Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 38 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Arts & Music (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White Jesus Jewelry Made By Kayne West
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: White Jesus Jewelry Made By Kayne West  (Read 38135 times)
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 01:15:10 PM »

i remember on that song "Geezus" walks that Kanye said,"it doesnt matter if jesus was white or black",lol.obviously it does matter if one race has been trying to force it on another for CENTURIES.Duh

Jesus never existed! He is a figment of the Europeans imagination. The Klansmen talk about "Jesus" are they "conscious"? Dozey

Kayne West is still an ignorant Black-American who is the victim of whites oppressions period.

B.K

I can't decide if Yeshua actually existed or if he is the continuation and culmination of the many myths of other cutltures (Ausar for one)....but both of your posts ring true to me.

Kanye West shows his ignorance by saying the image of the Florintinian Fagot that he thinks is his God "walks with him"(He thinks his protector savior through life looks like this!? In other words he thinks a white man is his savior and "walks with him"...not a message I think African youth need for progression.)"...I wonder if his version of Yeshua has a "piece and chain" too???...lol...Come on now...this guy is NOT sending a possitive message. It's just that everything else is so horrible, it making this fool look good.

Forward to a united Africa!
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 02:18:02 PM »

Kanye West shows his ignorance by saying the image of the Florintinian Fagot that he thinks is his God "walks with him"(He thinks his protector savior through life looks like this!? In other words he thinks a white man is his savior and "walks with him"...not a message I think African youth need for progression.)"...I wonder if his version of Yeshua has a "piece and chain" too???...lol...Come on now...this guy is NOT sending a possitive message. It's just that everything else is so horrible, it making this fool look good.

True dat sis! Faces to the immorality of BET hip-hop music and videos, the mass of Black people doesn't know REAL conscious lyrics... It's a shame this boy Kayne is wearing the whiteness of the Jesus who blesses the men who rape our women, lynch our youth, and then kill us with everyday living! Kayne West is thus a resolute idiot. He's just a money making monger. Many young Black children are buying into his niggerism sigh..  

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 09:11:11 PM »

Honestly I dont know if Yeshua existed or is just a make up tale, but honestly i do have to agree with Bantu when you state that most black don't know about real conscious lyrics,to me it is just that most blacks primarily the youth would prefer to listen to what is hot now like 50cent,Yin yan twins or D12 than to listen to Bob Marley,Peter Tosh,Sizzla or even Capelton because most youth are rapped in this ghetto mentality and if you aint singing about how much cash and girls you got or how much people you killed you aint worth listening too and that is just how it is seen in a yout eyes and that why many of them are so brainwashed and so far gone and too deep into it to realise at least for now.And kanye's stunt has carry the brainwashing further and also shows the great side effects of it believing that a white blonde hair blue eyes man can be a saviour for the black people but i guess this saying fits him:
Ignorance,timidty and laziness of one show how great these masters are at enslaving the mind, body and soul.

Bless

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 02:23:41 AM »

I can't decide if Yeshua actually existed or if he is the continuation and culmination of the many myths of other cutltures (Ausar for one)....

Honestly I dont know if Yeshua existed or is just a make up tale...

kanye's stunt has carry the brainwashing further and also shows the great side effects of it believing that a white blonde hair blue eyes man can be a saviour for the black people but i guess this saying fits him:
Ignorance,timidty and laziness of one show how great these masters are at enslaving the mind, body and soul.

Bless

Well sisters, in looking at the inclusive evidence of an historical Jesus I say it has been suggested that there have lived in Syria sometime between 10 BCE and 1 BCE two or more religious teachers bearing the name Jesus, Jehoshua, Yoshua or Yeshua and the lives of these men have been confused with the Khemitic mythical personages grafted from the spiritual philosophy of ancient Khemit. Several of these teachers were crucified, which was a common execution form at the time.

Was one of those teachers the Christ or the messiah? I doubt it because it is accepted worldwide that the name and personality of "Christ" represents the Solar Power or Deity worshipped by every nation of antiquity, which represents the latent Divinity in all humans. The Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism and Confucism religions consider "Jesus Christ" as being just another character in Western religious mythology, on a par with Thor, Zeus and Asuar (Osiris). Most Hindus do not believe in Jesus Christ, but those who do consider him to be one of the many avatars of the Hindu god Vishnu. Muslims certainly do not believe in Jesus the Christ either. They reject the New Testament story and consider him to be a prophet who announced the coming of Muhammad. In addition, there is no historical story of Jesus the Christ, which is uniformly accepted worldwide. I thus hold to the belief that "Jesus the messiah" was a FICTIONAL character just like Abraham, Moses, Aaron, David, Judah, Brahman, Buddha and more.

It has been the work of White Christians to impose and monopolize the White images of "Christ", which goes along with the manifestations of White supremacy. The Christian Church forces the doctrines of lies and alibis for oppression. The White/blonde/blue eyed Jesus Christ has been historically used by Whites to enslave Blacks the world over. Their creator "God" or "Jesus" stray the African people from their African authenticity of spirituality rather than bringing our people closer to getting genuine spiritual satisfaction. I dislike this religion intensely. It permits dogmatic, self-righteous, destructive rhetoric and superficial behavior. It is sterile and inorganic. That is why Christian followers Blacks like Whites often have to look outside the religion (Kabbalah, Astrology, Zen, Shamanism, etc.) to acquire the genuine spirituality that is lacking in its religion.

It makes no sense that Kayne West, a so-called "conscious" rapper, follows the images and rhetorical ethics of hypocrites. Those of our people who profess a love for the European model of Jesus Christ must be challenged about their beliefs if we are to progress towards true Liberation. We cannot as Conscious Black people achieve the path towards liberation if it is blocked by a White Jesus Christ on the minds of too many of our people. The Christian Church is still the bulwark of racism today, so it is clear that a concept of African personality and a complete freedom can never happen if it is in condition of copying the European cultural standards.

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
SELAM

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2004, 01:35:26 PM »

Greetings In The Name of The Most High,

Oshun said, "but then again we all should have known from jump. He is signed to 'Rockafella'." You know what the 1st time I heard his lyrics, then found out he was on Rockafella I thought the exact same thing... Not to say my theory is full proof, but this is my take on Mr. Kanye West:

Black America has in the recent future adopted this face of Afro-centricity. Girls with their pretty tapered fros, guys with their dreadlocks, & leather medallions that recite the name of His Imperial Majesty in vain is simply a fad. While some of our youth may actually find deeper meaning & fulfillment by educationg themselves, for the most part it just looks good. Ask the average young African American why they have chosen to wear their hair in it's natural state & I guarantee their will be some hesitance. Bcuz they don't know. We are lost & willing to invest time & money in whatever looks "cool" at the time & may give us a since of belonging in this foreign land.

Rockafella knows this, they know what's in style, they know what will sell. They know that our people are looking to be pacified with strong rhetoric & words that will "ok" our wrong doings. What a great business decision it was for Rockafella to invest in Kanye. He appeals to the poor & down trodden, however his motives is to make money. Not to uplift the people, but to rob them.

This jewelry is simply what Africans are taught to do in America. Take Take Take. While in turn we are feeding the system. We are making money for this land... taking it directly from our people. He is simply a pawn & his charm & appeal through his "righteous" messages is simply another tool being used to get our people to invest in useless junk like this dazzling Jesus.

Peace.

Until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes...
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 03:01:47 PM »

Good point. I am old enough to remember this happening before...de ja vu perhaps...Remember when everyone was sporting Africa medallions and beads while wearing red, black, green, and gold, Kente cloth, and walking sticks? So many people and companies jumped on the band wagon and commercialized it....I was always teased for staying "stuck in that erra"...I didn't take my Africa medallion off until it fell apart. Everyone else moved on to the next "trend".

Forward to a united Africa!
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2004, 05:14:52 PM »

Dozey..Yes, we see how wearing certain African clothing doesn't make you a true African..

IMO, a desire for African identity and self-knowledge is expresses by defying and fighting the Euro-American neo-colonial system of oppression. For instance, to wear Erica Badu's head wrap (I might add she looked like she was wearing a bath towel) will not serve the African revolution, but a Pan-African Nationalism mental state and behavior will! At any rate, being materialist, selfish or individualist is not what it means to be a true African or a conscious person. (Cf. our boy Kayne)

B.K

Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2004, 08:09:53 PM »

Bantu wrote:
Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism and Confucism religions consider "Jesus Christ" as being just another character in Western religious mythology, on a par with Thor, Zeus and Asuar (Osiris). Most Hindus do not believe in Jesus Christ, but those who do consider him to be one of the many avatars of the Hindu god Vishnu. Muslims certainly do not believe in Jesus the Christ either. They reject the New Testament story and consider him to be a prophet who announced the coming of Muhammad. In addition, there is no historical story of Jesus the Christ, which is uniformly accepted worldwide. I thus hold to the belief that "Jesus the messiah" was a FICTIONAL character just like Abraham, Moses, Aaron, David, Judah, Brahman, Buddha and more.

as i know Hindus who lived the communal life for sometime in Arizona with me,i will say the EXOTERIC teachings that the world gathers of this man,we know mostly has to do with the laws of the Sun and other Mystical things as well.in India,they know of a man called ISSA,who reasoned with the Brahmans about  the evils of the caste system and other things.of course their wouldnt be no Historical evidence because what ones know is what they give u,i will have to say Je-sus represents the Mythical,while Yahshua the Physical.theirs certain schools of thought that know of a man WAY DIFFERENT from the one of whom u speak that was a Yogi master,and not just the sun.in the Qu'ran,Allah says that Je-sus didnt die on the cross,but live till a RIPE OLD AGE,just like the early Gnostics (who combined the Greek mysteries with Kristianity)knew.if u were to go to the Buddhists and tell them that Buddha wasnt real,they would just walk away.the things that he did,we could do to,so how wasnt he HUMAN on earth?wasnt he like one of us?

Now for Kanye West,he's one of the people that says,its not about the skin color,but what he,like i said before,if its not about the skin color,WHY was the white imaged FORCED on us?i think hes trying to get money from this,but he doenst see the big picture.

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: