Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  The Importance of a Name
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Importance of a Name  (Read 13145 times)
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« on: August 28, 2003, 04:10:35 PM »

In ancient traditions of Alkebulan, names were a very important aspect and part of oneself. Names often given in light of the circumstances of a person's birth and had a special significance in terms of the person's life mission and/or characteristic.
In the process of colonialism and slavery, Africans was stripped of their names, language and culture to assist in their dehumanisation. It was a deliberate ploy to break in, brainwash and tame the African. They wanted us to forget our heritage and culture,our names, our language, they wanted to rid us of the very essence of our being: the roadmap to our divine nature. In the process of reclaiming ourself, we must re-examine every sphere of ourselves and of our existence and question it.
I have often seen brothers so eager to rid themselves of their european slavemaster name that they rush and adopt a arab slavemaster name.

I reject the term Negro, Nigger, Pygmy, Hottennot, Hamite and all other racist/ignorant names for I. I reserve the right to determine how i should be addressed. I AM AN AFRIKAN, know I

nyamabla

Rastafari

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 04:24:59 PM »

I have often seen brothers so eager to rid themselves of their european slavemaster name that they rush and adopt a arab slavemaster name.

so true brethren. everytime i sign i name i just shake i head. iman was signing something in personnel for i rep one time and i shook my head and this white lady said whats wrong hun. i said slavery wicked you know. she just turned red. havent spoke to i since.

blessed love
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 06:55:45 PM »

I reject the term Negro, Nigger, Pygmy, Hottennot, Hamite and all other racist/ignorant names for I. I reserve the right to determine how i should be addressed. I AM AN AFRIKAN, know I

Islamic names have nothing to do with Negroid people from sub-Saharan Afrika. In fact these Arabs dealt in the enslavement of Negroid Afrikans -and still do-, so it makes no sense to take their names instead of European ones! We must be alert and realize the manipulative games the Arabs are playing on Negroid Afrikans. Abdalla El Turabi once said this about the Arab ambitions in Africa, "If Europe could scramble for Africa (in the 19th. Century), why not the Arabs (in this century)?" Furios
Afrika is now under Arab pseudo-colonial control and is at beck and call of the Arabs for support in any international arenas. Even at the conferences Afrika we see Negroid Afrikans rallying behind "Free Palestine" posters, but no "Free Sudan or Mauriatania" posters. It would be laughable if it wasn’t so  pathetic[smiley=sad2.gif]…

We live in a world that is dominated and controlled by white supremacy, with total disregard for people of Negroid Afrikan descent. I would suggest every Black Afrikan who has no direct family link to Afrika, even after research, to find an Afrikan person worth of respect like a spiritual leader, a doctor or whatever. Ask them if they would mind helping you to find an Afrikan name, they most likely would be honored. Pick a  Central or West African name, as that is where the majority of Europeans and Arabs slave traders went to capture or buy other humans.  

Let’s regain our Afrikan names and reconnect with the PAST...for our children and for ourselves Two Thumbs!

Bantu-Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras_Joe

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 07:37:46 AM »

Bantu I ask you to help I find a name.

Respect,
Ras Joe(Joe must go, lol)
Princess_Ayanna

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 11:24:18 AM »

Names.....directly and indirectly.... define who I and I are as a person...unfortunetly I and I at first have no control on our "birth" name.  It is not until we overstand Iselves and I and I purpose in life can I and I rename Iselves to symbolize I and I.  For most finding a first name is not difficult...it is the rememberance of I and I last name that stands out.....a slave masters last name held by ownership.

How do I and I seek and find I and I TRUE Family Name?

Jah guide, bless and protect!
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 07:09:25 AM »

Bantu I ask you to help I find a name.

Respect,
Ras Joe(Joe must go, lol)

1,001 African Names by Julia Stewart

He who throws away his Identity has no place in the sight of the Most-I.

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: