Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  A "Dreaded" question
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: A "Dreaded" question  (Read 67781 times)
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 04:58:32 PM »

Sorry Gnata, I gave you the wrong link. Here's the correct one: http://awol.objector.org
This isn't only for Gnata, everyone should check out AWOL magazine, it's a really good effort put out by some sistaz and bruddaz in Philly. Encompasses a lot of stuff but the focus is on anti-militarism and political prisoners. It includes a CD with each issue and people can contribute articles and music for the CD as well (so Natural Blacks, check it out and see who from the Niyabinghi House might want to contribute.)
Bless Up People
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 05:27:47 PM »

I guess the back issues are sold out. I might have a few lying around: let me search though my stuff and in the next couple days I'll let you know and I could send em to you.
vsm

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »

You points of view are corect.You know I would prefer tolive in Africa, to live like you but to be a Christian, A REAL ONE..to live like Jesus. He died for us, for all of us, because HE LOVED SO MUCH THE HUMAN BEINGS. Life in Europe is a lie, a big lie, everybody is running for money, more and more, they don'have enough !
Really, Jesus is the most important person in the History of the planet Earth, we must try to understand what HE DID FOR US ALL.
There is a country in Africa with a lor of Christians, even the president is a Christian, I don'tremember which country...
Anyway, take care of youselves and love all the persons you know, even your enemies, because it is wonderful to be a good person ! I love you all !
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 07:08:15 PM »

"...Jesus is the most important person in the History of the planet Earth"

u speak as if jesus existed... why not say HORUS is the most important person in the BLACK-story of the planet Earth?

black ppl wise...our-story and greatness far exceeds jesus christ. i don't know bout the next man, but i KNOW jesus christ hasn't done anything for me... and i don't want him to.

love and blessings ... HAILE I REIGNS

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2006, 06:45:20 PM »

Rasta is a strong force...

I love that this topic is still creating positive conversations a number of years after it was created.  I give thanks to all who have brought back and kept this dreaded question alive.

Yes...

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
gnata

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2006, 12:00:59 PM »

Hotep , 

VSM wrote :

You points of view are corect.You know I would prefer tolive in Africa, to live like you but to be a Christian, A REAL ONE..to live like Jesus. He died for us, for all of us, because HE LOVED SO MUCH THE HUMAN BEINGS. Life in Europe is a lie, a big lie, everybody is running for money, more and more, they don'have enough !
Really, Jesus is the most important person in the History of the planet Earth, we must try to understand what HE DID FOR US ALL.
There is a country in Africa with a lor of Christians, even the president is a Christian, I don'tremember which country...
Anyway, take care of youselves and love all the persons you know, even your enemies, because it is wonderful to be a good person ! I love you all !

What a funny message ! i've read some nasty and crazy stuff but this one is the my best ...
And then Mr. VSM wanna live like Jesus ,why not like Buddah or like Mahomet ?  i don't know what is really going wrong with Black folks ? Aren't we tired of being worshipping those ancients Slavemaster's Gods ?
My mean question here is : What thoses Gods gave us since the end of slavery or Appartheid or Colonization that some Rasta or African religion can't gave us ?
Are we less discrinimiated or less hated as Blacks in this world because we are Christian , muslims or Bouddist ?
Should we recall those who , like donkeys,  keep on following the spirituals paths of others Peoples to stop that madness !
If you're black and you don't have "infortunatly" an access to some black spiritualities , be a Rasta or be something like a Vodun or somethong else which is Black, do something but stop worshipping aliens Gods you don't know the origins!

Blacks folks are the most alienated people on earth ( y'all know that ) ,the reasons are :  we don't like ourselves that's why we bleach our skin to look whiter ( see the hideous Michael Jackson ) , we distroy our hair to look more like White folks , we sytematically reject our ancient African religion and accept all Western garbagge to be a naughty so-called "Civilized" , shame on us !

VSM don't wanna live like Marcus Garvey , or like Lumumba or like Malcolm X but i wanna live like Jesus , he don't wanna be a Rasta or a Vodun , but he wanna be a Christian , and tomorrow he will be shy to speak english with his jamaļcan accent because he 'll find it's not beautifull like the brithish one, ----> shame on us !
...Who said mental slavery here ? 
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 01:54:33 PM »

... and tomorrow he will be shy to speak english with his jamaļcan accent because he 'll find it's not beautifull like the brithish one, ----> shame on us !

serious talk dat...give thanks fi the words.

i was just reasoning with a bredrin jus a few minutes before reading this page, and telling him how hard it used to be for me to pronounce my name (i recently changed my name...it was ASTOR).  my thinking is... the pronounciations in the english language (british) are so conflicting with patois, that jamaicans aren't able 8 times out of 10 to pronounce words "correctly" (of course "correctly" being the way the english would). but now u've made that point... it leaves room for more thinking eeh? serious serious tak dat my bredrin. we love that.

i've been in this "english" country for so many years, and i can't speak the language "properly". i have pronounciation "problems". i can write it as good as or maybe even better than the average english man whenever i feel to, but i couldn't speak english (still judging from the english man's standard) to save my life. and i've never had a drive to try to be able to speak english the way our prime minister would. it annoys me to hear the governor general deliver a speech... seems so fake to me.

but can we not judge it from the english man's standard? we do speak "british english" (the lanuguage of the country - jamaica). i don't know. this is why i've decided to not speak it tho, i'm not an english man nor am i trying to be. now i only use it for work purposes... for the same reason i type it here, i speak it at werk... for ease of iverstanding. kinda like a standard for communication. since english is a foreign language, i speak it as best as i can, with all the patois blends and such, and not feel ashamed. i only want to know u're understanding my expressions.

i'm not sure if it's my accent that keeps me from pronouncing the words correctly tho. but then again... i used to speak spanish... and i'm sure i wasn't pronouncing the werds "as well as" the spanish would... but i was speaking spanish, and i woudn't feel shy speaking spanish the way i did around a spaniard, because i know this is a foreign language to me. accents add to pronounciation... shudd i speak "standard english" i'd be sounding british... or just not jamaican. maybe my thinking this is the problem, nuh suh? "harley davidson" (this was the werd that brought up the convo with my bredrin) ...i pronounce this: harley davisson. i can't (more precisely, won't - under normal speech, minimal consciousness towards my pronounciations) say daviDson ...am i shy to speak english? why don't i say harley daviDson? is it because it won't sound as beautiful as the british? ...and it'll leave me feeling "backward and dark".."trying to speak english when i can't". but that is the thinking in jamaica. "patois signifies darkness and lack of exposure". so many parents beat their children for speaking patois.. "how yuh chat suh bad?! speak properly!" ...wat a joke. right now i bun out english for me. dash weh english. ini waan yadd home to learn my own languages...english is so soulless...so western. too much confusion rasta... ini want to be free.

gnata... good sound idrin.

RASTA LIVE

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
siger

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 12:57:07 PM »

Mine is a response to VSM. Sori, babe, haven't written earlier. Bin a bit busy. I have checked yo profile out, though, and i must say i am at crossroads with you on your religious tendencies.

Tis good to have faith, for what is a man without faith. It is like  a woman who goes to the well without a pot.

However, be careful, my sister, because faith in religion has led many astray. You speak of a country with lots of christians, with a 'saved' leader. I was born in that country. Uganda, we have the highest percentage christians in the whole world! Its true.

But has answered our questions. NO, rather, it has only complicated the problem. Let me explain....

Down here in Africa, we are still fighting wars of independence. Now, i was christian for 16 of my 19 yrs. You tell us to pray, i did my fair amount of praying; and i'll tell you the legenday legion of angels belongs in books.

Our problems are real. Remember that. They are not some watered up piece for the BBC morning news. Have you ever lost your dreams? For dreams are the substance of the soul, and without them we run blind.
That is Africa. WE are bound in our heads. This is real, gal.

What makes it worse is the christians. YES! The christian leaders you have just talked about. The Christian West and its dollars. They sit in their mansions built with blood money, and tell us to forgive, to pray, to give tythe while they ssuck our blood.

Let me tell you why i no longer call myself christian. Because i'm yet to meet a real christian. They are all modern day Pharisees, spitting on others, assuming to know God.

You pray if you want to. I'l go around seeking God in what i do. If i dont find him, then i might as well do the job myself.

AFRICA WILL RISE! I swear it.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: