Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25912 Posts in 9968 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 370 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  FEELINGS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FEELINGS  (Read 7525 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: April 07, 2004, 12:27:42 PM »

It seems an unhappy or upsetting feeling for the majority of Whites to recognize their unbalanced power and often harsh, rude, selfish and unloving destructive behavior. If a few Whites pretend to really have a deep concern for humanity. Then, one important step for them to tune with their higher consciousness (compassion) is to experience the wide range of feelings of anger of Blacks. Often, however, Whites want everybody to think positively, as to not hurt their negative feelings. They are very surprised when Blacks feel their negative feelings even more than themselves.

Black anger (Whites erroneously called it Black racism) is expressed because our true power has been suppressed and other people have undue power over us. We Blacks are surrounded, by the encompassing racist White Supremacist oppression. We experience and see the slaughter and abuse of our people each day via domestic and international terrorism, the Neo Nazis, the racist news media, racial profiling, racist police depts., racist police acquittals, drops in Black college, drops in Black employment as a result of an AA repeal, destruction of Black national identity, forcing democracy on our nations and punishing some of them by imposing sanctions and embargoes on them for refusing to follow Western instructions. In addition, the IMF, the World Bank, the WTO, the EU, The G8 and Nato all are agents of White Supremacy and leave us in utter confusion and weakness only to benefit White people.  

Therefore, from what we experience and see daily, many Black people who are growing more conscious like myself  express their anger. It's very positive. It means we are reclaiming our power. I encourage Blacks to allow themselves to be angry as to feel more and regain their personal power. Next, we have to draw this anger inward to heal ourselves consciously. Only then, we will stop feeling helpless and we will be able to use this energy to change the outside world that has been violating us for 400 years. If Blacks resist this intense sensation they are experiencing, they will have more pain. So, we must learn to listen to this feeling that is part of a powerful flow of energy that will enrich our lives.

Similarly, if White conscious seekers do not allow themselves to feel the anger of Blacks in their lives thoughtfully, they will never experience and release their own conscious or unconscious racist emotional blocks and learn to live in a more enlightened compassionate way. Personal responsibility is the hallmark of successful living for all human beings on this planet because a substantial healing only occur when people are willing to hear their inner and other people feelings.

Bantu Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

I'm glad I don't withold my anger...I find that can be toxic and cause a person to eventually crack! We sure shouldn't be "happy" about the shituation our people are in globally! Nor should anyone expect us to be! Unfortunately, so many of us repress the anger, we often cause it to become self destructive, venting it on ourselves, family, or community at large. we can look at many of our youth as an example. We have many angry youth...They are angry and don't yet comprehend why or at what, or what they can do about it. If we can organize, we can direct that anger into fuel for change...Good post Bantu Kelani, I hope people listen to you.

Forward to a united Africa!
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 02:30:59 AM »

Thank you sister for always commenting my posts with good remarks!
True, these days many Blacks repress their emotional anger in their unconscious and as a result express low, ignorant, self-hating, degrading, slimy and useless lives. The intelligent, strong, powerful Black people are obviously those who do not fear their anger. They experience it and transform it into a strong expression of passion. Every Black man or woman is a more or less victim of the racist white supremacy ideology and mechanism. The bottom line is the majority of Whites works to maintain historical white male privilege in this world. And Whites and Black Uncle Toms alike seem to want Blacks like us to shut up, accept our fate and quit complaining. That is serious denial when race relations are nothing harmonious. It really takes a strong Black man or woman to not cloud his or her emotions and use them to fight and redress the racist white supremacy system.

Blacks are their worst enemy if they repress their own rage and power because anger takes poor Black souls and lifts them to white power. It's important, however, to remember to let our higher consciousness guide this energy or we will treat Whites in similar antagonism they have been treating us for the last 400 years. Also, the enlightened compassion feeling in Whites remove denial and their ignorance of the racist social reality of Blacks in this world. So, let us all give our emotions a voice to heal.

Bantu Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: