Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:08:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25912 Posts in 9968 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 27 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Rasta withn bad mouth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rasta withn bad mouth  (Read 5759 times)
terry

Roots

« on: September 13, 2004, 03:21:54 PM »

I have been dating a rasta man for the past six months.  What attracted me to him was that he spoke of peace, plan to do good for others.  He only listen to positive music and discouraged me to listen to anything else but reggae.

It didn't take long.  Three months of dating we got in an argument.  I was shocked to hear that he called me all the bad names most I never used; such as bitch, ass h etc.  

I'm not saying based on my experience all the rastas are like this, but I'm really confused and dissapointed because this has changed the way I think of rasta people.  Huh
preach

Roots

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 11:26:08 PM »

Besides being a rasta he is a man involved in a relationship. His reactions were motivated by emotion, and in heated situations our natural instinct is to defend ourselves. Oftentimes we try to hurt or insult the person whom we feel has threatened us. You have put rasta man/people on a pedestal, and your guy may be responsible for this. Yes it is hurting when the person whom we put in such high esteem has disappointed us but this does not give you the right to generalize. Also I believe some names are befitting of an individuals actions. What actually occured ( forgive me if I am being too personal ) to make him lash out at you? And if it was not warranted, your guy must deal with his personal demons and learn some restraint and respect. Don't give up on the movement daughter, I have been there and still question things, but be watchful of specific individuals.

one love

love
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: