Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:04:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 398 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  What do you think about multiracial children ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: What do you think about multiracial children ?  (Read 128396 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2005, 02:21:03 PM »

My point is you can never advance European oppression to black peoples in order to gain pseudo integration among us because it is a fact that all whites suffer form concealed superiority complex, rationally present in their economic and political subjugation of black peoples. The oppression of your people is not as dramatic as the magnitude of subjugation of black peoples. If we agree with this point why you keep advancing your problem to us? It is the white men holding you down not black folk. Go complain to white men and women on internet forums. Face your own responsibility! However you prefer patronizing the "negro" population making blacks disdain themselves for interracial dating and mating. If this attitude is not covert racism then what is it?

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Maya
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 02:43:58 PM »

Yes , I talk and talk and talk about this problem in my own country and on different internet forums in my native language . Also , I write about this in newspapers . It is not to GLORIFY myself now and show myself as " so-called Black people friend " .

You are right , the main problem I have with White males who really get crazy seeing me with Brown babies and with Black man .

My question again is : do you think mixed people , multi-/ biracial human beings with one parent from Africa or West Indias can be consider African ? If the father will give them his cultural background ?

I read many times , those mixed children are privileged because of the light colour of their skin . I do not say it's not true . We must remember , it's not easy for them too . For many people they are at the very bottom in " racial hierarchy "
because they are not a pure race . Not Black , not White , not Yellow and so on . There is a German term for them : "mischlung "which is a very derogatory name .
Still , of course , I have a problem with Whites .

With respect .
Maya ...

Beyonce

Allo!

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2005, 09:44:11 PM »

Hi ladies,
To answer your question Kelani, I don't know anybody by that name.

Maya, I do agree with Kelani. You are on the wrong forum. Please, we have read enough and seen so many movies about the Nazi as if that was the only crime to humanity so please don't come here to bother us with your old stories. We are here to learn about new stuff and who cares about what happened to you . Come on, this is africaspeaks and not Europespeaks.com!

Just a word of advice, when you are debating you don't have to insult. It is very sad to read your broken english yet you have the courage to insult. Anyway, it shows  your standard! Kelani, I really like the way you handle yourself. I am sure many people in this forum want to hear things about Africa and not the Hitler's old story.

Today, many people in Africa are still dealing with injustice and the Wars as result of White people's interference in Africans business. We have not yet find solutions to our problems so Maya give us time to think about what to do for our Africa.You can discuss your problems with the EU or Europespeaks.com

I answered your question. Again,multiracial children is a bad idea. Anyway,you have them already so all you have to do is to deal with that!

Understand yourself in order to to better understand others
Maya
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 10:59:08 AM »

Good morning ,

Thank you for your patience and understanding .

Once again , I am sorry for my " broken English " .
For many years I was not allowed to learn foreign languages with the exception of Russian . My Russian interfere with my English . I'm not fluent and often cannot be communicative .
Then again , it's obvious , why we are discussing and reasoning on those problems in English which is Germanic language . As I mentioned before , English is not my native language and it's not native language of many nations and ethinc groups but it was pushed on these people .
Does my opinion make me " covert " racist in your eyes ?

Wow ! You must think I am a very stupid and ignorant Slavic , illiterate woman .

Beyonce , with all respect , you misinterpretted my words . Of course , it's only my fault . As I said I'm not fluent in English nor in French . As a person born with Aushwitz stigma I am very tired with gloryfing Aushwitz martydom by many political groups that find a special interest in these actions .

I have never said Nazists crime is the only one crime to hummanity ! Actually , I am fighting with this opinion in my own country . No , I do not want to be " so-called Black people friend " .
Beyonce and everybody , I hope you did not believe in all those movies you seen , all those books and articles you read in English , French or German . All those recent movies made by American , English , German and French media including BBC and all those articles written by NYC Times journalists are a bunch of lies !
It is obvious to me , that glorifying death camps built on my soil by Nazi Germans ( many of them still alive , living good and wealthy ) is to hide from public opinion martdom of many other nations including African holocaust and my own nation suffering : 200 years of partition , 1945 , 1956 , 1968 , 172 , 1981 - 1983 , 1985 etc . I do not want to sound patronising . My intention is not to compeat , who suffered the most in the history of nations !
The answer for this question is one .
Alright , enough of that Nazist stuff .

Beyonce , you said nobody here cares about what happened to me . Well ... I read many posts here about social and political issues in Iraq , India and many other countries . You reason here on lifestyles , on cell phones , on different diets etc . etc . Now , I DO NOT WANT TO SOUND RACIST but :
Are there any subjects , I do not know about , that should not be talked about by Black people ? Why ?

Why I decided to write here about the history of my country and my nation ?
I wanted to introduce myself , who I am , where I am from .
Also , I wanted to explain , why multicultural education makes sense in my own country . I am sure we are not talking here about the same multiculturalism . My country became very xenophobic because of many years of isolation from different countries and cultures . I didn't mean : " Come on people , let's have fun and mix with everybody ! "

As a White , Eastern Europen young woman with different heritage than yours , I am not in a compentence to tell your people how to educate your youths . I am aware of this fact .
I am not trying to impose on anybody here .
Every White person who say : " Look , Black folks , I know how it is ." is a very lost hippie-whippie or pervert politician .
I'm not one of these funny Whites who put traditional African clothes on themselves and claim they are Africans .
I refused to be pseudo - PC hypocrit . They are nice and polite , smiling now - they talk about you and me behind my and your back afterwards !
( Excuse my English ) . Do you really preffere those pseudo - PC maniacs who will keep " names and insults " for themselves pretending good mannered and innocent ? Good luck ! Then again , I do not tell you what to do !

Why , do you think , I write these words , sitting here in front of my computer , checking English spelling and vocabulary in my dictionary while my children are running around with no attendance ? No , it's not to glorify myself and show myself as a nice and innocent White girl .
Maya ...

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 11:18:42 AM »

Who cares your English is not perfect I am a native of Congo recently immigrant in America do you think I write perfect English? You focus on trifling things I think this mind set represent your motives.

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Maya
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005, 12:22:23 PM »

Bantu Kelani , what are those trifling things I focus on ?
History of my nation , BBC and NYTimes propaganda or my children running around the place ?
Then again , what are my wicked motives ?

Weak English is not my excuse for lack of communication .
I left America three years ago after staying there only for 9 months .
We are all individuals with different life experience . I do not judge anybody .

I have learned so much from this discussion .
I haven't met African Nationalist before .
Actually , I do not have many African friends , simply because there are not many of them in my country .
They come to study here and then come back to Africa or move to Western Europe and US , Canada etc .

That's why I was seeking your opinion here .
I believe I was seeking African people opinion on the forum called Africaspeaks .

I was very stupid and naive thinking that moving to Africa
would be a good idea for me and my family .
Do not want to sound egoitistic .
Only one person , who could go there to live is my boyfriend .
In that sense , he would come back to his homeland .

By saying - " you European go away from this forum with your European problems . This is Africaspeaks forum and we discuss here and resoning here on African problems "- both of you claimed that multiracial and biracial children cannot be consider Africans by Native People of Africa as you are .

Thank you for sharing your opinion .

With all respect .
Maya .

PS . I didn't come here to insult anybody . I discussed and reasoned on those problems on many different forums in my native language .
One of my friend created website in my native language ,  everybody can discuss there things like these  . I can give you link , if you wish . Do not want to be accused of promoting different forums on yours .

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005, 02:52:25 PM »

By saying - " you European go away from this forum with your European problems . This is Africaspeaks forum and we discuss here and resoning here on African problems "- both of you claimed that multiracial and biracial children cannot be consider Africans by Native People of Africa as you are .

The reality we live in everyday and the Eurocentric Supremacy that is bombarded on blacks everyday doesn’t allow Black Nationalists such as myself to be concerned about white people problems. If you fail to include this aspect of our reality then you are a conscious or an unconscious racist. It is up to you to realize you cannot distort what we have said to further you agenda. None of us claimed interracial children were not African descents. For you to come here and ask black people to feel sorry for you while you proceed to show your egoism proves many things to me. I am used to deal with white people like you. Your European whining or frustration is nothing new to the regulars of this community just read the many posting in this forum over and over again. I never get tired reading some of the things white people post on this message board because I too have learned many things dealing with these issues.

There is something wrong with you to lie about what we have said. Take a break from posting and go read some old threads where it is clear the multiracial members of our community are respected as excellent Africans, and they make remarkable contributions to our struggle on these websites and in their respective African liberation movements. So you have no right to accuse anybody here. I see your kind of people many times and I say to myself it is just how you are. I don’t expect you are going to learn anything in our environment if you remain naïve, egoist, and trivial. With that said I hate to repeat myself over and over in the same thread. I bid farewell to this discussion.

B.K

NB

Roots

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2005, 04:42:53 PM »

Maya, don't let Bantu be too hard on you.  Every person on this earth is an African if you count down to day one; we didn't all evolve as different races from different origins; we came from one place and then migrated.  If it's slavery and black oppression that fuels this fire then one would have to look at the origins of this oppression.  Bantu what are the origins of slavery?  What color was the first person to opress a black person?  How did these white aliens learn to do such wicked things? Selam
Maya
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2005, 06:52:21 PM »

I am not looking for anybody's sympathy .
" Feeling sorry " reactions are the worst kind of reactions I can get from Blacks and Whites , Pinks or Purples .
" Poor , little White girl . Poor , little , Brown babies , they went through so much ,  we feel sorry for you . "-  would be the worst insult I could hear in my life .

Then again ,while posting on this forum I do not hold any negative feelings against anybody .

As I mentioned before , I refused to be a pseudo - political correct clown as many White and light - skinned people became . That's why I quoted those insults before . Pure facts without asking anybody to feel sorry for me .
I wanted to show " the other side of the Moon " , different experience .I didn't want to join your community as a White priviledged woman who thinks that she can say everything she wants to everybody here .

Yes , I know , Africa is the mother of human beings on this Planet . One people on this planet - but then again - who is still suffering and who is living good and wealthy ? Who is using and abusing ?

As a White woman , I do not want to take away your culture .
When I was reading threads here , I found one of your comments :

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=40928

I can assure everybody here , I am not CIA/FBI .There are some people here , who know my family . I do not want to sound too private . I may send you a private message , if you wish , Bantu Kelani .

As a White mother of biracial children I am happy that multiracial people are welcomed and acctepted in this community and considered African descends  . Thank you all for that ! I own you a lot !
Yes Bantu , you wrote : " I accept multi-racial children " .That's the real truth .

Beyonce wrote : " You can discuss your problems with the EU or Europespeaks.com "and " Maya, I do agree with Kelani. You are on the wrong forum.". I think the problem of multi-/biracial people is not only my problem or only European problem . You disscus and reason here on cell phones , diets , soy food , politics of different world regions . If multiracial children are African descends and this forum is called
" Africaspeaks " , then multiracial people problems are also African problems , aren't they ?
Then again , knowing the past and presence of Africa , multiracial babies' problem is not the most important thing to consider now .

Thank you for your patience with me .
Maya

Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2005, 07:56:33 PM »

Blessings to one and all from reading this thread so far i am about to ask is this a lyrical battle, have you gotten your questioned answer Maya are have you strayed awayed from your own topic?
Also in you last post you posted a link to another article about the myth of multiracial america and so forth and you found that Bantu stated she accepted multiracial kids but it never stated she likes them.Accepting and Liking are 2 different things cause i can accept you but i dont have to like you, you get my drift.
Also why did you have to mention about the CIA and FBI what beneift is that to us on this forum?

"You disscus and reason here on cell phones , diets , soy food , politics of different world regions . If multiracial children are African descends and this forum is called  
" Africaspeaks " , then multiracial people problems are also African problems , aren't they ?"

Honestly we dont just reason on cell phones,diets,soy food and politics of other countries that you have mention,We reason on much more than that and you should look around more before you say what we reason on.
And in my opinon a multiracial person problem aint Africa's problem honestly Africa has much bigger problems than that to deal with example Alarming high rates in AIDS/HIV, Poverty,
Child Slavery and Child Prostitutes, so answer me this do you really believe that a multiracial person problem/problems could actual be of urgent importance to Africa.

and how you feel they got the first multiracial kids, from massa(white slave master) raping the black women slaves and then when the child comes out too light it either get placed in the house with his kids or if it too dark it an outcast, you should know how strong the bridge is before crossing meaning you have your multiracial kids now and now you must have to toughen them up to make it easier for them to find out who they are and where they come from but in closing you should have studied if they will be accepted r ridicule before you got them.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Maya
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2005, 08:21:19 PM »

Blessings to one and all from reading this thread so far
i am about to ask is this a lyrical battle,

I dont want to " battle " anybody .

have you gotten your questioned answer Maya are have you strayed awayed from your own topic?

I think I have my question answered already .

Also in you last post you posted a link to another article about the myth of multiracial america and so forth and you found that Bantu stated she accepted multiracial kids but it never stated she likes them.Accepting and Liking are 2 different things cause i can accept you but i dont have to like you, you get my drift.

I am fully aware of this . Acceptance does not mean love .

Also why did you have to mention about the CIA and FBI what beneift is that to us on this forum?

Bantu Kelani wrote in her post " Myth of multicultural America " something about CIA / FBI sppoks who jumps on internet forums like this . I am not one of them .Just to make it clear .

"You disscus and reason here on cell phones , diets , soy food , politics of different world regions . If multiracial children are African descends and this forum is called  
" Africaspeaks " , then multiracial people problems are also African problems , aren't they ?"

" Honestly we dont just reason on cell phones,diets,soy food and politics of other countries that you have mention,We reason on much more than that and you should look around more before you say what we reason on.
And in my opinon a multiracial person problem aint Africa's problem honestly Africa has much bigger problems than that to deal with example Alarming high rates in AIDS/HIV, Poverty,
Child Slavery and Child Prostitutes, so answer me this do you really believe that a multiracial person problem/problems could actual be of urgent importance to Africa. "

I agreed with that already . As I mentioned before in my very last post : "knowing the past and presence of Africa , multiracial babies' problem is not the most important thing to consider now . "

and how you feel they got the first multiracial kids, from massa(white slave master) raping the black women slaves and then when the child comes out too light it either get placed in the house with his kids or if it too dark it an outcast,

How can I feel ? Answer this question by yourself , Pricesse .

you should know how strong the bridge is before crossing meaning you have your multiracial kids now and now you must have to toughen them up to make it easier for them to find out who they are and where they come from but in closing you should have studied if they will be accepted r ridicule before you got them.

With all respect , do you think I'm that irresponsible ?
What kind of judgement is this ?
They will find out who they really are without my interfering .
I'm not a single mom . They have father too who will give them his cultural background .

Maya
Maya
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2005, 08:39:24 PM »

"you should know how strong the bridge is before crossing meaning you have your multiracial kids now and now you must have to toughen them up to make it easier for them to find out who they are and where they come from but in closing you should have studied if they will be accepted r ridicule before you got them. "

Excuse me , are you suggesting they should not be born ?
I hope not .

Good night everybody  . It's 4 in the morning my time .
Maya ...

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2005, 09:51:15 PM »

Maya, don't let Bantu be too hard on you.  Every person on this earth is an African if you count down to day one; we didn't all evolve as different races from different origins; we came from one place and then migrated.  If it's slavery and black oppression that fuels this fire then one would have to look at the origins of this oppression.  Bantu what are the origins of slavery?  What color was the first person to opress a black person?  How did these white aliens learn to do such wicked things? Selam

I have to respond to NB’s statements. I am not an individual who bear unjust accusation against black peoples. I will battle anyone lyrically or physically if they are prepare to crush black dignity. I have to say what I have in my heart and mind.

NB, you are the white man proficient in English who come to rescue Maya. And like her you display similar disrespect to the group you claim to support. But none of you know anything about our peoples. You both mated with black folk so you think it gives you a special pass in our black communities. You want all the attention to you and your multiracial offspring, shadowing black causes until the world sees you and only you. You have no progressive ideas for dark-skinned peoples. You continue to think it is a good idea for blacks to disfavor their own for the benefit of white peoples. Your people control most political and economic structure worldwide by the brutalities of institutional slavery and exploitation. Since ages ago in the Eurasian steppes it is your peoples who have been the main perpetuators of slavery, violence, and terrorism. They stole the lands of all indigenous peoples on basis of racist religions to further justify your thuggish practices born in Europe! How dare you come and talk to me about the origin of wickedness and slavery??

This myth of Africans selling themselves wholesale is a racist myth and wishful hypothesis! Of course there were mulatto sons of white men and the subjugated negros who were inhibited with the white men’s ways who acted as middle men in slave dealing by kidnapping and selling Africans to European slave traders in return for worthless trinket. This is true! But this is insufficient to cast the blame from whites to blacks. If so then we might as well just blame Maya's people of Eastern Europe for being victims of the holocaust, after all there were aiding the Nazis to find other Jews, Poles, Slavs, and Gypsies to send to the concentration and death camps let us do this indeed!!!

You ought to know that in the case of slave trading in Africa, European slave traders raided the most whole villages, they took sides in indigenous disputes whilst taking part in their age old practice of conquerors, i.e. divide and conquer by providing weapons to the side which was most favorable to the interest of white peoples! You seem to forget that they were many Africans who were willing to stand up to the Europeans and say NO TO SLAVERY. People such as the great Queen Nzinga, Affonso the King of the Kongo, Jaja of Opobo, Nasr el-Din, Olaudah Equino, Madame Tinubu, etc. Here are an except from letters written by ManiKongo (king) Affonso I to Joao III of Portugal in 1526, on the question of slavery in the Kingdom of the Kongo which are found in the book King Leopold's Ghost" by Adam Hochschild:

"Most High and powerful prince and king my brother...Each day the traders are kidnapping our people--children of this country, sons of our nobles and vassals, even people of our own family...This corruption and depravity are so widespread that our land is entirely depopulated...We need in this kingdom only priests and schoolteachers, and no merchandise, unless it is wine and flour for Mass...It is our wish that this kingdom not be a place for the trade or transport of slaves."

The King of Portugal's reply was brutal in its simplicity and was a death knell on my ancestors' Kingdom. " Kongo, he said, has nothing else to sell! "

The Belgian government also committed unspeakable atrocities in Congo I have all the reason to be suspicious of white peoples! You have to be aware that chattel slavery and vicious oppression NEVER existed in pre-colonial Africa! And, "tribalism" was introduced by the Western nations for their own purposes do you understand??

A white man is a white man. Your blood is not African! Thousand of years and over the last 100, 000 years you have been removed form Africa to make you Caucasoids, Caucasians, whites! But you try to rob the rightful children of Africa their racial and cultural identity. You white liberals so-called "Afrocentrists" are white and not African. Your culture is not "African," and you have NO rights to Africa! The Europeans or whites in Africa are imperialists who became settler-colonialists stealing our lands by committing acts of terrorism against all dark-skinned peoples for economic gains. Be proud of YOUR OWN heritage!!!

B.K

ptaured7

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2005, 10:20:39 PM »

Racial purity and blood purity are myths.  Skin color is irrelevent. except where irational bigotry flourishes. The ancients did not distinguish the content of a person's character based on skin color.  That came along with Christianity, the Sons of Ham and all the misery and blood shed that has been wrought from the disciples of the tortured god of many names.  

There is no "pure" culture on this earth, niether are there any "pure bloodlines" or "races". Some attempts to realize this fantasy through various breeding programs most often  end in idiocy , genetic disorder, or physical malformalities. It also justifies genocide.  

This chaotic and disruptive star system our planet moves in jumbles life in short and far distances of time.  All current "unique" and "separate" cultures are born from inevitable diffusion and mixing of earlier forms.  This is the way of the universe.  

Human consciousness and culture evolve. There has always been "racial" mixing and always will be.  Bigotry is erased by time, albeit a long process.  Saying that one "accepts" but does not "like" children of "mulit-racial" unions is thinly vieled bigotry.  If a Bantu marries a Zulu, is this not a "multi racial" union? Considering the emnity each "racial" group has for the other in such a case, this might be unlikely.  Or does the fact that the skin is dark make the "blood line" the same and therefore something to "like" rather than "accept"?

David Duke and Pat Buchannen await the intolerant of all "races" to start their planned "culture wars," which are really race wars. Buchannen the neo confederate jerk is currently on the African American infotainment media cirquit spewing this line.   Some seem to be eating it up.  Meanwhile Buchannen's pals are winking.  

Our common ancestor ultimately is a rat like creature and before it, an amphibian.  Unless of course you beleive in the stories invented by our controllers to keep us all battling each other, forever slaves.

I can't believe I am writing this again.  The examples throughout history of this fact are legion.  There is no possible detraction from it.  The last time I wrote of this , one contributor demonstrated exceptional ignorence of history, not normal for this site, and brought forward an ugly racial slur to make a point.  I did not visit this site for many weeks in frustration as a consequence of it.  

Polarities emphasizing people's inability to co-exist based on "race" or culture in a world of 6 billion people is suicidal.   All can be rectified through massive education about culture, history and other dynamics molding the human being into various shapes.  Do not condemn experimenters.  Without us, the species dies.

We can handle it this way or we can create big armies and war machines to slaughter each other, as one prominant contributer to this site suggested was the answer to AFrica's problems, more military spending.  All in the name of racial purity?.  

P7

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2005, 11:05:44 PM »

ptaured7,

I say I am not against interracial children if they consider themselves part of black peoples, and when they speak well of black peoples. They are part of black peoples because they are direct descents of blacks period. Why are you ashamed of being what you are? Caucasoids, Caucasians, or whites genetic mutation happened over the past 100, 000 years ago making you white. The last time I checked our looks, culture, and nature differ. Plus, the birth of racism theories without a doubt was initiated by whites to justify their imperialism and colonial rule. So you cannot not accuse Black Nationalists to try to fend themselves favoring their own especially when for centuries a great many whites have enforced the racist theory of the inferiority of black peoples without scientific evidence, but historical facts prove otherwise!

Besides, blacks are the original race on the planet and from the black race all other races evolved it is obvious we are a pure race. Unlike your race my race didn’t developed out of your race. And, you are talking nonsense about the inter marriage among indigenous Africans; The Zulu are Bantu Africans their roots are with all Bantu peoples. Many black Africans mate with black Africans of different ethnic groups, castes, and classes it is sound. I am a child of a Kongo father and a Ngala mother it still makes me a pure African with internationalities. All indigenous Africans are Bantus or Batwas with very much the same racial genetics, culture, history, sociology, and philosophy this is reality.

B.K

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: