Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:08:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 116 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Whatz wrong wit being Rasta?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Whatz wrong wit being Rasta?  (Read 19717 times)
Mo

Roots

« on: September 22, 2005, 08:41:01 AM »

Greetings All

i am from South Africa and i am follower of rastafari,not totally commited but seriously trying to live a life pure and natural strictly spiritual keeping a clear mind in all of the dwellings and obsticles facing a young man these days.

Any other brothers and siters feel like I do drop me mail,letz reason on being a Rasbeing all the while chanting down Babylon!

Give Thanks

Ites

Jah Rastafari
athalyah

Roots

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 04:09:17 PM »

Greetings Mo,

I'm might be wrong so feel free to correct me; but isn't a little easier to trod Rastafari being that you live in South Africa. You are living where many of us want to be.
Blessed
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 04:54:56 PM »

Greetings Mo and Blessings to you as well

It is a great thing to see a young man trying to fight down Babylon and overcome the obstacles, I overstand how you feel because even though you may live in the great homeland where we all want to reside your family,friends or peers may not be so accepting of your transition.

Blessings to you

and keep praying jah will see you through

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Mo

Roots

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 06:46:44 AM »

Let the fire burn!!

My brothers and sistahs,yes living in the fatherland is a blessing,but not with its downside as well.We have whole Rastafari communities,mainly based in the poorer parts of the region.Sort of like a "Trench Town",is there some way I could send some pictures depicting these beautifull villages,and likewise from you.

How good and how pleasant it would be before God and Man,to see the unification of all RastaMan,so letz get together and feel allright!

So letz bridge the gap and unify all over da world,we as man and woman!

JAH Bless
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 10:16:35 PM »

Blessings once more Mo

To put up images you can either place them in a message/post or in the photogallery we have on the site for all to see the beautiful motherland I am hoping to come there soon, it is on top of my list to visit as soon as i raise the funds for my trip.

Blessings and Hotep brethren

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Erastas

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 04:47:57 PM »

Greetings to the Most High Jah Ras Tafari

Nothing at all is wrong with being a RastaManWomanorchild.  The question should be...  What is right with becoming or trodding the road of Rasta.....Understanding the Genesis of the movement, Overstanding the need for a revival to correct World History..  It is bigger than becoming a RastaManWomanchild.  We say that Nat Turner had the Ras spirit...Fighting for the freedom of his people and to scortch the earth with judgment to the slave masters.  Many may not agree...  John Brown... according to his records.... depised slavery and wanted this wiped from the face of the earth....He is not popular in the History books.. He believed in Man being free...  Sellassie I believed in  nations being able to sit at the Human table and reason together, eat together and prosper together.  Not to dominate one over the other because of skin color.. but to prosper for humanity's sake.... Iunity If and only if people are seeking the truth can one realize the magnitude in which This movement has and will produce.  "Hieroglyphs" is one way that the Ancients communicated... Rasta is bringing this "hieroglyph" back to correct what wrongfully was misinterpreted and  misunderstood and in some cases fabricated ie the Piltdown Man......  Trod on brotha/ers and sista/ers
One Love
There are many mansion within the Mansion.....

Blessed be the peacemakers...
RAS KANA

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 09:24:22 PM »

mo-

nothing is wrong with being Rasta.  you say you are not fully committed?  Rastafari is growing.  If you keep trying to overstand and seek tha path Jah has for you, you will be content.  All rastas are still learning. 
bless up

RAS KANA
RasTshepo

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 05:43:21 AM »

Greetings my fellow brothers and sisters

First let me give thanks and praise to the Almighty Jah Rasta Fari, King of Kings, Lord of Lords.

I'm a 25 year old man from the southern tip of Africa, Cape Town. I've just recently acknowledged Rastafarism as my source of Ilivity, politically, religiously, and spiritually. But you see I'm still a child in Rastafarism and I'm slowly trying to fill my well of knowledge and overstanding with the teachings of Marcus Garvy and HIM Haile Sellassie I. It's difficult my brothers and sisters, I'm all alone in this pit of spiritual lonelyness and my friends don't seem to understand me when I try to reason with them from the teachings of Rastafari. Would you please take time to advice me how to go about this journey of mine, sources to read and any testamonies that will elevate me to a higher level of overstanding.

Jah guide,

Ras Tshepo   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: