed it the most. Instead it was used to further the organizations agenda. Agendas that contradicts the actions of the organization."

----the many organization of which you belonged are subject to felonious charges, perhaps.  the IRS will be interested if they did not receive "their" cut.------

also, for the purposes of preventing " or avoiding  future confusion" develope a program, supervise it and prove it's usefullnes.  this is the work, this is where you may help:

"The Covenant with Black America will not truly be a success unless we realize its promise. To do that we must act; act as individuals to do what we can to improve our lives and the lives of those in our families and communities—that means becoming role models for the change we seek, volunteering, mentoring, organizing for change, speaking out, holding leaders accountable, and becoming advocates for justice. I hope THE COVENANT In Action inspires and helps you to become part of The Covenant movement. --Tavis Smiley"

Ras_Nevoe, ..........holding leaders accountable........expose fraud........i suggest the ini get in where ini fit in.  examine the programs and make it work.........make the suggestion that you feel necessary ......coalesce withe like minds......codify and counter-racism........by any means.     

never expect a quick fix (signs of addiction). 
put in the work over time.

Education
Criminal Justice
Police Accountability
Affordable Neighborhoods
Voting
Rural Development
Economic Prosperity
Environmental Justice
Digital Divide
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 10:37:31 PM »

also, for the purposes of preventing " or avoiding  future confusion" develope a program, supervise it and prove it's usefullnes.  this is the work, this is where you may help:

I am already doing that..... I own a record shop, you should be familiar with "Addis Ababa International" i'm a retailer. I don't make big money, but most of my profits (60-70%) goes into two programs which is supervised by myself. The first program I started is for single mothers, I provide them with the following assistance: Shelter, Food, Education and/or Employment and Healthcare. I help them through the necessary process to get the assistance from the government, If the government don't assist, it all comes out MY pocket. These women in turn help others, we've had 76 college grads so far from our program and  they all are helping the programs in one way or the other. This does not eliminate confusion of the masses, that was my point. Eventually I will get to a position where I can effect great change, remember my name N.E.V.O.E.

"The Covenant with Black America will not truly be a success unless we realize its promise. To do that we must act; act as individuals to do what we can to improve our lives and the lives of those in our families and communities—that means becoming role models for the change we seek, volunteering, mentoring, organizing for change, speaking out, holding leaders accountable, and becoming advocates for justice. I hope THE COVENANT In Action inspires and helps you to become part of The Covenant movement. --Tavis Smiley"

Ras_Nevoe, ..........holding leaders accountable........expose fraud........i suggest the ini get in where ini fit in.  examine the programs and make it work.........make the suggestion that you feel necessary ......coalesce withe like minds......codify and counter-racism........by any means.

It's like you've been watching me, because I did all that! And this is where it lead me. So where do InI fit in now?     

never expect a quick fix (signs of addiction). 
put in the work over time.

^^^^I resent that, and I should blaze fiyah pon that, but I won't. I've been waitng patiently for a fix, and the only fix I ever get is when I fix it. So thanx but no thanx. Besides the only option now IS a quick fix. We don't have the luxury of time any more.

Education
Criminal Justice
Police Accountability
Affordable Neighborhoods
Voting
Rural Development
Economic Prosperity
Environmental Justice
Digital Divide

This sounds like a remodeled version of this same CAPITALISTIC system. It's like pie and cake. I don't want lemon pie, I want chocolate cake, but you want me to settle for LEMON CAKE

NO THANKS, I'm full-of-that-shit, I need a purge!
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 11:16:55 PM »

peace and hotep,

Ras_Nevoe, why do we not have the luxury of time? we do not arrive at any thing that we need, over night. unless you are terminally ill, you have a luxury of time.
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 12:57:45 AM »

peace and hotep,

Ras_Nevoe, why do we not have the luxury of time? we do not arrive at any thing that we need, over night. unless you are terminally ill, you have a luxury of time.

I'll answer your question but first answer this question. How long has it been since non-white people have been struggling against white domination (white supremacy)?
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 10:31:05 PM »

I'll answer your question but first answer this question. How long has it been since non-white people have been struggling against white domination (white supremacy)?

peace and hotep,

Ras_Nevoe.

exactly when did White Supremacy raise its ugly head? when did the minority population declare themselves superior to the majority populations of the world?

The people who classify themselves as White People have dominated all areas of human activity in the known universe since the end of the period of colonization.  in this period the defined, maintained and expanded the meaning of White Supremacy.  they continued to  refine that domination during the neo-colonization period (the present).

i may be wrong......

freedomisahapisalve

Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 12:11:42 AM »

When I stated:

I wasn't expecting a precise answer, just a time frame, more or less. You said at the end of colonialism, but imperialism came before colonialism. Anyways that's besides the point, the point is that, from then until now we've been "Putting In Work", but never getting the job done. What I was saying in the post above, is that we don't have the luxury of time to be wasted on meaningless programs that don't directly deal with the problem, Racism (White Supremacy).

One last question:

Education
Criminal Justice
Police Accountability
Affordable Neighborhoods
Voting
Rural Development
Economic Prosperity
Environmental Justice
Digital Divide

^^^ How can any non-white person guarantee me all these rights, when no non-white person is guaranteed all these right? In other words, how can someone help me, if they haven't help themselves yet?

PEACE!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: