Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:09:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Mainstream Religion (Moderator: Tyehimba)
| | |-+  The Second Coming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Second Coming  (Read 56395 times)
siger

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 11:41:21 PM »

i digress....

allow me to leave with this said,....

rev 22:16 ".... i am the bright and morning star...."

go figure.
I was looking for reason, not argument

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
YAHBESH BEN YISRAYL

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 03:11:22 AM »

No arguement here brother.When he speaks on the morning star its a comparison to the brightest light! If you want reason, read Deut 17:3 - AND THEY HAVE GONE AND SERVED OTHER GODS AND WORSHIPPED THEM, EITHER SUN, OR THE MOON, OR ANY HOST OF HEAVEN, WHICH I HAVE NOT COMMANDED. And if you keep reading through verse 5 you will see what the heavenly father suggests what should happen to these people of Deut. 17:3.( Now remember these are not my words, but words of the MOST HIGH!)          SHALOM

P.S Sincerely, I'm not here to argue with you brother, the only reasoning I can find is through the scriptures because thats where I get ansewers. I 'm starting to believe through our replies there was a misunderstanding. I'm all about understanding over arguing( prov.4:7). And I'm also all about 1 Thes.5:21- PROVE ALL THINGS; HOLD FAST TO WHICH IS GOOD! 
Horus

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 03:03:28 PM »

In spite of what the Christians preach, if the Messiah Jesus was to return today, in the image that he is portrayed, he would not be accepted by the masses of the people.
They have depicted him as a Caucasian revolutionary middle-aged man dressed in hippie clothes, talking about love and peace for everyone. People would consider him as being crazy (as they said about the hippies of the 60’s) or try to kill him because he would be a threat to the devil’s economic success.
Money is the concern at hand, not the salvation of your soul.

Still_an_Empress

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »

Actually, in the 2nd coming, he will be coming to judge the living and the dead, not preach to anyone, his second coming is judgment day, or the "apocalypse" so I really dont think they would have an option of killing him
Horus

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 06:27:51 AM »

The end of the world has nothing to do with religion, but it does have to do with you and what you do from this point on. Do you really think that Jesus, or the Messiah, or whoever you are waiting for is coming for you or anybody else with the world in the state it’s in? And you haven’t changed. You still want any and everything that makes life more convenient which if the Messiah was to come with a New World, a New Jerusalem, it would eventually end up the same way because it happened before. And, each time they try it ends up even worse then before.
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 08:07:13 AM »

The end of the world has nothing to do with religion, but it does have to do with you and what you do from this point on. Do you really think that Jesus, or the Messiah, or whoever you are waiting for is coming for you or anybody else with the world in the state it’s in? And you haven’t changed. You still want any and everything that makes life more convenient which if the Messiah was to come with a New World, a New Jerusalem, it would eventually end up the same way because it happened before. And, each time they try it ends up even worse then before.

Point taken, but if you look at it from a Christian/Catholic point of view, when you say:
 "...if the Messiah was to come with a New World, a New Jerusalem, it would eventually end up the same way because it happened before. And, each time they try it ends up even worse then before."

They don't believe that, because once that "New World/New Jerusalem comes there would be no more sin.. it's like we all go to heaven, and live the way we first intended to live, but this blessings only applies to those who have lived a good life in the eyes of the creator now here on earth prior to the armageddon...
Horus

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 06:57:29 PM »

Are the mansions in heaven that the righteous are to live in similar to those here on Earth? (John 14:2)
siger

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 11:25:27 AM »

so im sorry to bring it up again. But I was going through some of these and i noticed or recalled Yabesh' attempts at ridicule. It is sad that i dont remember why i did not bother with them at the time. Maybe i was feeling stronger.

Son of Ham?
I know of no Ham. This is something that the devil wrought, this concept that the son who saw Noah's nakedness goes on to sire the African.
Afterall does the Good Book not say that Ham's kid will serve?
I imagine that the learned Hebrew that Yabesh was quoted some nefarious source, a hallmark of the lullabies (probably) whispered to little white kids by night, when they asked parents who did not know better why all the slaves in town were black.

But Yabesh refers to me as Son of Ham not just once, so clearly there are some feel-good hormones going round.
*Wait, thats why i did not respond in the first place. The remark was meant to solicit such a response. I see.

I know of no Ham. But the one you seek is called Canaan.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: