Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 139 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome  (Read 10007 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: July 23, 2005, 11:37:11 PM »

Blessings and Hotep to one all

I come to shed some insight on this topic, Since I was recently diagnose with this syndrome it is a hard blow to deal with all at once and I am trying to cope with it but I come to give some sistrens out there some knowledge to those who may have some of the same symptoms and I encourage them to go to the doctor and find out what it is going on with the InI body.Do not wait.Also research is good to find out what is going on with the body

Guess you all are wondering what Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is:

PCOS is a health problem that can affect a woman’s menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones, insulin production, heart, blood vessels, and appearance. PCOS have these characteristics:
Women with high levels of male hormones, also called androgens
an irregular or no menstrual cycle
may or may not have many small cysts in their ovaries. Cysts are fluid-filled sacs.
PCOS is the most common hormonal reproductive problem in women of childbearing age.

What causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
No one knows the exact cause of PCOS. Women with PCOS frequently have a mother or sister with PCOS. But there is not yet enough evidence to say there is a genetic link to this disorder. Many women with PCOS have a weight problem. So researchers are looking at the relationship between PCOS and the body’s ability to make insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates the change of sugar, starches, and other food into energy for the body’s use or for storage. Since some women with PCOS make too much insulin, it’s possible that the ovaries react by making too many male hormones, called androgens. This can lead to acne, excessive hair growth, weight gain, and ovulation problems.

What are the symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?

These are some of the symptoms of PCOS:

infrequent menstrual periods, no menstrual periods, and/or irregular bleeding
infertility or inability to get pregnant because of not ovulating
increased growth of hair on the face, chest, stomach, back, thumbs, or toes
acne, oily skin, or dandruff
pelvic pain
weight gain or obesity, usually carrying extra weight around the waist
type 2 diabetes
high cholesterol
high blood pressure
male-pattern baldness or thinning hair
patches of thickened and dark brown or black skin on the neck, arms, breasts, or thighs
skin tags, or tiny excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
sleep apnea―excessive snoring and breathing stops at times while asleep

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/pcos.htm#1

These questions are posed to mainly the Kings on this forum,In relation to if your queen was infertile,

How would you react and feel if your queen was not able to bring forth any youths?

Do you think you would be able to understand the situation?

Would you leave you queen for someone else?

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
preach

Roots

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 02:28:18 AM »

I think such devastating news would attack the very core of a woman so much that it would test her mates manhood.  I personally would not leave if my queen were infertile. We have created a bond that existed before children so my absence would be like living a past lie. After time and healing adoption would be an option. 

love
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: