Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 51 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Mansions of Rastafari
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mansions of Rastafari  (Read 20964 times)
One Lion

« on: October 28, 2011, 09:55:16 AM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High Jah...

Forgive a bredren for postin a new topic, as ini nah could find anything on the mansions of rastafari in here.  ini have read some on this, and have seen that bob and others claim specific mansions.  Could this subject be clarified to i please? the reading ini have done on this subject give ini hope to find myself, relate myself, and lift myself. many thanks and blessings. jah guidance.
Ras Jordan

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »

Greetings. Came across this post and thought I would add a reply because it does allow InI to apply the overstanding and knowledge found upon InI journey. This is not a detailed reply but a summarized version of the answer and gives the original three of the movement. There are of course Fulfilled Rastafari and Remi but I have only included explanations of the first three. Mansions of Rastafari are what you would call "Branches" of Rastafari.

Bobo Shanti: The word Bobo Shanti is derived from Bobo (which stands for Black) and Ashanti, the African tribe from Kumasi, Ghana. It is believed that most of the slaves brought to Jamaica were from the Ashanti tribe and are the ancestors of many Jamaicans. Prince Emanuel Charles Edwards founded the Bobo Shanti order in Jamaica in the 1950s.  The Bobo Shanti use Revelations V to justify Prince Emmanuel as the re-incarnate of the Christ. He is regarded as the reincarnate Black Christ in a priestly state. He, along with Haile Selassie are seen as Gods. Marcus Garvey is regarded as a prophet, and the three are seen as a Holy Trinity. The Bobo Shanti believe that there should be repatriation of all black people to Africa. In addition the Bobo Shanti order also believe that black people should be reimbursed monetarily (reparations) for slavery.

Twelve Tribes of Israel: The Twelve Tribes of Israel is a Rastafarian group founded in Kingston, Jamaica, and now is functioning worldwide. The founder, Vernon Carrington, also known as Prophet Gad, taught his students to read the Bible 'A Chapter A Day'. Bob Marley acknowledged his own support for this sect and due to their inclusiveness of all races and acceptance of the Holy Scripture (Bible), though not the oldest, Twelve Tribes of Israel is considered the largest of all Rastafari houses.

Niyabinghi: Niyabinghi means "Black Victory" and it was first used to describe an East African possession cult located in the areas of south Uganda and north Rwanda in 1700 AD (Hopkins 259). Early missionaries and anthropologists named the Uganda/Rwanda clans, the Niyabinghi Cult, because their culture was based on the veneration of the goddess spirit, Niyabinghi . The Niyabinghi Cult is said to have thrived due to the possession of the goddess Niyabinghi through dance and religious séances.  Niyabinghi doesn't have any linkage to or relationship with Ethiopian history or Haile Selassie, it is a part of the Rastafari movement and a manifestation of the wisdom of Jah. Niyabinghi are considered the strictest mansion of the Rastafari movement in Jamaica.

Thanks for reading. Jah blessings
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: