Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:49:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 42 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  AFRICA AND THE DIASPORA
| |-+  General African News
| | |-+  Islam/African History
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Islam/African History  (Read 16300 times)
nomo8

« on: May 25, 2009, 01:03:50 AM »

Pending permission of the editor, this link is offered (with good attribution to AFrican history scholars) regarding the subject of Islam and African history.  It's long .  There were some statements and labellings made herein about this recently.   

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-original-black-arabs-of-arabia-part-4-the-black-stone-the-black-tribe-of-koreysh-black-prophet-mohammed/

Here is the first paragraph, but it gets much more interesting than this.  Diffusion of culture and religion over millenia is complicated.  Grand condemnations based on personal experiences don't do the subject justice .  The article was fresh for me.

The Original Black African Arabs of Arabia Part 4 (The Black Stone, The Black Tribe of Koreysh, The Black Prophet By Ogu Eji Ofo Anu
The Black Stone, the Black Tribe of Koreysh, the Black Prophet

The Kaaba - the Black Stone

The Kaaba was a pagan shrine of great antiquity which housed the black stone, a meteorite that was probably brought by the Kushitic Black Arabs from Kushitic Ethiopia where such worship was routine. Pagan rites were routinely performed at the Kaaba in Mecca.

Richard King stated in his book, “Melanin: A Key to freedom” on the issue of the Kaaba stone:

“… for many followers of Islam the experience of viewing the Black Stone Meteorite El Ka’aba in Mecca evokes the inner vision image and experience of God. This inner vision event was likely to have been experienced by the same Africans who brought the Black Stone from Ethiopia to Arabia long before the birth of the Prophet Mohamet. It is equally important to note that in Kemet, the genetic child of Ethiopia, Black Stones were given Divine Value. Black stones were often placed as the all Black pyramiadon cap stones upon the top of pyramids, an all black stone room (rose granite being a black granite with flecks of red as the King’s chamber is the highest room in the interior of the Great Pyramid of Giza), and a special system of linear measurement being used by Kamites when working in Black Stone, the Black Cubit or nilometric cubit.”

Although some Muslim hadiths assert that Abraham the ancestor of the Adnaniyun tribe of the Arabs, had built up the Kaaba with the help of his son Ismail/Ishmael upon the instruction of Allah, more academically inclined historians generally accepted that at the time Mohammed began his preaching, there was no recollection of any Abraham nor Adnaniyun, nor Ismail who had purportedly built the Kaaba. There was instead a living tradition of a matriarchal goddess worship and rites dating back to ancestral Ethiopia Kush where matriarchal goddesses have been worship in its most developed form since the beginning of time.

The city of Mecca was considered a holy place and the destination of pilgrims long before the prophet Muhammad. Kushitic Black Arabs and other Arabized tribes would bring yearly offerings to the Kaaba, or, make pilgrimages as part of a pattern of Kushitic religious rites which venerated the matriarchal deity of Mecca - Alaat.

Mohammed’s new religion which had emphasized the mythological masculine ancestor Abraham together with his Hebrew male proto-God was antithetical to all the known traditions of Mecca. The basic issue between Mohammed and his Koreysh persecutors who drove him out of Mecca was that he had preached an alien and foreign philosophy which they could not understand nor tolerate. Most of Mohammed’s own tribe-the Koreysh- the keepers of the Kaaba- officiated over the worship of the Kushitic originated Godess Alaat.
HumanNature

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 08:07:45 AM »

Arabs were never black, they were brown. MANY arabic tribes (including beduins) remained in the arabian peninsula and we can see today that they are not black but brown. Even Yemen which is a few km's from somalia is evidently not black but brown. The arabs that migrated to Northern-Africa and the Middle East mixed with the local population which had a lighter complextion, and today we see arabs that look like whites. The Kaaba is today islams holiest place, the holiest place for more than 1000'000'000 people.
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:04:12 AM »

of course  DIMWIT, U SEE THINGS FROM YOUR WHITE WORLD VIEW, U BARBARIC PERSIAN DESCEDANT,
IVAN VAN SERTIMA TELL US ON AFRICAN PRESENCE IN EARLY ASIA, THAT ARABS WERE BLACK, HENCE THE TERM SAUDI ARABIA,MEANING SAUDI MEANING BLACK, BLACK ARABIA,DIMWIT@ I SMELL A RAT AKA AGENT PROVOCATOUR.
HumanNature

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 08:30:22 AM »

LOL rebel, you are really hilarious every time.

It's not about "view", it's about what is right in front of your nose. Also Saudi Arabia have it's name due to the name of the royal family. The kingdom is ruled by the house of "Saud" and they are not black, actually they can trace their ancestors quite far back.

Here is the picture of the current king, Abdullah bin Abdul al-Saud:

Does not look african to me rebel, lol.
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »

So the ruling class of Saudi Arabia are palefaces, what else is new?
Doesn't mean no "Arabs" are "Black". I have a friend from Saudi Arabia who looks "typically" Arab facial features wise, with dark skin, his mother looks more Black African than anything and his dad looks more like the guy in the photo. Both his parents consider themselves to be "Arabs". Many of the self-proclaimed "Arabs" in Sudan who think they're superior to "pure" Black people are virtually indistinguishable from them, at least to me.
My impression was always that, much like "Jews", "Arabs" come in black, brown and white.
Got more to say re the various issues you've been bringing up but it'll have to wait for when I have more time on the net.
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 03:16:28 PM »

Click on "Ayanna roots" at the top of the page and check out that article... relates to what we're talking about here.
HumanNature

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 05:38:22 PM »

So the ruling class of Saudi Arabia are palefaces, what else is new?
Doesn't mean no "Arabs" are "Black". I have a friend from Saudi Arabia who looks "typically" Arab facial features wise, with dark skin, his mother looks more Black African than anything and his dad looks more like the guy in the photo. Both his parents consider themselves to be "Arabs". Many of the self-proclaimed "Arabs" in Sudan who think they're superior to "pure" Black people are virtually indistinguishable from them, at least to me.
My impression was always that, much like "Jews", "Arabs" come in black, brown and white.
Got more to say re the various issues you've been bringing up but it'll have to wait for when I have more time on the net.

Look, you need to read what I was responding to. Rebel is saying that the name "Saud" have an african connection, and I was trying to show him that it has not. The royal family is as you said "palefaces" ie not black...and its from them that their country is named. Saudi Arabia ruled by the house of Saud. If you seach long enough and analyze every word I write here then its no wonder that you think I have an agenda. Read what I write straight forward and you will understand better.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: