Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:57:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 116 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Wise words from an Ifa Babalawo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wise words from an Ifa Babalawo  (Read 9147 times)
Oshun Auset

« on: January 10, 2006, 06:52:34 PM »

"A child worships other peoples deities. He banishes those that belong to him. He despises his heritage and offers sacrifice to foreign deities. But one can only receive favors from ones own deities. One's families deities deserve to be worshipped". How can the immensity called "god" only be revealed to various cultures in one way?

...In my opinion as long as africans worship in a xtian or muslim way we will always take less from earth. Our entire way of life is backward. This is a fear based way of life hence the need for an artificial feeling of control. Control of woman, control of cultures it's ridiculous, we control nothing but what and how we think, and that control we have surrendered to our slavemaster.

This was in our ancestors cases not always by choice, it's genesis was fear based and it's continuance is also fear based. I salute my people who through trial and tribulation fight to throw off fear and embrace our common ancestors once again. No matter which african way you choose. You are entitled to all because you posess all by blood.

-Fagunwa
Ifayomi

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 03:05:51 AM »

Ase ase ase
Mo Dupe
This is the truth
Ifayomi
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: