Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:36:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Origin Significant to Spirituality???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Origin Significant to Spirituality???  (Read 8678 times)
SELAM

« on: July 23, 2004, 07:10:24 PM »

Greetings In The Name of The Most High,

In your opinions, is there any significance in knowing where & from what group of ppl one comes from to one's spirituality? If yo do feel as though this is a must-know, please guide me towards the direction of finding my origins...

I believe that me finding out what part of Africa & what ppl my ancestors belonged to is very important to my spiritual development. However, I have no idea where to start; all i know is that my mother's grandparents were slaves & my father & his family come from belize...

so, if anyone knows something or somewhere i can go to find out more or simply some reasoning concerning the issue of origins it would be deeply appreciated.

SELAM

Until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes...
OlOrisa_Olokun

Orisa Priest in Training

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 10:57:36 AM »

you know your family is from belize. this is very significant. you should begin by asking your family members about your family history. this is the only way. no shortcuts. how can we help if you hold all the keys?

yes, finding your own ancestral path will be very instrumental.

When we have the determination to restrain our lower desires, the door is opened for us to fulfill our highest aspirations.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: