Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 457 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  The CIA, Crack Cocaine and the Black Community
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The CIA, Crack Cocaine and the Black Community  (Read 6740 times)
Yann

Ayanna's Roots

« on: January 05, 2005, 09:11:54 AM »

The CIA, Crack Cocaine and the Black Community

The Death of Gary Webb

On Monday, Dec. 12, I read in the obituary section an article regarding the death of Gary Webb, the reporter for the San Jose Mercury News and author of the book entitled “Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras and the Crack Cocaine Explosion.” On Friday, Dec. 10, movers found the body of Gary Webb in his California home. As they entered the door, a note attached to it said, “Please do not enter. Call 911 and ask for an ambulance.” He was found with a gunshot wound to the head—which was later described as a suicide.

For those of you who may not remember this reporter, on August 18, 1996, Gary Webb wrote a series of articles for the San Jose Mercury News, bearing the same name as the book, to expose the fact that the CIA worked with a drug cartel group in Nicaragua, in particular, who brought in cocaine that was later converted to crack cocaine. This crack cocaine, which first hit the West Coast and then spread throughout America, was the new craze in the Black community. Full Article
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 04:02:25 PM »

By Al Giordano,
Posted on Wed Dec 15th, 2004

I keep imagining the last moments of Gary’s life. He is looking down the barrel of a gun. His eyes are puffy from the swell of too many tears. The moving van is coming to his house near Sacramento, a place he never wanted to be in the first place, to which he was exiled years ago for the crime of telling a powerful but uncomfortable truth. Everyone he has ever trusted or loved has abandoned him: By that I mean everyone, including you and me. What he is about to do requires the utmost in courage: to pull the trigger and plunge into the unknown, perhaps into nothingness, never to write or report or tell his truth to the post-human mortals who couldn’t handle his truth anyway.

Full Article....
http://narcosphere.narconews.com/story/2004/12/15/184725/08
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: