Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Question???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question???  (Read 10978 times)
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« on: September 05, 2003, 12:49:57 PM »

Why is the physical area of the heart associated with 'love'?
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 01:23:41 PM »

Ras,

A very interesting question indeed.

I do not know of "The" answer but I can put forth my ideas and maybe starting from those we can eventually get to "The" answer.

The heart is the  true center of our existence as humans.  Without the heart's beat our lives would cease.  We know this already.  We must maintain our heart's strength in order to survive in ways of proper eating, exercise and overall conditioning.  When our heart begin to weaken we become  prone to disease that could ultimatly lead to our death.

We attribute, or at least I do, positive feeling with strength.  It feels good to be strong, not just physically but emotionally too.  We derive strength from true love...this love could be for another person, Jah, or even activities.  My love for Jah is strong as is my love for my empress. This starts in my mind but travels down to the heart and as a result I feel stronger.

I belive love is a central theme in the fullfilment  our lives and the heart is the central being within our body.  As a result I believe that these two have become equated.

Maybe these ideas can start the process of understanding the answer to your question.

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 03:15:34 PM »

Its interesting that you bring this up on the heart
just yesterday i was thinking about how inside everybody you see there is a heart that's beating, it just beats
and beats
when thinking about it, it did seem that the heart is the central organ in the body that's keeping the body alive

talking with an ex-rasta once named Rashid, he brought up 'the heart' but said "not the physical heart, but the heart that the physical heart represents", pointing to something deeper maybe

also, in Message to the People by Marcus Garvey, Garvey talks about the heart, which he equates with the mind and the soul

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Worship_Nature

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 06:12:12 PM »

Greetings.the PHYSICAL area of the heart is associated with LOVE because "love" WILL BE manifested when the HEART CHAKRA is OPENED.once it is opened,ini will feel the love of the HOLA IRIT or our MOTHER that SURPASSES ALL UNDERstanding.SELAH

WORSHIP NATURE

FOLLOW THE LAWS OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER & EARTHLY MOTHER
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 07:25:56 PM »

peace and hotep,

what is love is the question.

it has nothing to do with chakre's or the physical place or shape of the heart.

love has everything to do with compassion.
but you know this.....

the creative intelligence of the universe is compassion/love.
it exists devoid of our minor exchanges on this physical plane. Lips Sealed 2

freedomisahapislave
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: