Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 31 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Female Gential Mutilation,A Barbaric Practice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Female Gential Mutilation,A Barbaric Practice  (Read 39678 times)
Jaclyn_05
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 04:36:39 PM »

I think this procedure is sick. People need to stop doing this to women and treat their bodies with the respect they deserve. I don't understand how this is allowed to go on anywhere, especially to girls who can't even make the decisions about the procedure themselves. I didn't realize how often this actually occurs all over the world and nothing has been done to stop it. I started to reserach this as part of an assignment and have gained a lot of knowledge about this problem women are facing. My heart go's out to anyone who has been forced to deal with this.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 07:41:40 PM »

Blessings Yan,
i too have being realizing it, it is also happening on the general forum about this same topic, I can't pin point who it is exactly, hope someone come forward and clarify this for both of us

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
athalyah

Roots

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2005, 08:44:14 AM »

I'm glad I'm being educated about FGM. But what saddens me the most is that it comes out of our Mother land and it's a cultural practice. Africa is rich and diverse and there is a lot of beautidul things that have come out of African but this surely is not one of them.My heart goes out to the young girls that are going through this or have gone through this. I belive as always that one day we'll break free from all these cultural identities and the Most High will enlighten His chosen people.
Yah Bless
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: