Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 01:47:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25895 Posts in 9961 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 121 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Mainstream Religion (Moderator: Tyehimba)
| | |-+  White Rastas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: White Rastas  (Read 22414 times)
8: Undefined offset: 1
File: /home/rastafar/public_html/reasoning/Sources/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php
Line: 286
Son_of_Sellassie

Roots

« on: April 22, 2004, 03:27:46 PM »

I am a white male in America, Wondering....... why are their people that believe somebody with my skin color cannot possibly believe in the teachings of Haillie Sellassie. See, I know and not beleive where every man woman and child was created, I know WHO the creator of every man woman and child is and that man is His Imperial Majesty, Haillie Sellassie I.
I know that we are all one being, just many divided under the sun. Iam am and will allways be faithful to my rasta beliefs and fellow rastas. If there is any for or against me please write I need the input, Thanks .
Son_of_Sellassie

Roots

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 03:30:08 PM »

P.S: Email me at Son_of_Sellassie@hotmail.com
out_of_Zion

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 07:40:43 PM »

Just as INI wonder why a devoted follower of HIM can't spell his name right.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 08:56:17 PM »

Blessings and Greetings Son_of_Selassie

Honestly it is not that we don't believe that white people can't believe in Rastafari,it is just some black people cling tightly to Rastafari because it seems to be the only black culture left which isn't too overly populated or taking over by whites also it is how many white people put it over many sport the hairstyle and claim they rastafari and many don't fully understand the teachings of Rastafari.Rastafarism has gone beyond colour,race and stereotype, it has being judge and received wrongly by many who donot fully understand the guidance and teachings of HIM whether black or white.
It is beyond of knowing who the creator is Son_of_Selassie anyone can know who the creator is but does that really mean they are rastafari? Rastafari is more than that it is a way of life, a understanding of oneself,and gaining enlightment from researching thyself and become one unite with thyself and surroundings and our ancestors gone before us, and the MotherLand and many more things which make up Rastafari.

And in my views from your post INI wonders how much about Rastafari do u know? and how deep are u into it? cause from the surface of ur post one clearly sees you don't really have a clue what it is to be Rastafari and what it deals with.Also i think you should read the article The Re-evolution of Rastafari by Tyehimba.It is a very soul searching food for thought article,maybe you will get something from it.

Remember Rastafari is livity not a commercial fantasy
Much Blessings

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 11:48:39 AM »

I am a white male in America, Wondering....... why are their people that believe somebody with my skin color cannot possibly believe in the teachings of Haillie Sellassie. See, I know and not beleive where every man woman and child was created, I know WHO the creator of every man woman and child is and that man is His Imperial Majesty, Haillie Sellassie I.
I know that we are all one being, just many divided under the sun. Iam am and will allways be faithful to my rasta beliefs and fellow rastas. If there is any for or against me please write I need the input, Thanks .

Think about this: when someone shows you a hammer, why do you insist on hitting yourself in the head with it?
Son_of_Sellassie

Roots

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 02:00:11 PM »

Iam sorry if my post did not reflect I in the fullest. I was on a time constraint. I have found that the light of Rastafari has made me a better man and has straightened my ethics to a better level.I love myself and all those around me . I assure I am not following the path of commercial-ism. I overstand that Rastafari is one of the few things that blacks have left of there own, I respect that. The last thing i want to do is take over and to be shun by brethren and sistren. please reply.