Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 432 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  WORLD HOT SPOTS
| |-+  Around the World (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Was going to war worth it?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Was going to war worth it?  (Read 6493 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: April 14, 2004, 08:24:02 AM »

Was going to war worth it? This is a question that i would like to hear answer and not really from George Bush even though he is the beginner of it, cause he seem to lie too much.So far in my opinon the only main reason for this war beside other issues,was because George Bush was trying to prove worthy to his father and handle his  daddy unfinished business and he once publicly said "no one threatens his father and get away with it" exactly what Sadaam did.

Here is Bush explanation for the War and "it's worth" and his great praises for the soilders.

QUESTION: Sir, you've made it very clear tonight that you're committed to continuing the mission in Iraq, yet, as Terry pointed out, increasing numbers of Americans have qualms about it.

And this is an election year.

BUSH: Yes.

QUESTION: Will it have been worth it, even if you lose your job because of it?

BUSH: I don't plan on losing my job. I plan on telling the American people that I've got a plan to win the war on terror. And I believe they'll stay with me. They understand the stakes.

Look, nobody likes to see dead people on their television screens. I don't. It's a tough time for the American people to see that. It's gut wrenching.

One of my hardest parts of my job is to console the family members, who've lost their life. It's a chance to hug and weep and to console, and to remind the loved ones that the sacrifice of their loved one was done in the name of security for America and freedom for the world.

One of the things that's very important, Judy, at least as far as I'm concerned, is to never allow our youngsters to die in vain. And I made that pledge to their parents. Withdrawing from the battlefield of Iraq would be just that, and it's not going to happen under my watch.

The American people may decide to change. That's democracy. I don't think so. I don't think so. And I look forward to making my case. I'm looking forward to the campaign.

Now's the time to talk about winning this war on terror. Now's the time to make sure that the American people understand the stakes and the historic significance of what we're doing.

And no matter where they may stand on this war, the thing I appreciate most about our country is the strong support given to the men and women in uniform. And it's vital support. It's important for those soldiers to know America stands with them, and we weep when they die, and we're proud of the victories they achieve.

One of the things I'm also proud of is what I hear from our soldiers. As I mentioned, I pinned the Purple Heart on some of the troops at the hospital there at Fort Hood, Texas. A guy looks at me and says, "I can't wait to get back to my unit and fulfill the mission, Mr. President."

The spirit is incredible. Our soldiers who have volunteered to go there understand the stakes, and I'm incredibly proud of them.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 09:09:44 AM »

Bush is an idiot. The average well read person is a genius compared to him....It is the people backing Dubya that are running the show. He is just the figure in front, a "talking head" being controlled/fed information and agendas by other powerful people. Not that he doesn't mind and have similar interests(he is a skull & bones), he would just be too damn dumb to actually execute the evil without help...

The interests that back him are what is screwing up the earth....Corporate god's and the secret societies that design the system to increase their profits...Multi-national corporations and international bankers win if there is war period...reguardless of who's "side" they are on...We(the people) all loose.

Forward to a united Africa!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: