Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 360 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Skin Bleaching
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Skin Bleaching  (Read 12648 times)
AS Reasoning
AfricaSpeaks Member

« on: November 27, 2009, 10:15:32 AM »

VC2: Family of Skin Bleachers

Despite being entirely illegal, skin lightening creams are big business both in the UK and in Jamaica - but who are the women - and men - who use them? And who sells them?
Sekhmet

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 10:28:02 AM »

The disfunctionality after such inhumanity...the result of white supremacy...a system designed to keep the dark skin behind.....the problem of skinocracy embedded in the DNAs of our energies...the traumatic interruption resulting in ignorance of Ivinity.
DonBK

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:25:03 PM »

Ahoy Jah People

While white supremacy is often the cause of much wickedness, one still has to be conscious that it is not the only form of supremacy in the world … and looking at the issue of skin colour alteration in an objective light, well surely it falls within the realm of capitalist supremacy? 

Look at how many fair skinned peeps around the world are also made to feel inadequate about their skin colour, with the result being that they turn their skin orange with self tanning lotions or red with sun beds.

Personally, I’m a strong supporter / proponent of various Colonial and Post Colonial perspectives, but on it’s own it is not a complete explanation for what is happening right now in our reality, which in all practicality is The System, and part of it’s mechanism of suppression is to ensure that every single person that is not part of the elite is belittled to the extent that they loose all inner strength and self respect … skin bleaching is just one of many ways The System achieves it’s end goal.

Good thing though that the Prophecy say’s that when the Temple is rebuilt the meek, the weak and the broken will inherit the Earth

Give Thanks and Praises To The Most High … JAH Ras Tafari
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »

Two bleaching songs by Gaza artist Lisa Hype
Lisa Hype - Proud A My Bleaching {Kurrupt Krysmus Riddim} OCT 2009 MADDD
Proud Ah Mi Bleaching by Lisa Hype from the Gaza Krew

Lisa Hype - Bleaching Fit Me {Duffle Bag Riddim} {Nov 2009}
 Bleaching Fit Me by Lisa Hype

It is interesting and ironic that she samples Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" in "Proud Ah My Bleaching". In the video (Christina Aguilera Beautiful) Aguilera shows persons with a poor self concept/image obsessing over their bodies among other things. Lisa Hype uses it to defend herself against those "who nuh like me bleaching". So obviously she finds herself under the direct gaze and criticism of certain people and she fighting it. I do not want to knock her too much or at all because the poor/ ghetto youts/ dancehall dis-place tends to become the focus of the pathologies of the White Supremacist Capitalist patriarchy and in this case the specific phenomenon of White Supremacy. Of course this manifests in many other more palatable flavours in other areas of society but as usual the spotlight is put on certain ones. I like the fact of these two songs by Lisa Hype (from Gaza -same crew as Vybz kartel). Look at how long ago Marcus Garvey was speaking of these things (1930s) and how many youts know Old Marcus Garvey ( OLD MARCUS GARVEY. BURNING SPEAR. ). You can tell where a people are going by which ancestors and elders they keep in their memory. Marcus does not figure highly as the generations go. Go Lisa Hype do your ting. If they don't want to listen to the healing, led them hear the sickness.

People often try to downplay the reality ans significance of White Supremacy and Colourism and pretend that it is a pathology of people who do not know better simply because in some ways it is more visible and more focused on among certain economic classes.
G-Roll

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 10:07:53 AM »

The disfunctionality after such inhumanity...the result of white supremacy...a system designed to keep the dark skin behind.....the problem of skinocracy embedded in the DNAs of our energies...the traumatic interruption resulting in ignorance of Ivinity.

Lol those damn white people. Really... So people bleaching there skin is directly related to white supremacy? What makes you think a white supremacist would even support this idea?

the problem of skinocracy embedded in the DNAs of our energies...the traumatic interruption resulting in ignorance of Ivinity.
Maybe skinocracy is in our DNA. But that would remove white supremacy from the equation because it would be imbedded in our genes and thus natural. As for the rest of what you said... i dunno.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: