Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25912 Posts in 9968 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 446 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  What is Real Beauty?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is Real Beauty?  (Read 7336 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: December 07, 2003, 09:32:11 PM »

Is Beauty today, what it is suppose to be

Beauty these days to others are not what I know it as, others have change beauty in to putting on layers of make up and all these beauty pageants and competitions which I see as mentally and at times physically degrading to a woman.

If you are a woman and proud of how you look and like the way you are you shouldn’t have to enter these competitions, you should have enough self esteem inside to tell yourself I am beautiful why must you go parade your body in the skimpiest outfits for the world to say to you that you are beautiful and carry around a title for just a year when you can just be contented with how you was made and be happy with it.

Other woman don’t enter the competitions but they prefer to go to the operation table and have they tummy tuck and bust lifted and so forth why do they attack they holy temple (they body) in such a way I really don’t know but from most whom I have asked all answered the same they don’t feel happy within but as it shows they haven’t found they will power or self knowledge so they are lost and bewildered and must do these things to feel happy but that type of happiness only last for a period of time but internal happiness lasts forever which they haven’t found as yet or may never find.

All this just go to show what they call beauty is really not true beauty.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
RainMan

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 12:36:43 PM »

I say beauty is unseen, existing in the soul of the beholder. We have to backtrack and realize that men are the cause of women trying to be beautiful and all.  In a time long ago when women were said to be soulless, they were treated as such by men.  If a child was born female, the men would sell her at a very young age, as a prostitute.  A male child was treated differently..Men prized male babies because a male child would strengthen theirs soldiers in numbers.  So women were treated like less than nothing..They did all they could to keep their men because when wrinkles appeared in their face, the men would get rid of them by leaving them outside of the village for wild dogs (hyenas) to tear apart.  So this is one of the reasons why women wear gold around their necks...so that a man could stare at the gold instead of their face.  Thanks and much love to the Princess..

The True Reigning of Man-I Call You Forth
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 01:54:40 PM »

The continous bombardment of our psyches with the concept of white/light skin as the ultimate standard of beauty needs to be evaluated, questioned and challenged on all levels. This Eurocentric notion perpetuated by the media, religion, and the education system has resulted in many inferiority complexes that plague many Black people.

One important aspect in challenging the whole system of false values has to do with media. More aspects of media need to be harnessed and controled by people who have the experiuence and understanding to counter the mass propaganda machines that spew one biasesd perspective all the time. This will determine if in years to come, people will be able to look back at history and see not only the distorted views of CNN, BBC etc, but other perspectives that are not so heavily weighed down in the distortions of Eurocentricity.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: