Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:48:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 457 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  condom or "CON DOME"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: condom or "CON DOME"  (Read 33188 times)
nubianqueenx

« on: January 16, 2008, 04:42:57 AM »

GREETINGS EVERYONE
i have been pondering over the thought of "what is a condom really"
i had a conversation with a couple of rastafarian friends some time back, and the conversation gravitated to how blind we are to to the social ills created by babylon, and one friend used the example of a condom and explained it a a "con dome" saying that it is another capitalist trick to kill the black nation or reduce it,  he was basically anti-condoms.I would like to know what your thoughts are on this, should condoms be used, is it wrong, is it right,and if it is wrong how can people with intimate relationships have safe sex or should they only have sex only for pro creation and not recreation and bonding?Huh??
i'll really appreciate any replies on this topic because i find it really confusing, im not yet sexually active and before i do i want to be sufficiently informed in oder to make informed decisions on this issue morally and otherwise

thank you and much respect
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:49:50 AM »

if you are using a condom to prevent pregnancy, there are natural alternatives to prevent preganancy such as neem, and mexican wild yam root.  If you are using a condom to prevent infection, maybe you should reevaluate your mate
nubianqueenx

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 03:20:57 AM »

thank you very much for your wise reply, before it i was ignorant to the fact that there are other natural alternatives in preventing pregnancy, i shall definately do some research on them. but i still wonder about the "con dome" thing if anyone can expand on that id appreciate it deary
thank you
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »

many people dont realize that there are a lot of products on the market that are deemed safe, but in actuality cause far more harm than good... As a womban you must overstand that first your body is a temple of the Most High.. When you come to overstand this, you're self worth should be great, and you should question all and everything that can cause potential harm...

???Condoms are made of a synthetic material, and these days they add all types of "pleasure enhacing chemicals" to them, that you must question what they will do to the natural makeup of fluids and activity in your vagina..

???Sanitary Napkins i.e. Maxi pads, tampons, etc...are bleached, and cause harm once again to the your feminine balance..

???Hair/body wash products with cancer causing Sodium Laurel Sulfate and other chemicals not only cause your hair to fall out, but put you on a 1st class trip to developing cancer.

???baby oils, and lotions containing vasiline, which is a petroleum by product and mineral oil, which is not meant for our skin...

???toothpaste containing fluoride, do nothing for our teeth, but instead, do the very opposite of what it is claimed to do..

As a womban we have to be very conscious of our bodies and everything that comes into contact with it, especially if you do or plan to have children...

There is always a more natural and safer alternative to everything...Remember Herbs are for the healing of nations
nubianqueenx

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 06:15:24 AM »

Still an Empress you have really enlightened me
i have also always felt the way you do about all these products, but i did'nt have a substantial reason why,
you telling me this just confirms my feelings,i really didnt think there was anything wrong with baby oil. so wat u saying is that we should rather use herb based products?
i wish i had your wisdom, but i will definately seek the right kind of information.
what altrnative do you think can be used instead of pads?
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »

there are many companies that manufacture pads without the harmful chemicals, if there is a whole foods market near you, I'm sure they will carry these brands...most health food stores do carry these as well. Natracare and Women's Health are few brands that I know of...Instead of baby oil, you can use almond oil
nubianqueenx

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 04:29:28 AM »

thank you very much i was actually about to ask you what you think would be a good alternative for baby oil, i have been taking into account everything you have taught me, i really am trying to change my lifestyle  but its really difficult esspecialy when it comes to food. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:55:34 AM »

Believe me I have had the same questions and concerns, when I first changed my lifestyle.. I started to do a lot of research on alternative medicine, and just a healthier lifestyle in general, just continuously seek knowledge in this journey, and you will love the rewards
nubianqueenx

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 03:11:55 AM »

i bought that almond oil and the results are great i used on my face as well and its really helping with my acne, and im currently doing some research on different oils and herbs. what would you suggest i use for flu, its really bad even my eyes are tearing up
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »

I dont know how readily available, most herbs are for you, but you can try this webiste, they also have some god health articles, www.dherbs.com
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 09:31:54 AM »

also for acne, i use african black soap, depending on where you live, they may have the dudu osum brand available
nubianqueenx

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 02:38:02 AM »

wow i hope we have that in my country is it found in normal health shops?i just bought sesame seed oil for my hair, which is better jojoba oil or the former.
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 02:38:49 PM »

Actually for my hair I use ayurveda  oils, which are indian hair oils:
Shikaki, Amla, Brahmi, Dabur Vatika oils etc..you can get them on amazon or ebay..I usually make a mixture of the oils, and massage my scalp the night before i wash my dreads, i then make  a tea with specific hair powders of Amla, Brahmi, Shikakai, Aritha, Henna,, and pour some of my oil mixture in the tea, and cleanse my dry head, and then proceed with a natural shampoo, some decent ones can be bought online @ www.naani.com, however the tea mixture is a light cleanser in itself, because of the aritha powder, which is basically soapworth....

For the african blacksoap, you an buy them online @ ziongates.com, for like $3.50 they also have sheabutter there...

If you need more advice, feel free to drop me your email, and I'll offer as much help that I can, I too know how difficult it is to be healthy in babylon, when everything healthy costs an arm and a leg
nubianqueenx

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 03:13:19 AM »

greetings Empress, thats exactly how i feel, i just can't get much access to healthy stuff i really have to hustle, thanks 4 the sites i'll definately check them out, you dont know how much help you have been, i was ready to give up, my email adress is nubianqueenx@webmail.co.za
when you email me can you tell me what kind of soya is best because i hear that some brands are really bad for you.
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »

sorry i'm not tooo big on Soy, it never really sat well with my stomach, and smell of soya chunks makes me sick...I believe it comes down to fermented and unfermented soy, and obviously you're not going to find the decent ones in lets say walmart...my email is dehrastagal@yahoo.com.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: