Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:48:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 33 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  AFRICA AND THE DIASPORA
| |-+  General African News
| | |-+  Clinton warns against "new colonialism" in Africa
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Clinton warns against "new colonialism" in Africa  (Read 12105 times)
News
Admin

« on: June 11, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »

LUSAKA (Reuters) – Africa must beware of "new colonialism" as China expands ties there and focus instead on partners able to help build productive capacity on the continent, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said.

Clinton, asked in a television interview in Zambia on Saturday about China's rising influence on the continent, said Africans should be wary of friends who only deal with elites.

Full Article : news.yahoo.com
News
Admin

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:00:29 AM »

China rejects Clinton’s ‘new colonialism’ rantings in Zambia

Chinese analysts have dismissed a statement by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that warned Africa to be wary of “new colonialism” as China expands its ties in the continent, saying that trade and economic cooperation between China and African countries are conducted on the basis of mutual benefit.

Clinton said Saturday that “we don’t want to see a new colonialism in Africa,” when asked about China’s growing influence in the continent during a television interview in Lusaka, Zambia.

Full Article...
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »

Every time you think these politricksters cannot possibly reach any lower depths of utter hypocrisy, they go and outdo themselves. Mind you, I agree that China are the new colonialists (India's getting in on it too) but that hardly means we should stop focusing on the old colonialists. PS don't have time to look for it now, but there was an article I read the other day about how Harvard University, among others, are buying up vast tracks of agricultural land in Africa which will displace many thousands of people and increase food insecurity - will look for it and post when I get the chance, unless someone beats me to it.
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 05:01:06 PM »

Ah, I see there's no need to look for it, it's right below this post! Africa Speaks crew on the ball as always Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: