Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Is it R A C E, or R E L I G I O N that is on most P E O P L E (s) mind today????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is it R A C E, or R E L I G I O N that is on most P E O P L E (s) mind today????  (Read 13437 times)
will

« on: September 01, 2007, 06:51:10 AM »

Both are very important subjects, but i find it interesting here on AfricaSpeaks that in recent history, the HOTTEST TOPICS are dealing with R A C E...  Since early July, two forums dealing with RACE has been viewed by more people than any others, and they have also received more replys than any other forums..

The THIRD MOST active FORUM deals with lesbian-ism...

There are a greater number of FORUMS that deal with R E L I G I O N, but these FORUMS are currently receiving a minute number of replys, and not many people are even viewing them, much less reading them in earnest....

Is this a TREND that will soon pass??? Or, are people beginning to show us a brand new attitude?Huh

To me, who we are as a people, and how our people will fare in comparison to & in competition, with other people(s) is far more important than how we should worship G O D..... After all, most X-tians believe in the same GOD head, but call him by different names, while others believe something entirely different...

i feel, that it makes no difference how or who you believe is-in charge of the UNIVERSE, if B L A C K people will continue to die & suffer at rate that is far greater than the rate of all others people(s)...

So i ask, "Why is that???"

If we are at the bottom of all other people, then we ARE DEFINITELY doing something W R O N G..... Could we be FOCUSING on the WRONG THINGS?Huh Or, are we being LEAD ASTRAY because we are listening to, and/or following the WRONG PEOPLE?Huh?

Seems to me that we need to start talking to each-other more, and closing our minds to others, if we really intend to get up off our butts as a PEOPLE, and start to do somethings for ourselves and for our MOTHER-LAND... Something that will make us all PROUD...

Running away from our responsibilities to other points in the D I A S P O R A and BLENDING-IN with those other PEOPLE reeks of cowardice & failure as a L E A D E R of MEN... How can we sit all glib, saying nothing when up to a thousand of our people are dying daily from poverty, disease & population control... We sit and watching TELEVISION, as it shows AFRICA fading from BLACK to WHITE....

Unless something is done quickly, THE AFRICAN CONTINENT will soon boast of it's 1st. majority non-AFRICAN POPULATION... And you are so very PROUD of being AFRICAN... but yet youprefer to live in the W E S T....

Why can't you Stand-up BLACK-MAN, and claim your rightful place in HISTORY???

P e a c e...

will

Will...

"Individuality" is a very good thing... but... "Team-Work" is way more "Better"...
will

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:56:45 PM »

i guess this T O P I C is a little too "HOT" for all you REAL AFRICANS to handle.. RIGHT?Huh

S o Okay, go ahead & sweep it back up under the carpet, while pretending we never saw it, if that makes you all feel better about yourselves...

And Peace

Will...

"Individuality" is a very good thing... but... "Team-Work" is way more "Better"...
Khem

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 02:28:01 AM »

Greetings to all, you got a great point there Will, I man comment is based on what I see where I come and that is Afrika. Most of our brothers and sisters here are more into religion than race. I think its because of lack of information that makes the situation the way it is and back here most people are not even aware of the things that make them suffer or even how the west and Europe influences their lives. Most believe religion will get them out of the situation. Most believe the more westenized the better their life becomes. Its a big challenge here to make people see things as they are, its just my observation.
Perfect Love!
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 09:40:27 AM »

Thank you for this post… as I have learned to see that many of our problems as a people come from lack of adequate education.. Too many times we as a people accept “so called truths” and never question them.  One of the biggest examples of this is religion.  Religion has caused wars, and enslaved.. Religion has made one race worthy to oppress another race, and it sickens me that people simply brush it off, because they don’t see it daily.  When I first went to college and took my African American Experience  course, I was shocked that so much knowledge about our history was left out of my history books, or “mistold.”  And what saddened me even more, was that many of my classmates, sat there disinterested while such knowledge was being bestowed upon them.  I firmly believe that if many schools, especially in the black communities adopted an African experience in the courses from the beginning, there would be a significant change in our youths, and therefore our society…  You see when you inform a child that his ancestors ran around like savages, as opposed to informing that child that his ancestors laid the foundation for humanity, your grooming that child to be less than what he/ she truly is.  Let’s start teaching our children how to reason and question that which we do not understand… Maybe I went off topic a bit…..
will

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 04:02:38 AM »

Greetings Khem...

Thanks for finally stepping off in here... It had began to feel like i was broaching a FORBIDDEN TOPIC... i understand that all people needs something to believe in; but when their FAITH & PRACTICES produce no results, then it's long past time to re-evaluate everything....

You don't  need any great amount of education, or outside information, in order to figure out that you are starving & so are your women and children... Death, disease & corruption is all around you; yet you see others with plenty while you have none... Some of the others have so much that they begin to look & act somewhat GOD-ly...

The worse yet is when things never get any better for the masses...  As a matter of fact, every since you first saw them, things have been getting worse for you, and continues to get worse  with each passing year... Then you also notice, that when the few among you leaves the nest, or moves up in life, they never come back to help out in any meaningful way...

That's not family... That's not AFRICAN... Our ANCESTORS taught us the COMMUNITY thing.... You know, "It takes a VILLAGE..."

Scoping things out a little closer, you see all these white people running everything...They never work hard, but still they run things... They also have plenty food, wine, money, bibles & guns... They give us all food to eat & bibles to read.. The ones they like most gets jobs & money... They give guns to the ones that show them the most loyalty, and who also, promises not to shoot at any of them... BLACKS CAN ONLY kill other BLACKS... That's the RULE...

i can't believe that WE BUY INTO THAT...

We have schools, Universities, Learned Scholars from AFRICA & abroad, entreprenuers... Many of them have extensive knowledge & experience with the WESTERN WORLD... With all their expertise, they could take charge & reshape AFRICA into the WORLDS greatest Metropolis, restoring the original values of our MOTHERLAND... We certainly have the manpower & a cheap labor force... All we need is some direction.... i know we can work better, harder, longer,  cheaper & with more purpose than anyone else can, so what what are we waiting for???

Since no one gives us a chance to prove it, then let's create our own JOBS & do for self...All we need is a COMMITMENT TO OURSELVES...

This is the time when information technology reigns supreme.. There is  no excuse for the masses to be ignorant, illiterate & inactive..  Let our AFRICAN ELITE devise means to awaken them & bring them along with us, into this 21th Century... i mean who are they working for, us, or them...

For our own well-being, why can't we re-invent the wheel,  AFRICAN-style & then do our own thing... Anything we can't build, then we don't need.. Stop borrowing all that money from other nations & the IMF..  Market & sell our own products & resources to them, instead of buying theirs...

KNOWLEDGE is POWER... E F F O R T & C O M M I T M E N T will get it DONE...

Peace..

Will...

will

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 05:04:14 AM »

Hello Empress...

Thanks for coming... And NO.. You are not off TOPIC...i agree with you, that a quality education is the key... A quality education designed with the Black youth in mind is imperative in bringing up our little ones into a well-rounded; well-adjusted adult envoronment....

In order to compete effectively with other RACES, they have to know the differences in them... They need to know the HOW & WHY of everything... Like how did things get this way, and why did our fore-fathers let it happen...

And then what part did the BIBLE play in all of it???

Problem we keep having is in expecting the governments to pay for this type education.. They'll never do it for us.. They'll never teach their kids that Columbus was only a pirate.. A murderer... a paid mercenary sent to a land that was fully inhabitated by a successful people with a different life-style, and that he led others in to annihilate a foreign populous...

We'll have to form our own schools, set our own curriculum & pay for it all ourselves in order to ensure that the JOB get's done correctly... Are you ready for that?Huh

Neither will they teach that low-life criminals were given their freedom & a big stake in AMERICA to come over & take this land away from the INDIANS while killing off virtually the whole indigenous population intentionally, with bullets & smallpox...

i don't believe they are proud of the whole SLAVERY thing either; but being of low morals, they've continued to wage war against us every since they first gained the advantage over us... First as physical SLAVES and then continues today, as mental SLAVES... We are still not free to do our thing in a land that they control...

For CONTROL, the BIBLE & any variation of their RELIGION will usually keep people in check... When you worship the same GOD-HEAD, then you seek relief from your BURDEN from their GOD... You wait patiently for the GOD in that BOOK to lift your BURDEN... If he doesn't do it before you die, then he'll do it for you when you get to HEAVEN...

Do you really believe that???

Remember, That book was translated in many different languages, and usually a WHITE MAN did all the translating....Okay?Huh And know that the "New TESTAMENTS" are less than 2000 years old....

Peace...

Will...

Horus

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 07:52:29 AM »

It is time to run away from the religious institution;We have become the laughing stock of every other race as we continue to trudge along,generation after generation, under the oppressive weight of the slave mentality that has gripped us for many centuries,and which will keep us as the defeated people that our detractors want us to remain.
Guys! our ancestors built the Pyramids and the Sphinx and gave birth to a civilization which others have so passionately tried to erase from the memory of mankinds history, and almost succeeded.Today we should be more focus on our race.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: