Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  White Rastas confused between beliefs & cultur
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: White Rastas confused between beliefs & cultur  (Read 101515 times)
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2003, 01:09:14 PM »

It is understandable that some Whites who are making an effort want to be seen as different from the rest. But people are not supposed to take this at face value. Such Whites should not expect automatic acceptance because of efforts. There are too many, WAY TOO MANY, Africans who are making a genuine effort to help themselves and others without recognition and without looking to be accepted by any one group.

There are Africans even on this board that are very enlightened but in their wisdom they will not try to ridicule people who are relentless in their effort to keep the African aspect of our work alive. If it were not for the efforts of many who work to keep the African focus alive, some of us will not be able to make time to address the other concerns (spiritual or otherwise).

Some whites really do feel sickened by the conduct of other whites when they see them continually come here asking silly questions and making derogatory statements. However SOME whites just stay on the side and observe the poor conduct of other whites, while they keep their focus on trying to correct the legitimate attitudes of Africans.

What would give some, who are simply making an effort, the feeling they can understand the depth of the legitimate distrust many Africans have for whites?

Why would some expect others to suddenly accept them as different solely by their word? Making an effort is not equal to change. And no one is obligated to believe someone at his or her word. We would have to wait for a new history of improvement before these attitudes can change.

Are Africans suddenly to stop legitimately generalizing because a few are making an effort? If some know they are different in the face of widespread racism then they should not be offended by a generalization, which is still legitimate. They should understand that for many Africans the struggle is a day-to-day affair where any error in judgement about white attitudes can cost them their lives. It is safer for many Africans to maintain the distrust and not dismiss the lessons of History.

Inside of many Whites who are making an effort is still the desire to tear down yet another African and many times the very Africans they would have 'learned' from. The same as most males who continually struggle to accept that a woman has all the rights she can perceive. The nuances of racism and male domination do not go away because one is making an effort.

Making an effort is part of a journey and not the destination.

Ones should take the time to reach the destination so they can truly understand the real distrust of many better-informed Africans.
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2003, 01:23:21 PM »

AMEN!!!!!

A royal bow due unto you Brothah Ayinde for bringing forth PURE pearls of wisdom! Muzik to my ears!

ASHE!

ROOTS
    Grin

SANKOFA!
Princess Tracey

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2003, 03:42:10 PM »

"I pointed the Universe/Kosmos for you, but all you saw was my fingertip"...

yes)))))...such is the process of refining...often getting caught up in the tip of one's finger...and loosing sight of the Universe....forgive I...

I sis stand corrected...and am listening to ALL these valid points brought forth from Roots, Kelani, Tyehimba, IanI, and Ayinde...with whom I have a great deal of respect..and listen well when such truth is spoken..

Roots - To you specifically,

I have tried to express some things from the heart...and if it has taken on a patronizing tone I aplologize...it is, and was not, my intentions to bump heads with you...and yet...pon reflecting deeper...I know that I have..

I have come to the African village for almost a decade now...seeking much truth and wisdom... it has not been an easy road....many was the time it got so difficult that I simply wanted to turn back...but THAT was never an option...for the very essence of who I am is found here, amongst the people I have come to know and love )))))..yes essence...the meaning of life...

my kneejerk reaction I suppose is typical...and many points were made worth considering...i am indeed a person willing to check my OWN attitude and hold IT up to the light...for I recognize that sometimes though sometimes hard... is the only way that one can move forwards and get to the other side

...so I stand in the midst of fiyah and submit to yet another burn....youch!

I did indeed read the piece about white priviledge written by di white man...he nailed many points worth noting and was honest and open in admitting and acknowleding many of the things we whites take for granted...I suppose it is particularly noteworthy to think on these things, as I deal with non-whites, hopefully it will help me to overstand the reasons behind the "attitude" that I might misconstrue into something else.

I hope that you too read the piece about Rastafari and the "Whole World" written by father James..the thing that got to me Roots about what he say..was HOW he say IT... he be blacker than coal and go through as much, if not more, challenging insperiances in dealing with life...and he still have such a compassion to extend such abundant LOVE...he totally blow me away with that kind of LOVE..drop all my defenses to da floor and BRING ME TO MY KNEES...seen??...I feel welcome in his courts...this kind of love move mountains...yes??...what do you think?...do you think it is naive to be like this??

I appreciate all the comments....and will continue to reflect on these shared points reasonings...

fireball love
Rose

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2003, 04:25:56 PM »

Why do you choose to use Father James as an example of a GOOD African?
Next thing you would be telling Roots that she should try to be like Martin Luther King or racist Mahatma Ghandi. Have you ever noticed that this falls in line with the White Superiority Modus Operandi? They choose the most broken African who was either extremely ignorant of History or suffered from an extreme case of inferiority to 'set up' as an example for Blacks.
Princess Tracey

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2003, 05:24:53 PM »

sis Rose..I beg to differ...perhaps you havn't gone to IanI's site under Rasta Guidance...NO??...or perhaps you read...but do not SEE nor HEAR...LOVE strikes the chords of LOVE and reverberates strongly WHEREVER heard..and I HEAR IT!!  I brought up Father Jah Lightning...not because I think he is some "good African" ..NO...but because he is a BEAUTIFUL BEING OF LIGHT, who carries a deep message of spiritual wisdom within his words..He embodied the very nature and essence of LOVE through his life, through his livity...and though he has since passed...he STILL breathes LIFE through his powerful wordsoundz!!

no sis...I don't "set-up" nothing ...but rather LIFT UP Father James Jah Lightning!

>>>ignorant?...I hardly think so
Rose

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2003, 05:46:51 PM »

You cannot lean on one African to tell another African how they should be. This is another divide and rule tactic. There are many ways to show love, one of the ways is to tell people when they are out of place. I feel Roots can choose her own role models and do not need a white person to point that out to her she seems very aware of African History. You may think that Africans may seem a bit thin-skinned reacting to what may seem like nothing to you, but that is the problem, it is nothing to you. You are in a black movement and no right thinking African wants a white person to suggest a role model for them. Don’t you think Africans on this board can make that choice for themselves?
Princess Tracey

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2003, 06:00:05 PM »

The Whole World

" De whole world a Jah CREATION! So den, Jah does not favour any one part a de earth... because He created the WHOLE earth. For it be written, 'De earth a de Law an de fullness der of'... ab ALL dat dwell in it... an ZION abideth'! So, ANY wer on de earth will do. Anywhere! A no be Africa alone. If it be Africa alone Jah created, den every one a be pack up over der. No man... no favorite. Look here now... if only Africa all I an I was to go... why Him mek Jamaica?... or England?... or America? A de WHOLE earth a fe RASTA!! An Jah mek man in Him own image... an man come in all different skin colour, an different hair colour, an different eye colour... no? Yes man!! So ALL a dem a de image a de Creator. A so it go. Brother an Sister. Give thanks. A de four wings a de earth (pointing in each direction)... anywhere on de earth will do! Anywhere you a livity... anywhere you live by righteousness, a dat be Heaven! Yes man! De Rastaman... I appreciate him dat a praise Africa. I appreciate it! But, I no get dat der fullness from Jah dat say everyone gonna bail out an jus go over a Africa. I say, anyWHERE on de earth will do... for de earth is I Law an de Fullness der of! All a de sed earth, so anywhere you wan... a to LIVE! For you hav Life to Live! A de Father, a Him a de earth you know. So I will Live it! An if who wan to go... I wouldn't say dem not to... but who wan to stay... Babylon cannah stop you again! NO!! Enemy cannah overtrow!!"                          
Father James Jah Lightning

this message is for everyone....de four wings a de earth...  

for me ...for you...for anyone

Rose

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2003, 06:10:54 PM »

Look at you now trying to bring quotes from an African to me. Do not use that one African as a whip. You are NOW discovering this in an African movement and many before him said that and were suppressed and killed by Whites. What makes you feel that Africans don’t know about one love?  You seem to want to dictate how all Africans must deal with you. That is why most of us reserve our love for people who truly respects us.
Continue and let’s see how many newly discovered African quotes you could pelt at this African.
Christine
Christine

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2003, 06:31:08 PM »

The lessons learnt during one’s struggles through life are often times forgotten, when the need to always be in control or to control others, takes precedence over all things that are important to one’s own self development. Talking straight is the most effective way of dialoguing in order to get the required results. The most powerful and effective way to make amends with someone a person may have offended is to apologize genuinely. This of course can only be done by first examining one’s self. Correct action (right attitude) and verbally.

True love and compassion for others is to begin first with respect. MOTIVES should be questioned before extracting written or spoken words from other people’s experiences and using it to quote to another. For every one new thing learnt in life is exactly that, one more new thing, not EVERYTHING, and one ought to always remind oneself of this and not get carried away with the illusion that they know all. Humility is the beginning of wisdom.

Very few White people if any at all, regardless of their love/compassion (their own concept of course) have the ability to honestly admit to having any sign of being a racist in themselves. HISTORIES carries the proof of this and try as you may, HISTORY can never be erased. All the more reason a white person should question their motive/s when relating to or with an African person or peoples. White people should first accept the fact that they are white and I do not mean the kind of acceptance that was developed from a SUPERIOR AVANTAGE POINT OF VIEW! Learn accept and understand the White race first.

From one white woman to another, Warrior Princess, you have a lot to learn.
rastabodhisattva

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2003, 07:20:28 PM »

I believe beings become intrinsically attached to fundamental components of past physical manifestations; particularly those that have occured most recently. Perhaps you and other Blond Rastas are simply intrigued by the culture; however, it could be that you were African Rasta your last time around. You may have chosen this challenge to bridge the gap between race and culture. Yours is a noble endeavor.

Namaste - Be with us all - Rastafari
Princess Tracey

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2003, 07:33:02 PM »

yes...I will not argue with that...it is why I am here...to learn..
to hold my stuff up to the light..and grow from ALL things

there is so much to learn...and I will be the first to admit...I have a long way to go

your words and sentiments are well heard, and come from a place of wisdom indeed...I hear you sis...and reflect deeply
pon thy heart

it is not my intentions to come on to this board and tell anyone how to be....far from it

just frustrated sometimes

I know that MY attitude contributed much to the downward spiral of this reasoning...and I no feel good about creating such a negative vibe

something so beautiful as the words of James to be taken with such insult is something I never dreamed...perhaps I am blind to my own ignorance...hmmmm

Rose...I do not wish to bump heads nor get into some verbal sparring with you..

I am TRULY touched buy the words and life of James...and have been taking in his teachments and love them..instead of people reading dem words I am being criticized for how I am using them...so I will refrain...and rather sight the reaction to my actions.. reflect...

to IanI...if you should read this...please forgive I bredda ...
I in no way ever wanted to see the loving lightful words of James to come to such a low level...so If I have used Him precious words improperly...I humbly offer my apologies)))))

ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2003, 09:12:28 PM »

Greetings,

Let me begin by inviting everyone to sit round this here fiyah, as I pass an nice earthen cup of Ital tea to the “congregation”.  I ask you to join I in this I-ditation.  

In response to warrior princess, I’ll begin again with 2 proverbs, in the ancestral tradition of our wise Afrikan Elders/Ancestors:

1) “When a man says yes, his chi (personal god) says yes also.” (African Proverb)

Meaning, that a humble heart receives much.  InI apprecialove your wordsound.  However, as the “god” in you accepts truth (both bitter an sweet), faith without works is fruitless.  Time reveals all.

2) “No one tests the depth of a river with both feet” (Ashanti Proverb)

Meaning, as “black hearted” or “down with Black Folx” as some may profess to be, this Afrikan “ocean” is DEEP, “DARK” (in its Divine sense; both positive/negative) and full of FIYAH, and ANCESTRAL SPIRIT/FORCE.  Trod easy, humbly and respectfully sistah.

In regards to the words by the bredren that you’ve asked me several times to read, I have and will respond.  InI give thanks for di wordsound.  A good sentiment:

" De whole world a Jah CREATION! So den, Jah does not favour any one part a de earth... because He created the WHOLE earth. For it be written, 'De earth a de Law an de fullness der of'... ab ALL dat dwell in it... an ZION abideth'! So, ANY wer on de earth will do. Anywhere! A no be Africa alone. If it be Africa alone Jah created, den every one a be pack up over der. No man... no favorite. Look here now... if only Africa all I an I was to go... why Him mek Jamaica?... or England?... or America? A de WHOLE earth a fe RASTA!! An Jah mek man in Him own image... an man come in all different skin colour, an different hair colour, an different eye colour... no? Yes man!! So ALL a dem a de image a de Creator. A so it go. Brother an Sister. Give thanks. A de four wings a de earth (pointing in each direction)... anywhere on de earth will do! Anywhere you a livity... anywhere you live by righteousness, a dat be Heaven! Yes man! De Rastaman... I appreciate him dat a praise Africa. I appreciate it! But, I no get dat der fullness from Jah dat say everyone gonna bail out an jus go over a Africa. I say, anyWHERE on de earth will do... for de earth is I Law an de Fullness der of! All a de sed earth, so anywhere you wan... a to LIVE! For you hav Life to Live! A de Father, a Him a de earth you know. So I will Live it! An if who wan to go... I wouldn't say dem not to... but who wan to stay... Babylon cannah stop you again! NO!! Enemy cannah overtrow!!"

However, historically, culturally, spiritually, and biblically speaking, though the ENTIRE EARTH is the dwelling of man and should be respected, the Eurasian mountains, or the most northern parts of Europe is just…well…not really “our cup of tea”, yuh dig?  Agriculturally speaking, it brings forth little to no resources fit for the genius and glory of Afrikan High Culture/Civilation.  

For InI, as Children of the SUN/SON, our “fig tree” is in InI Holy Land, Mother of ALL Creation: ETHIOPIA (this includes all of Africa, India, the so-called Middle East, Brazil, the Caribbean, South America, even Asia, the entire First World Nations).  Whomsevah wan choose Europe…and parts of  the Euro-Asian plains…let dem have it! LOL

Biblically speaking, NO - JAH will not spare the entire earth/people.  As the Natural Laws are Divinely set forth by the Great Master Designer of the Universe.  Nothin' can stop  di time…  

Permit I to quote from Dr Ishakamusa Barashango’s book: “God, the Bible and The Black Man’s Destiny”:

“The Bible, in the Book of Revelations, graphically depicts in symbolic pageantry, the Spirit of the Black Messiah, leading the armies of Afrikan People against the European colonial powers and oppressive forces.  These forces were called God and Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, who were immediate ancestors of the Caucasian race.

In the 38th and 39th chapters of the Book of Ezequiel, God clearly sets forth His inense hatred for Gog, Magog and their descendants who are decribed as a people who come from their home in the far receses of the NORTH…in the latter days, into the land that is brought back from the sword and is gatherede out of many people”, prophetic language for the European so-called “discovery of America.”

Who are God and Magog?

“The sons of Japhet, Gomer and Magog and Madai and Javan and Tubal and Meshesh and Tiras…” Genesis 10:2

All scholars agree on the fact that Japhet was the father of the Caucasian race (Europeans).  The statement “the land that is brought back from the sword and gathered out of many people” is symbolic of the Untied States of America. In this country today, the inhabitants are made up of virtually every nation under the sun.

“Out of the north parts,” the New English Translation renders this passage “From your home in the far recesses of the north”.  The Revised Standard Version says, “uttermost parts of the north.”  Now as we look at the map of the world, where are the “uttermost parts of the north”? Europe, Russia, Scandinavia, etc… A close examination of the history reveals that America is merely an extension of Europe.  Therefore, both of them together will fight in an effort of maintaining the oppressive, colonial, genocidal powers they unlawfully exercise on African and Asian People.

And how thoroughly shall God’s Judgement be carried out against the wicked?

“For yet a little while and the wicked shall not be.  Yea thou shall dillignetly consider his place and it shall not be; but the meek shall inherit the earth and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace…But the wicked shall perish and the enemy of the Lord shall be as fat as the lambs.  They shall consume into smoke; shall they consume away.” Psalms 37: 10, 11, 20

“But unto you that fear (respect) shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings…”

The “Sun of Righteousness shall arise” – In Ancient Ethiopia, the emblem of the sovereign power was a SUN DISK with wings, symbolizing the sun, traveling across the sky.  This prophecy of the Black Messiah likens him unto the sun indicating the live-giving power of this spirit and teachings throughout the ages.  “With “healing on his wings” – A warm, tropical climate is conductive to good health, abundant provisions and happy creativity (thus healing).  According to many scientists today, this planet is becoming increasingly warmer and moving toward and even, tropical temperature.  Thank God that everything is beginning to move on time.

After the Lord has led His armies to a complete victory over the beast (for we are confident in the victory of good over evil, His Imperial Majesty), the earth shall then once again return to its natural state; For it is written:

Then I will give you the rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.  And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time, and ye shall eat your bread to the full and dwell in YOUR LAND SAFELY.  And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid; and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.  And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. And five of you shall chase an hundred, and a hundred of you shall put then thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.” Leviticus 26: 4-8

These are the promises of God to the Black Man.  So my brothers and sisters, even the Godhead spoke many years ago . Let us, the people of God, make a black nation in the image of Black Unity and Love – The original and most natural state of things.  This is the message of our God.  The message of Black Power.  Thus we see that God don’t love ugly.  As it began in the East, so shall it end in the East, and there shall be Peace, Power, Love and Perfection above all Creation – At Last”

So, as nice as the father’s words are, he can have the North (Europe).  So can anyone else who sight the world from “rose colored glasses” rather then from the “Spectacles of Ethiopia”, for how can I sing King Alpha’s song in a strange land?

AFRIKA FOR THE AFRIKAN – AT HOME AND ABROAD

http://halerasta.com/Html/Images/sticker13.jpg

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Oba
Oba

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2003, 10:37:10 PM »

Unfair discrimination is de cause of plenty a suffering in this world. Africans have been suffering unfair discrimination for centuries and many Africans have developed unique survival strategies to cope with the pressures of daily living. It is disrespectful when persons that are not experiencing the daily pain of Africans come to this village and attempt to tell Africans how they should conduct their struggle against racism. Gender discrimination has many similarities to racial discrimination.

European societies have encouraged unfair discrimination against females for centuries. As a boy growing up I remember my parents giving me lots more freedom to go places and make my own decisions than my sisters. At the time I was glad to be given privileges over my sisters and considered it to be a right that goes with being male. I did not consider these privileges as examples of unfair discrimination. As I look around the world at this present time I see many females being unfairly discriminated against with society trying to force them to accept submissive roles. As a male I can understand and support the struggles of women but I can never lead this struggle because I do not experience the daily gender discrimination that females endure. In my view it is far more important for me to keep looking at my daily conduct to ensure that my actions do not promote unfair discrimination against women rather than for me to keep asking women to accept me as part of their struggle or for me to attempt to lead this struggle.
zaparley

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2003, 11:41:26 PM »

to late, rasta and rastafari spread thruout tha whole planet!! Roll Eyes
Princess Tracey

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2003, 07:17:30 AM »

sistren Roots...I recieve thy cup of nourishing Ital tea and sip slowly...the herbs help soothe this dry and parched throat and bring healing

these words shared and spoken reveal great power...and when I say power I mean from there content.  I am begining to see and recognize the importance of overstanding history..foir it reveal mightily some insight into the happenings of today

...the scales continue to fall as new light reveals itself

I will return to the bible with new eyes to see...as in the past I always had difficulty connecting the Old Testement...as it was not quite revealed in that way...if ye know what I mean...smile...

Roots...Iya know there is much inside this white vessel of mine
that has yet to reveal all the hidden unseen depths of this livity..and there is good as well as the ugly...yesterday,  revealed the ugly..but from all that...today...reveals the good..I know that this fiyah was ultimately a good thing..for it brings I to new levels of awareness, that otherwise may not have been seen..lest I submit my everything to the purifying of this fiyah...and like the magnificent phoenix that arise from ashes of iniquity/impurity..I too, arise with new wings to fly higher..stronger to reach the highest of my high.. the only way I will ever be able to realize the essence of my real TRUTH..once again..I see how essential to check one's own Self and really LOOK at it in the pursuit of higher development..for I truly am sis...willing to see))))

Fiyah can be cleaninsing and purifying..if one ALLOWS it to be utilized in such a way...and though I do not like it when I stand in the midst of it..(cause it hurts and is painful)..I know that true healing awaits the vessel that submits to this purification process..yesterday something needed to go...cleared outta the way...I do not think I would of advanced forward otherwise...and therefore can give thanks..knowing that ALL things work together for the good..

If I am to be an effective warrior in this go around of life...I must know which battles are the ones to fight...and develope the inna skills to know HOW to fight the injustices with wisdom, integrity, honesty, and noble character...and sister...it is not you...I wish to fight ))))))))...for you have much to offer in the ways of wisdom, insight, and knowledge to help light the way..

Pon deeper refelection...I think part of my kneejerk reaction was this very thing...I wanted to come to you...but felt I wouldn't be recieved...that my skin would be the barrier..but today I see it wasn't the skin...it was my attitude that became the barrier...funny thing how we project our stuff onto others..yes??...smile

Sistren Roots..I have much to learn...and now know that though my heart is there...my Insperiances can never touch the full scope and depth of that ocean..

I respectfully realize the journey that unfolds is one I must tread carefully..openly...mindfully.. as new insights await MY awareness...

I hope that we can share in more of this healing tea Roots...it do so nourish thy soul and quench such a thirst...and di vibe is of mutual respect is lifted UP as we each trod this spiritual journey as sistrens...wombman...working on different ends of the spectrum, to in the end join together as Universally One.

and yes...I do so enjoy looking through dem rose colored glasses...and DO indeed wish de WHOLE WORLD could sight the enlightened reasonings of blessed Father James...Iya recognize it isn't so...there is still much work needed to be done..

I wonder what we will see in this generation

thank you for opening thy gate...I wash my feet before I enter through this door

fireball love
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: