Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Science and Technology (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  WISE I INVITED TO RASTA STUDY GROUP TO FORM RASTAFARI  THINK-TANK ORGANISATION
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WISE I INVITED TO RASTA STUDY GROUP TO FORM RASTAFARI  THINK-TANK ORGANISATION  (Read 7511 times)
albert_tempie

« on: August 20, 2012, 02:23:06 AM »

WISE I INVITED TO RASTA STUDY GROUP TO FORM RASTAFARI  THINK-TANK ORGANISATION

On May 25th this year, the idea was born to start the process of forming a study group to build an organisation called, RASTAFARI ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ARTS.(R.A.S.T.A.)

The group which has its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rastafari-Alliance-for-Science-Technology-and-Arts-RASTA/474280542588870 is open for membership of any and all Rastafarians who have a skill or talent that they want to make known and make available for the purposes of building the Rastafari nation.

Although the objectives are still in the making and the final structure of the organisation is not yet final, I man would like to share some words of advice from His Imperial Majesty:

“Education develops the intellect; and the intellect distinguishes man from other creatures. It is education that enables man to harness nature and utilize her resources for the well-being and improvement of his life. The key for the betterment and completeness of modern living is education. But, ‘ Man cannot live by bread alone ‘. Man, after all, is also composed of intellect and soul. Therefore, education in general, and higher education in particular, must aim to provide, beyond the physical, food for the intellect and soul. That education which ignores man’s intrinsic nature, and neglects his intellect and reasoning power can not be considered true education.”

Emperor Haile Selassie I

About R.A.S.T.A.

A study group working towards the establishment of an educational institution of excellence

Mission

The establishment of a database of upright Idren and Sistren in each country: lawyers, doctors, inventors, tradesman, accountants, musician, authors, bakers et who want to be available to assist the cause.

The formation of a non-profit organisation to raise funds to be used to support I and Iin the furtherance of I and I works.

A digitization of the works of Rastafari in print, film and sound for the purposes ofarchiving I and I I Story.

Stronger efforts to assist the elders in Shashemane with the works.
Representation at the highest diplomatic levels on the question of repatriation and reparation.

Support for further research into African I story.

The establishment of resource centres, libraries , sport facilities, studios etc where I and I could receive help to nurture I and I talents.

To make available legal assistance for ones and ones in times of need

To offer artistic support in holding of conferences, and concerts.

To assist in restoration of the monarchy in Itiopia.

Description

R.A.S.T.A is a virtual community to facilitate the meeting, sharing and promotion of the Rastafarian way of life, as exemplified through the science, technology and the arts.

Please like I and I page and forward the link to Rastafari Ones and Ones.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: